If trump builds the wall?

Obama took over at 6k, how could it not go up?

It was growing under Obama. It's booming under Trump. Again, 2nd faster thousand points in history.

For the record, I'm not your Google, but since it's so easy to find. How about these, responsible for booming energy sector. Also, so far it's been 16/1 on regulations.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...new-one-crushing-2-for-1-goal/article/2629177

MUCH NEEDED REFORM: The past Administration burdened Americans with costly regulations that harmed American jobs and energy production.

• The previous Administration’s Clean Power Plan could cost up to $39 billion a year and increase electricity prices in 41 States by at least ten percent, according to NERA Economic Consulting.
  • The Clean Power Plan would cause coal production to fall by 242 million tons, according to the National Mining Association.
  • 27 states, 24 trade associations, 37 rural electric co-ops, and 3 labor unions are challenging the Clean Power Plan in Federal court.
AMERICAN ENERGY INDEPENDENCE: President Donald J. Trump’s Energy Independence Policy Executive Order reverses the regulations on American jobs and energy production.

• President Trump’s Executive Order directs the Environmental Protection Agency to suspend, revise, or rescind four actions related to the Clean Power Plan that would stifle the American energy industry.
    • President Trump’s Executive Order directs the Attorney General to seek appropriate relief from the courts over pending litigation related to the Clean Power Plan.
  • President Trump’s Executive Order rescinds Executive and Agency actions centered on the previous administration’s climate change agenda that have acted as a road block to energy independence.
    • President Trump’s Executive Order lifts the ban on Federal leasing for coal production.
    • President Trump’s Executive Order lifts job-killing restrictions on the production of oil, natural gas, and shale energy.
  • President Trump’s Executive Order directs all agencies to conduct a review of existing actions that harm domestic energy production and suspend, revise, or rescind actions that are not mandated by law.
    • Within 180 days, agencies must finalize their plans.
  • President Trump’ Executive Order directs agencies to use the best available science and economics in regulatory analysis, which was not utilized by the previous administration.
    • It disbands the Interagency Working Group (IWG) on the Social Cost of Greenhouse Gases.
  • By revisiting the federal overreach on energy regulation, President Trump is returning power to the states – where it belongs.
FREEING AMERICA’S POTENTIAL: President Trump has worked tirelessly to free American industry and ingenuity from the constraints of Government overreach.

• President Trump has signed four pieces of legislation to clear burdensome and costly regulations on energy production from the previous Administration.
  • President Trump has required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated. (16/1 so far)
  • President Trump has directed each agency to establish a Regulatory Reform Task Force to identify costly and unnecessary regulations in need of modification or repeal.
  • President Trump has directed the Department of Commerce to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens on domestic manufacturers.
  • President Trump signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to prevent the burdensome “Stream Protection Rule” from causing further harm to the coal industry.
  • President Trump ordered the review of the “Clean Water Rule: Definition of Waters of the United States,” known as the WOTUS rule, to evaluate whether it is stifling economic growth or job creation.
  • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum and gave a Presidential permit to clear roadblocks to construct the Keystone XL Pipeline.
  • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating the process to complete its construction.

I think you underestimate just how large the US economy is. None of those regulations are going to have the type of impact you're implying (especially not in such a short amount of time).

First and second quartery earnings reports for businesses surpassed expectations.

The stock market has been trending up for years. Trump has been in office for such a short time, the impact of his policies haven't even come to fruition.

Additionally, wages have fallen flat.

hourly-Artboard_1_copy_3.png

Labor participation hasn't gone up either.
participation-Artboard_1_copy_3.png

GDP growth is about average. The boast that 2.6% second quarter is somehow remarkable is false. Predictions from earlier placed it higher, expecting it to rebound from a very low first quarter.

gdp-Artboard_1_copy_3.png

In fact, the economy has grown 2.6 percent or more in 81 of the 145 quarters since Ronald Reagan became president, including 14 times during the Obama administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...conomy/the-economy-under-president-trump.html

The economy is doing well, but it's not doing drastically better than expected.

Just to reiterate;
- stock prices rose because of strong quartery earnings. I'm sure some optimism for tax cuts helped. We'll see how that plays out.
- wages are about the same
- labor force participation hasn't gone up.
- GDP growth is strong after a poor first quarter, but not unprecedented. 81 of the past 145 quarter have seen 2.6% growth or more.
- The global economy as a whole has been on the rise, which has a significant impact on our economy.

We have an economy of almost $20 trillion. None of the regulations Trump slashed can be given credit for the sucess of the economy. I'm sure they didn't hurt, but none are significant enough to provide the positive trends we'really seeing.

I know Trump is your guy, but things have been going well for some time, and unless he completely screws the pooch, will continue to do so for the foreeable future.

Conservatives have wanted a wall for years knowing their taxes would pay for it. Whether it was Trump, Cruz, it didn't matter. National security is a priority of the right.

Seriously, are you new to politics?

So, what he actually said doesn't matter and MExico and the US are identical to you.

Seriously, are you new to politics? Because only someone with no concept of how this works would think that political platforms are supposed to actually represent someone's larger political position. This reads like someone who has no understanding of politics beyond trying to win an election.

Here, let me explain. Candidate X campaigns on accomplishing something specific. People vote because they want that specific thing accomplished. That something specific is what creates the full support for the Candidate. If the Candidate turns around and completely changes important elements of the specific thing then the people who voted for him become a fractured group - some will accept the new thing, some will not. Because we don't live in a dictatorship, Candidate X cannot accomplish anything if his support group fractures - that's why Congress exists.

So when someone says that Country X will pay for something and not the Citizens and then turns around and says that the Citizens will pay for it and not Country X, that will fracture the support group and make it less likely that the specific thing will ever come to pass.

That people pretend that significant changes in the scope of a political promise don't matter is a pretty good sign that those people have no idea how the government actually works. They must think it's some kind of popularity contest and that people don't actually expect follow through from their politicians.

But you didn't answer my larger questions: Is changing Mexico to America what you consider an exaggeration? And the follow up: If he said "Jobs for America" and then changed it to "Jobs for Mexico", you would consider that an acceptable exaggeration?

I think you underestimate just how large the US economy is. None of those regulations are going to have the type of impact you're implying (especially not in such a short amount of time).

First and second quartery earnings reports for businesses surpassed expectations.

The stock market has been trending up for years. Trump has been in office for such a short time, the impact of his policies haven't even come to fruition.

GDP growth is about average. The boast that 2.6% second quarter is somehow remarkable is false. Predictions from earlier placed it higher, expecting it to rebound from a very low first quarter.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...conomy/the-economy-under-president-trump.html

Just to reiterate;
- stock prices rose because of strong quartery earnings. I'm sure some optimism for tax cuts helped. We'll see how that plays out.
- GDP growth is strong after a poor first quarter, but not unprecedented. 81 of the past 145 quarter have seen 2.6% growth or more.
- The global economy as a whole has been on the rise, which has a significant impact on our economy.

We have an economy of almost $20 trillion. None of the regulations Trump slashed can be given credit for the sucess of the economy. I'm sure they didn't hurt, but none are significant enough to provide the positive trends we'really seeing.

I know Trump is your guy, but things have been going well for some time, and unless he completely screws the pooch, will continue to do so for the foreeable future.

Under Trump we had the second fastest rise in the Dow in history.

You can pretend it has nothing to do with him, you can pretend 86 billion dollars in regulations relief doesn't effect the economy, but you're wrong.

Again, under Trump, the second fastest rise in the history of the Dow.

PS, the numbers you cherry picked will take longer to turn around. The Dow is a pretty good indicator of the feelings about the market from investors. Clearly they're optimistic.

So, what he actually said doesn't matter and MExico and the US are identical to you.

Seriously, are you new to politics? Because only someone with no concept of how this works would think that political platforms are supposed to actually represent someone's larger political position. This reads like someone who has no understanding of politics beyond trying to win an election.

Here, let me explain. Candidate X campaigns on accomplishing something specific. People vote because they want that specific thing accomplished. That something specific is what creates the full support for the Candidate. If the Candidate turns around and completely changes important elements of the specific thing then the people who voted for him become a fractured group - some will accept the new thing, some will not. Because we don't live in a dictatorship, Candidate X cannot accomplish anything if his support group fractures - that's why Congress exists.

So when someone says that Country X will pay for something and not the Citizens and then turns around and says that the Citizens will pay for it and not Country X, that will fracture the support group and make it less likely that the specific thing will ever come to pass.

That people pretend that significant changes in the scope of a political promise don't matter is a pretty good sign that those people have no idea how the government actually works. They must think it's some kind of popularity contest and that people don't actually expect follow through from their politicians.

But you didn't answer my larger questions: Is changing Mexico to America what you consider an exaggeration? And the follow up: If he said "Jobs for America" and then changed it to "Jobs for Mexico", you would consider that an acceptable exaggeration?

I don't take the promises of any campaign to heart, neither does anyone with any knowledge of politics.

And if I felt like arguing the point,

A) Trumps sugar deal will end a problem that cost us an estimated 4 billion
B) that is a precursor to the NAFTA renegotiation, wall or no wall, Mexico is going to take a large hit in these negotiations. Ever consider Trump is hanging onto that for leverage? He just stated in front of the Mexican leader, they will absolutely pay.

Will they, I don't care either way. We've already improved trade and it's just starting, and we've already improved national security.

Those are the reasons people voted Trump, and will again in 20.

Under Trump we had the second fastest rise in the Dow in history.

You can pretend it has nothing to do with him, you can pretend 86 billion dollars in regulations relief doesn't effect the economy, but you're wrong.

Again, under Trump, the second fastest rise in the history of the Dow.

PS, the numbers you cherry picked will take longer to turn around. The Dow is a pretty good indicator of the feelings about the market from investors. Clearly they're optimistic.

Where are you coming up with this $86 billion mark? I haven't seen estimates ANYWHERE near that.

Trump took advantage of the obscure Congressional Review Act to repeal 14 rules that had recently been finalized under former President Obama.

Dan Goldbeck, a research analyst for the conservative American Action Forum, called the repeals “historic” and estimated they would produce an annual savings of $1.1 billion.

“After six months in office, most presidents would hope to say they’ve done more than tackle 14 rules. It’s nowhere near the things he’s promised and from our perspective that’s a great thing because those are public protections that need to stay in place.”

Of those 1,509 rules, 99 were significant, meaning they carried an annual economic impact of $100 million or more. Obama in his first six months issued 173 significant rules.

http://thehill.com/regulation/pending-regs/347108-how-trump-is-doing-at-cutting-regs

DH6-sITXgAAWW80.jpg

This was actually the cavs parade in 2016. It's been making the rounds being posted by Trump fans. lol Fake news what?
That's actually liberals pretending to be Trump fans. You know, 1-D checkers and all...

Brinkmanship is not good governance.

And how is he going to shut down Mexico?

Where are you coming up with this $86 billion mark? I haven't seen estimates ANYWHERE near that.

Google

trump cut 86 billion in regulation

There's several results that state that number. It's odd that you're not seeing it if you searched for it, I get 4 that say 86, one that says 60, and the fox mentioned below, on the first page alone...

Curiously there a result from fox that says 181 billion, but I haven't looked at the article.

http://thehill.com/regulation/pending-regs/347108-how-trump-is-doing-at-cutting-regs

Oddly enough you skipped this part...

Of those 1,509 rules, 99 were significant, meaning they carried an annual economic impact of $100 million or more. Obama in his first six months issued 173 significant rules.

Trump is a do nothing bitch.
All he does is shit tweet and play golf. I have never seen someone talk so much shit and actually get nothing done.
That said as with most of what the Snake Oil Salesman sold none of it will get done.
Fucker can not even repeal Obamacare and his party controls the house.

His ass.... Trumptards pull these "alternative facts" out of their ass and then go around circle jerking each other for it

He told me to Google it for a ton of sources. Every website links back to the same conservative website. A large portion of the regulations weren't even put into effect when they were stopped. He prevented them from even being voted on so there's no telling what would have been put through and what impact they would have had, but we're supposed to believe this somehow spurred the already booming economy? Yeah right.

visa overstays arent nearly as concerning as border crossings. These are folks that had money to start with. It's like comparing a wealthy businessman from Hong Kong deciding F'it, I'm staying in america, vs some random from the south with no money, crossing to have a million babies, and burdening the welfare and school systems.

Surely you can see the difference.

Actually a majority of them are here visiting family or overstay work/school visas - that doesn't necessarily mean they have money.

Btw- why is it ok for someone with money to break the law, but not ok for someone who is just looking for a better life for their family?

F'n 'Jose' crossed a dessert to find a job and get away from drug cartels and corrupt govt. He's gonna work his ass off picking fruit or working construction. I'm just as ok with Jose sneaking in as Ming Lo.

Actually a majority of them are here visiting family or overstay work/school visas - that doesn't necessarily mean they have money.

Btw- why is it ok for someone with money to break the law, but not ok for someone who is just looking for a better life for their family?

F'n 'Jose' crossed a dessert to find a job and get away from drug cartels and corrupt govt. He's gonna work his ass off picking fruit or working construction. I'm just as ok with Jose sneaking in as Ming Lo.
You pretend like our current immigration system doesnt enforce these values as is. Why is it infinitely harder for someone from Zimbabwe to get into America illegally. Why are you OK with Jose, but not Akudzwe? It's the silliest spin.

With people that overstay visa's, they either come from friendly countries that have no requirements like australia, sweden, england, ect. or if not, they go through extensive background checks and have to qualify to be monetarily independent. To compare them to the average Jose or Akudzwe is laughable. Of course, money matters, only a child would think otherwise.

Just to reiterate;

you gotta remember pre election, Trumps bar was extremely low. We went from extended recession as predicted by Mark Zandi, to Trump is doing pretty good by the same guy. Chief economist at Moody's.

The expectation was that the economy would bust.

it's funny since I have a day trader in my home, and when bad news about/from Trump comes out, people lose their minds and sell off..... but the avid trader sees that as a golden opportunity and buys on the low, just to have it pop right up......

Back