Opinion If Trumps friends are all found guilty and go to prison can he pardon them all?

Got a time frame for that prediction?

After he is out of office. He could turn over the nuclear codes to Putin on camera and he wouldn't get removed from office.

Poor Cohen. A three year vacation (he'll serve one year, I reckon) from his wife in one of America's 'top ten cushiest prisons.' They even have kosher meals lol.
Almost every prison has kosher meals.

I'll bet you he serves closer to three years than one.

Here is a logical question that has been bouncing around Conservative intellectual quarters:

If Trump's servitor was found guilty of doing something on Trump's behalf, how can Trump be not guilty?

If the crime is a crime is another question and may point to problems with law and order in the United States.

But the question remains - if the underling is guilty of doing something illegal for the Chief, how does the Chief avoid trouble?
By proclaiming himself to be out of touch and uninvolved with his own job.
"Everyone else was doing wrong things! They were doing them and I didn't know, I didn't approve, I wasn't there, nobody told me anything, my people operate with complete autonomy and I'm always in the dark about things nobody's said to me because I'm uninvolved."

If he's allowed to do that, any corrupt criminal will lie, cheat, and steal his way to the presidency, then pardon everyone who gets busted helping him. What's stopping someone from coercing each electoral college voter via death threats to vote for him?

Isn't it funny how he projects his own issues onto others?
So here we are, right where I predicted we would be on inauguration day.

Everyone knew he was a charlatan, but I wouldn't have guessed he was actually running a crime family.

This is gonna end up a Constitutional crisis, he's most likely going to test the limit of presidential power (great idea giving this asshole so much of it, jerks) and we're going to see which Republicans still have shame.

Isn't it funny how he projects his own issues onto others?
So here we are, right where I predicted we would be on inauguration day.

Everyone knew he was a charlatan, but I wouldn't have guessed he was actually running a crime family.

This is gonna end up a Constitutional crisis, he's most likely going to test the limit of presidential power (great idea giving this asshole so much of it, jerks) and we're going to see which Republicans still have shame.
I think you're setting yourself up for some huuuge disappointment.

I think you're setting yourself up for some huuuge disappointment.
I'm not going to be disappointed if this president can get his ego in check and steer around it, but he thinks "the people would revolt" if he's gotten himself in enough hot water.

It seems, and I might be wrong, but it seems like some folks really feel like Trump should be protected from his own self made problems at any cost.

I'm not going to be disappointed if this president can get his ego in check and steer around it, but he thinks "the people would revolt" if he's gotten himself in enough hot water.

It seems, and I might be wrong, but it seems like some folks really feel like Trump should be protected from his own self made problems at any cost.
I was strictly addressing the bolded part of your comment.

Back