If Tyron and Wonderboy have another DRAW..

Isnt the new scoring system more bias to 10-8 rounds which would make for more draws at the end?

Not to pull a TWood, but why does Wonderboy deserve a rematch? In my eyez it wasn't that close where I had to honestly scratch my head and debate a winner, it was a close fight but I felt Woodley did a little touch more but the draw was no shock.

Why does Woodley deserve to keep the title if he can't defend it?

Not to pull a TWood, but why does Wonderboy deserve a rematch? In my eyez it wasn't that close where I had to honestly scratch my head and debate a winner, it was a close fight but I felt Woodley did a little touch more but the draw was no shock.
Not to bring Tony Ferguson back out of TWood, but why not?

Everybody catches a beating in their life. It builds character. Lol @ your Pops. My prime was the late seventies/early eighties. My Pop was also old school. Those were the days of integration, busing kids from black neighborhoods to white public school districts and vise versa. Most of my buddies parents got a second job to send them to private schools. Lower middle class Irish/Polish neighborhood. Not my Pop. I came home bawling after the first day, and my father spoke the most iconic words anyone has ever spoken to me... He laughed, then got very serious, looked me in the eye and said. "Get tough or die".... I caught a couple of beatings but also earned some street cred. I I fought a lot back in those days. Always over stupid macho stuff. Made me tough though.

Just goes to show you no matter where you in the world we are more a like than different this ^^^ feelz and sound like my era. Black Belt & Ring magazines Bruce Lee & Chuck Norris movies. I once had Children Aide Society show up at my door because a neighbor saw me yelling at my kid, wtf?

Why does Woodley deserve to keep the title if he can't defend it?

Really man? Did WB beat him? So everybody go back with what they came if you had a belt take your belt, if you had nothing then leave with nothing....

pictured: boring

espn_yir_24.jpg

{<huh}

Oh look, it's Maia's entire career highlight vid!!

Wow, 1 rear naked crank/choke. In the running with an arm bar as the most boring sub ever.

Really man? Did WB beat him? So everybody go back with what they came if you had a belt take your belt, if you had nothing then leave with nothing....

It's not about WB beating him, it's about having the ability to promote a champion who's 0 for 1 in defenses.

Logically, I understood how this fight was a draw.
But there are several things about this fight that bother me.
Woodley didn't look like he took any damage.
Thompson looked like he barely knew what was going on.
During the fight, there was never a moment in which I thought Woodley was in danger.
More than half of the fight, Wonderboy looked like a deer in headlights, and was in danger of being finished twice.
I've never seen a draw that definitely didn't deserve a rematch more than Woodley vs Wonderboy I.
UFC wants Wonderboy to be champ. I don't think it's going to happen.

it would be a beautiful symbolism for these trying times that, while backs and whites indeed have their differences, we are equals

If it's a draw they'll have an extra round, no time limit and to the death

During the fight, there was never a moment in which I thought Woodley was in danger.
More than half of the fight, Wonderboy looked like a deer in headlights, and was in danger of being finished twice.
I've never seen a draw that definitely didn't deserve a rematch more than Woodley vs Wonderboy I.
well said

Oh look, it's Maia's entire career highlight vid!!

Wow, 1 rear naked crank/choke. In the running with an arm bar as the most boring sub ever.
Guess what? This is MMA, not kickboxing. If you don't like the sport...why do you follow it?

A whole lot of truth going on in here ^^^ I do like WB I think he's a great martial artist but not really a fighter like to step in your face & chest and chop you down. Woodley will do that or try to grind out for WB to win he needz to be ultra aggressive both fighting at a distance and right in your face but against athletic versatile fighters WB can look rather basic as he did with Woodley.

It's not about WB beating him, it's about having the ability to promote a champion who's 0 for 1 in defenses.

WTF, you talking about? The UFC seems to be promoting the 0 for 1 in defense Champ just fine I'm planning on seeing it. At least TWood can say he put his belt on, not his fault WB wasn't up to taking it.

If they score it a draw after 5 rounds, they should fight for one more round. Like they do on TUF if the fight is even after 2 rounds.

Hell, why not fight until there's a finish. <{JustBleed}>

<Fedor23>

WTF, you talking about? The UFC seems to be promoting the 0 for 1 in defense Champ just fine I'm planning on seeing it. At least TWood can say he put his belt on, not his fault WB wasn't up to taking it.

You're looking at it like I'm a WB fan, when I'm actually just looking at it from the UFC's perspective. If the UFC let Woodley go fight someone else after a draw he would seem like a coward. He's 0-0-1 as a champion, but the only column that matters is that he didn't get a win.

In every championship fight, each fighter is trying to cement his place as the best fighter in the world. Neither fighter did that. Why would you want a champion who can't legitimately say he's the best in the world, and can defeat everyone in his weight class, when history has shown, so far, that isn't true?

New judging criteria favors damage.

If Wonderhype gets his ass kicked again he won't be getting a draw.

Back