If there was a draft tomorrow for WWIII, would you show up?

Yeah, sure. Im a 1-c since im a veteran, so pretty unlikely to get drafted at all.

I would also say i am a conscientious objector, not that it would probably matter. I was an EM2 in the navy, so thats probably right where id be going again.

So yeah, id show up.

I'm foreign and not a true American according to @22k.

To be honest though I wouldn't. In fact I would root for the rich histories and beautiful people that inhabit China and Russia and the 3rd world.

I suppose that makes me anti American but I don't care. Would be a nightmare foe the entire world to be American zed and soulless under a tyrannical oligarchy capitalist state.

In any case I am tired of America's hating on China and Russia and all the smaller nations we bully.

And what are these people going to fight their resistance with? Fucking dildos?

A huge chunk of the people doing the "RESIST TRUMP" shtick I know (at least personally) are the same people telling me I shouldn't have an AR-15 to protect myself from a tyrannical government because I'm paranoid.

When I talk illegitimate government, I don't just mean trump. I am a economic progressive, social libertarian. The establishment left vs establishment right is the illusion of choice.

I had this discussion at work, and some jimmies got rustled, so it seemed like a good WR topic.

Simple question. Proxy war in Syria escalates, traditional lines are drawn. Bric nations vs EU, US.

Draft is reinstated.

Do you show up?

Me personally, my answer is fuck no.

Not because I am a coward, but because I refuse to go fight for a government that is not of the people, by the people, and for the people. You will never find me spilling blood for oligarch interests in the south China sea, ukraine, or Syria.

If you wouldn't, why?

If you would, why?

Discuss.........
WWIII? No need for a draft. WWIII = nuclear annihilation

I had this discussion at work, and some jimmies got rustled, so it seemed like a good WR topic.

I bet lots of people were pissed they had to wait an extra five seconds for you to make them a happy meal.

Not on a neutral battlefield, at least not guranteed.
Sooner or later something tips the scales and one side starts getting desperate. I certainly wouldn't count on having a third world war without nuclear warfare.

Only if Trump's sons do as well.

Simple question. Proxy war in Syria escalates, traditional lines are drawn. Bric nations vs EU, US.

Draft is reinstated.

Do you show up?

Me personally, my answer is fuck no.

Not because I am a coward, but because I refuse to go fight for a government that is not of the people, by the people, and for the people. You will never find me spilling blood for oligarch interests in the south China sea, ukraine, or Syria.

If you wouldn't, why?

If you would, why?

Discuss.........

i was thinking about this last night lol.

in ww1 and 2, our government almost had a monopoly on the information that people received. especially people living in rural areas. it allowed them to drum up lots of support for the war effort.

that is not the case today lol. a lot of people will considering something bs automatically, simply because it came from govt. sources. even if we NEEDED to fight in ww3, im not sure we could drum up support today, unless we were attacked and invaded, which would not happen.

i would not join, in the OP scenario because of M.A.D. i would sit back and wait to be blasted by nukes. my contribution to some gunfight wouldnt matter.

my IRR time finished in January, and i work as a civilian for the USMC now anyway so I don't even think they could call me

but if they did? yes i'd go. i'd be all about that CZTE, IDP or HFP and i've already spent 11 months in Afghanistan.

Plus i literally live at the Marine's Desert training center, so not like the environment would be much of a shock haha

World War in the thermonuclear age? I'd find somewhere nice to chill and toast the end of civilization. Not going to waste the last days fighting.

If nukes are being dropped in Syria or Seoul than I wouldn't enlist.

If Canada, America, Europe, or Australia was seriously attacked I would enlist in a second.

Bric? Really? I really doubt either India or Brazil would want any part in a war against either Europe or the US.

i was thinking about this last night lol.

in ww1 and 2, our government almost had a monopoly on the information that people received. especially people living in rural areas. it allowed them to drum up lots of support for the war effort.

that is not the case today lol. a lot of people will considering something bs automatically, simply because it came from govt. sources. even if we NEEDED to fight in ww3, im not sure we could drum up support today, unless we were attacked and invaded, which would not happen.

i would not join, in the OP scenario because of M.A.D. i would sit back and wait to be blasted by nukes. my contribution to some gunfight wouldnt matter.

I wonder who else has figured this out, and if it has had any effect in a realpolitik sense.

It has been my lifelong dream to die as cannon fodder for the global elite

I wouldn't wait for the draft. I would have volunteered long before then. I didn't wait for my country to make demands of me during the last wars, so why would I cowardly try to shirk my civic duties during the next one?

I like all the entitlements without the responsibility.

^
Voice of this generation.

Back