If UFC paid their champions more, would more people watch?

TewPoint0

DHEA Abuser
@Brown
Reaction score
The more money on the line, the more fascinating the fight. It's just human nature to be interested in high risk, high reward situations.

The minimum champions get is 250k show money + ppv points, it's pretty good considering most of them aren't draws.

It's not really high risk high reward in that scenario unless it's winner takes all...then color me intrigued

The more money on the line, the more fascinating the fight. It's just human nature to be interested in high risk, high reward situations.
I enjoy fights no matter how much is on the line. I want fighters to get good pay, but to me it doesn't add any drawing value.

Only works when 1 or 2 are making it. If everyone is doing it then its just the norm

Who knows. But higher pay in general would likely attract more athletes. An uptick in that regard could conceivably attract more viewers.

I know guys that refuse to watch until they get memos the pay cheques are higher.

Last card one of my friends kept whining "Was that a KO or TKO? And he's only making 40K for this fight? This is boooooring......." and at the start of every match "how much does HE make? Oh.... well this won't be any good then"

So I'd have to say yes.

Sure, my interest in MM would skyrocket simply because of him getting a bigger check.

45327.gif

The minimum champions get is 250k show money + ppv points, it's pretty good considering most of them aren't draws.
WTF, Joanna and Amanda got:
100k show money + 100k win bonus

Casual fans love to see big money fighters. People are always intrigued with large salaries. That's why there's a forbes list.

What???
Why would anyone care What they make?

I know guys that refuse to watch until they get memos the pay cheques are higher.

Last card one of my friends kept whining "Was that a KO or TKO? And he's only making 40K for this fight? This is boooooring......." and at the start of every match "how much does HE make? Oh.... well this won't be any good then"

So I'd have to say yes.

Do yourself a favor and stop hanging out with complete idiots.

I wouldn't care what their making and most people don't look their salaries up anyway lol.

What does their pay have to do with ratings.
May/Mac both made a killing and I didn't watch that.

Winner take all maybe. Fighter pay has zero impact on enjoyment of the fight. Fighters should get as much as they can because they are the product, not because it improves the show.

The answer to your question is "No."

But go ahead and see if the UFC will add the fighter's pay to the Tale of the Tape.

What this makes no since to me. If conor and nate fought for two dollars, I still would have watch it. It's about skill level and what that person brings the table to make it interesting fighter. Not the level of money they are making.

That like saying I rather watch two leg humpers fight that are boring. they making 6 million, so I rather watch that. Than watch someone like Anderson Silva because he only make 5k.

i don't care how much they make. i'll be watching tommorrow night and if you asked me how much nunes is making for the fight i have no idea.
i don't skip the yankee games cause they have a lot of cheap young players, nor do i base my life around catching every knicks game cause they have a bunch of really highly paid players

I don't think anyone thinks "I was going to buy the PPV, but they aren't getting paid as much so I'm not going to". I think people tend to buy the PPV to watch people fight, not imagine how much money they're making.

This site has some weird sort of financial cuckold fetish recently.

Back