If there was a draft tomorrow for WWIII, would you show up?

Yes. Valhalla needs souls.

We really would be fucked.

The liberal men won't fight especially with Trump as president the whole #notmypresident

And right-leaning people won't probably want to enlist to save the lives of liberals whom they dislike.

Fuck no. Next thing you know you're in some country you can't spell tossing grenades at goat herders. I'm going to let my life of sin and excess take me out, seems like a better time.

If ww3 was really about usa national interest i would join.

I want to join now, idk what syrian pipelines have to do with protecting my family though.

North korean war would push me over the edge on joining probably. I mean there are actual wmds now, and an actutal dictator.

But we seem to only go after fake dictators and fake wmds lol.

wu4hfz6-jpg.132501

most of you would be Fobbits even in a draft scenario, you realize that right?

think Oppem from SPR, but not being added to that mission. Just typing shit from the confines of base

Depends on the circumstances; if america was attacked in some serious way--I'd be there.

I can't see how we could have another world war at this point with nuclear weapons on hand. The world is forced to do that bullshit now through proxy wars in places like Syria. If there was a legit world war again, I'd be pissed because we'd all be dead soon and there seemed to be a lot of hope for humanity to get more and more peaceful up to this point

When I did my mandatory military I was a Panzergrenadier in Germany. Basically the modern day Landser just an expendable Front soldier.
I am old now not sure they would draft me again. I sure hope it wouldn't be as a Panzergrenadier again because that stuff would be over very quick.
Translated that word means "attacking a tank with a grenade". While you are not in a tank.

But if its WW3 there would really be no option. Specially not when it would be a real WW3 scenario with time for Germany to re-arm etc.
It might go back to the old Prussian tradition of joining or being executed on site for cowardliness.

Yes. I owe everything I have to this country.

I would certainly take any orders that were given but due to many circumstances i would probably be passed over for a combat role
-mid thirties
-married with small children
-poor eyesight
-college educated

Not overseas. If it were in America id be part of the militia.

I had this discussion at work, and some jimmies got rustled, so it seemed like a good WR topic.

Simple question. Proxy war in Syria escalates, traditional lines are drawn. Bric nations vs EU, US.

Draft is reinstated.

Do you show up?

Me personally, my answer is fuck no.

Not because I am a coward, but because I refuse to go fight for a government that is not of the people, by the people, and for the people. You will never find me spilling blood for oligarch interests in the south China sea, ukraine, or Syria.

If you wouldn't, why?

If you would, why?

Discuss.........

No, I see no reason to fight in any war on foreign soil.

I would like to know what you mean by a govt that isn't of, for, and by the people??

I noticed in another post you said our govt wasn't legit.

most of you would be Fobbits even in a draft scenario, you realize that right?

think Oppem from SPR, but not being added to that mission. Just typing shit from the confines of base
Meh....

Have an annoying suspicion my ability to type and paralegal certificate would have me carted of to some JAG office writing up drunken idiots.

We really would be fucked.

The liberal men won't fight especially with Trump as president the whole #notmypresident

And right-leaning people won't probably want to enlist to save the lives of liberals whom they dislike.

I guess you don't know what a draft is.

I would certainly take any orders that were given but due to many circumstances i would probably be passed over for a combat role
-mid thirties
-married with small children
-poor eyesight
-college educated

None of that matters in year 3.

By the end of the war the Nazi's conscription age range was 17-61.

They won't fight successfully is what I am saying. Hard to be effective when you have people who don't want to be there at all and will try and flee.

I think you overestimate the willingness of the average man to participate in major combat operations.

Probably not. I deployed once, and I'm not doing that again without good reason. And yeah, I knew people who made 4 deployments or more; I expect most Americans have a friend or loved one who has deployed more than once by this point. My deployment was also relatively comfortable compared to an MOS like 11B, so I'm not claiming that I've done my fair share or anything like that. But I'm also not above making it difficult to get me back out there.

Back