If there was no trash talk or drama.

If Mma was a just a pure fighting. No shit talk, no drama. Would you still watch? Would you watch less? Would you watch more?
It would be greatly approved by me.
I'm tired of all the bullshit. Trash talk, PED's, duckchamps, ring girls, all of it.
Just fucking bouts with fighters who have earned their spot fighting. Cut all the dead weight and refocus.

Of course! Just look how fun DWTNCS is and its striped down as can be basically.

Yes, I'd watch. The staged drama insults my intelligences. I used to consume as much as they'd put out back in the day but as the legitimacy went away so did my consumption. I miss more cards than I watch, no longer spread the good word of the ufc (never hear anyone talk about it any more outside the bubble) & never bet on fights now.
This is what sells to the casuals & tv executives I guess, but I'm not a teenaged girl & I hate shitty dinner theater.

Of course not. Imagine skipping all fight promo and just watch fights on mute and nothing else, how fucking boring that would be?
I don’t watch the promos. I don’t watch the open workouts, weigh ins, or “road to victory” shows. And yes sometimes I won’t be at the commentary if the commentators are dumbasses

So you only watch fights on mute and skip all promo content? Yeah RIGHT.

Soap opera aka drama isn't any more stupid than men in shorts fighting in a chain-linked cage. Drama is as much a part of our DNA as fighting is. People fight IRL for drama. How do you think WW1 got started? That's right, DRAMA. Serbian hippy Gavrilo blamed some Austro-Hungarian gaylord for taking everything he's worked for and decided to kill his stupid ass. Austria-Hungary got triggered and lashed out with its homies, Serbia says fuck u I ain't no punk, BOOM, WW1. Years later drama queen Adolf Hitler who got SHOOK in WW1 blamed the Jews for taking everything he's worked for motherfucker and decided to beat them into the living death and BOOM, we got WW2. Soap opera is the lifeblood the powers that progress of human history. Only an uneducated fool would call that stupid.
I do not watch the pre-fight Hype at all. I do not watch the weigh ins or the open workouts. The only hypeI see is the commercial kindthat happens during the event, And usually I will just put it on mute and do something else until I actually see the Fighters walk out. And yes sometimes I mute the commentary, depending on who’s doing it. I like the skill and art of fighting. That’s what thrills me. All the rest is just noise.

Yes, but you need a mixture of both to spice things up.

Believe it or not even pro-wrestling has feuds where both guys are respectful and no drama every once in a while too.

I would still watch the but i need that pre fight build up especially if its a rivalry like DC v jones, cody v TJ.

Sure, why not?

Look at the recent Stipe vs DC fight.

BOTH nice guys. Neither guy needed to bad mouth the other.

Just two super high level mixed martial artists testing their skills out to see who is the best.
No drama? What about #exposegate during TUF?

more... i loved PRIDE coz it was zero trash talking and drama and just wicked fights!

some drama gets me excited but if the fighters are good enough and its a good matchup that's all i need... like Fedor v Crocop, no need for trash talk there you knew every muthefuker will tune in and watch!!

I would watch more if there were no drama, and just combat.

It makes the men look like emotional tampons.

all evidence suggests that viewership would go back to pre-TUF numbers.

the fighting isn't enough for most people.

don't be fooled by the vast # of people who say they don't care about the drama. it took a reality show to get most people interested in the sport. those of us who loved the sport pre-tuf couldn't support it. especially once the JMMA fad crashed and burned.

most people today who claim they would watch it anyway would fade away with the drama and shit talking.

and i'm not being insulting. most people who watch most sports aren't hard core fans. most people just want to be entertained. dingers are more exciting than 83mph junk pitching that yields 7 shitty infield singles and 1 run across 7 innings.

fact: a million people didn't buy Evans v Rampage because it was the best fight that year.

Last edited:
I've always watched MMA for the fights. I couldn't care less about the WWE drama...

Yeah I would. Not going to lie though sometimes the drama adds to it for me

Would still watch, but the shit talk makes it more interesting.
Would rather see guys flipping the bird in between rounds rather than a hug fest lulz

The lack of drama is why I watch Muay Thai and Kickboxing over any other combat sports. There is little to no drama and if there is, all the shit is in a different language so I don't know what they're saying anyway. Same goes for commentary, although there are some english speaking commentators that I really like (Michael Schiavello is the GOAT commentator imo). I just want to see the best fight the best. I couldn't care less if one guy walks into the ring/cage feeling emotional or whatever beef they have.

Last edited:
I am here to see the best compete, i get excited that way, seeing fake trash talk isn't interesting, it's like acting but with people that are not actors... When it's real for a real reason why not, eventhough martial arts are about respect

Go back to when Rampage and Wandy feuded and compare that to the staged cringe fest from last Saturday. Lmao

I watch MMA to watch fighting.

Drama is for the casuals.

I personally don't need it. The mates who introduced me to MMA used to fast forward to the fights so didn't see the shit talking or the Pride staging.
I do like the occasional feud if it's genuine or the odd shit talker if they're good at it but it's waaaaaay too overdone and forced these days. Stipe vs DC and Whittaker seemed like a relief.

Back