If Weed is supposed to make you less violent why do many criminals smoke it?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was watching this Aaoron Hernandez trial and this dude was smoking weed often and even violent while high on it, they were talking about the night club altercation and he just got high with his friend who he later shot in the face because he got paranoid that he would snitch, but the friend lived and testified in court against him.

The majority of gang bangers smoke dope. I always thought weed was supposed to make you high and happy like a hippy not violent and paranoid because thats what most of the media shows in movies the stoner who is doped out and happy and comical.

No it doesnt make you less violent, all the shit is stupid propaganda pot smokers use to take the high road about how their lifestyle is better than your average "square" guy

If the internet is a source of knowledge, why do so many idiots use it?

What strange logic. Weed doesn't make you more violent, but it doesn't magically make you less of a scumbag either. Criminals aren't running round doing criminal shit because they smoke weed.

A common side effect of habitual marijuana use is increased irritability. It can also increase paranoia and anxiety in individuals.

But I think it's pretty safe to say that for many it functions very much as a sedative.

It varies from person to person, as well as there being different strains that have different effects.

I think the argument is that out of various drugs you can use, marijuana is generally the least likely to make you any more violent than you normally are. A lot of people have some pretty severe underlying problems they're trying to cope with, which is why they're using drugs. Drugs are fun and can help take your mind of of your problems.

I've never, in around 15 years of smoking off and on, seen a conflict start purely because of weed. On the other hand I've seen people suddenly become violent over pretty mild stuff when drunk, high on meth or other hard drugs. I would say you have less of a loss of self control when smoking in comparison to harder drugs, and that's when that subconscious hostility will come out

Last edited:
I'm torching some delicious shatter, getting ready for my regular murder spree

If anything weed is probably a large part of the reason I've never assaulted anyone.

No it doesnt make you less violent, all the shit is stupid propaganda pot smokers use to take the high road about how their lifestyle is better than your average "square" guy
It may not make you less violent if you're already a rotten motherfucker, but it doesn't promote aggressive behaviour like aclohol does. As I've always said, I've never seen 2 guys get in a bar fight because they were too high.

If anything weed is probably a large part of the reason I've never assaulted anyone.
The last handful of times I've killed a hooker, it's because they tried to steal my weed.

And also because, well you know, they're hookers. They weren't wanted or loved to begin with

"Do I lose my shit and spend the night in jail, or do I smoke this and chill?
Hmmmm. Mighty tough deciiiiiision..."

The last handful of times I've killed a hooker, it's because they tried to steal my weed.

And also because, well you know, they're hookers. They weren't wanted or loved to begin with

If there's one hing I've learned from sherdog, is poor people aren't real humans. Well actually it's anyone who isn't exactly like me isn't a real person, but it's an extension of that.

Because Marijuana is criminalized and it shouldn't be.

Last edited:
"Do I lose my shit and spend the night in jail, or do I smoke this and chill?
Hmmmm. Mighty tough deciiiiiision..."

My ex used to park a bowl in front of me when I would get really pissed off about something. Smart girl (sometimes). I've told myself "just get through this and you can get reallllly high when you get home" many times.

TS never smoked weed and has no opinion.

Back