If there was a draft tomorrow for WWIII, would you show up?

I think a lot of people are misjudging what WW3 would actual mean. Besides the nuclear holocaust.
It doesn't matter if your government is right or wrong or the truth also doesn't matter its just the victory.

The US would win or lose a world war without their homeland being much of a factor. Or if it's attacked or not.
The war would be fought somewhere else probably in Europe/Asia again.

Nuclear holocaust you say......

th

I'm ready

If they would take an elderly 35 year old like me I would go. Otherwise:

I think you underestimate the desire for men to want to test themselves, be involved in shaping history, and the sense of adventure in men. Why do men volunteer for the most dangerous units and missions if not to prove themselves and push the limits of what they are capable of?
I was looking at it from a different angle I suppose, fair point. I think I was looking at it more from a moral standpoint.

Fuck no i aint fighting for trump. I run to mexico or brasil.
When people ask me, what made America great? When was it great?

Its tough to answer those questions but the above post sure touches on it. People like the poster above who live in a great country like this, reap the benefits of living in a free society yet you don't have the balls to stand up and defend your place in the country thats given you opportunity?

Let me ask, what do you guys think you owe your country?

I was looking at it from a different angle I suppose, fair point. I think I was looking at it more from a moral standpoint.
Are you saying that all members of SOF are inherently immoral based on their chosen profession?

Are you saying that all members of SOF are inherently immoral based on their chosen profession?
No, I implied no such thing. Many people opposed to war have fought in wars. I believe most people would prefer a peaceful world but that doesn't mean they won't step up and fight when their country asks them to.

If they would take an elderly 35 year old like me I would go.

each branch of service sets their age restrictions; oldest tight now is the air force at 39 i believe. the draft though is established for ages 18 to 26.
WW3 will be a different war and will probably need a military workforce a little larger and more technical than what we have today.

Lol, no.

Sorry, but anyone who participates in an unjust war is fully complicit. This is why I didn't join the military in the first place (first male in my family not to, and I really could have used the tuition money).

If the United States was directly attacked by an aggressive foreign government, I'd go to war. No other reason.

suppose-they-gave-a-war-and-nobody-came-cinema-quad-movie-poster-%281%29.jpg

Last edited:
Not unless my country (Canada) was attacked directly. I honestly don't give a shit about Syria, let those idiot blow themselves up.

It worked for the President. His foot hurt.

While you may call that draft dodging and think its funny as if you have some high moral ground to pontificate from...medical issues(real or imagined) and deferments are not dodging the draft.

While you may call that draft dodging and think its funny as if you have some high moral ground to pontificate from...medical issues(real or imagined) and deferments are not dodging the draft.

Show me an instance of another silver spooned 20 year old with debilitating heel spurs.

Heel spurs are not typically a condition that young people get.

Show me an instance of another silver spooned 20 year old with debilitating heel spurs.

Heel spurs are not typically a condition that young people get.

Do you have a point beyond he isn't your team so you suddenly give a fuck about service?

When people ask me, what made America great? When was it great?

Its tough to answer those questions but the above post sure touches on it. People like the poster above who live in a great country like this, reap the benefits of living in a free society yet you don't have the balls to stand up and defend your place in the country thats given you opportunity?

Let me ask, what do you guys think you owe your country?

Forcibly removing people from their homes, sending them to camps where their entire day schedule is dictated to them, and then sending them to kill or be killed is tyranny.

I partly voted fprnTrump to stop being world Police. He's actually getting on my nerves..

id show up so long as they restore the rank and pay i had when i got out the first time

just to be fair, over 60 percent of people that are age eligible for military service are disqualified because they arent smart enough, medical conditions, criminal history, drug use history, and/or credit/debt to income ratios. so even if there was a draft, most would not be eligible and of those that are, they will have the money to get them out of a draft

Back