If there was a draft tomorrow for WWIII, would you show up?

Fair is for the weak - Learn to overcome your inner bitch (From an old Ranger friend)

Ranger school is a 61+ day combat leadership course in the U.S. Army oriented towards small-unit tactics. The training is broken up into three phases: Fort Benning Phase (Assessment and Patrolling), Mountain Phase, and Florida Phase (Swamp). No weekends off like SEAL or Marine BRC schools. 60% will not graduate. You will loose around 30 pounds.

It’s grueling. It sucks, sleep deprivation, starvation, exposure to the elements. Ranger Instructors, or RI’s, impose a significant amount of mental stress throughout Ranger school. Is your patrol going according to plan, are you moving quickly towards your objective according to schedule? The RI’s will throw artillery simulators and assess casualties to evaluate your casevac procedures. Or they’ll tell you that you can’t use your primary route. Are you in charge, and one of your guys lost a map? You just failed your patrol. Sucks to suck.

Fair at Ranger school is often a laughable concept. The course is deliberately constructed so everything is against you: The rain, your eighty-pound pack, your sleep deprived buddies who keep wandering off on the march, the unreasonable time hacks, that one dick instructor, your stupid decades-old weapon that keeps jamming. Tough shit, suck it up and overcome.

That kind of thing is why fairness was invented by men. But you don’t hear this dude complain about it. He sucks it up and drives on. Everyone at Ranger school has a little pity party for themselves at some point but it’s only the bitches who cry and whine about how things aren’t fair. You don’t hear too much of that by swamp phase, those guys either got weeded out or they’ve overcome their inner bitch to become valued members of the platoon. Circumstances in your life will never be perfect, and you will never get the “fair” evaluation you think you deserve, so figure out how to overcome limitations and perform against all odds. Cheers...

<NoneOfMy>

Last edited:
sure, i got nothing better to do. i tried to join the marines at 20 but was refused due to criminal record.

I would show up because someone has to go defend the TS's right to be a pussy.

I would take arms to defend American soil against a foreign invader.

Fuck no!
The wars we're in now are "for profit" bullshit wars.
WW3 had a much higher chance of happening during the cold war.
But then again, it seems like the world was more stabilized when the Soviets were around compared to today.

I would think: What would Donald Trump do, and do whatever it is he did during Vietnam.

fuck the politicians and their bullshit reasons for war
there is no place for wars in 21st

if one of moronic politicians wants me to go die in some shithole on the other side of the planet, then he can do so himself.

Ahhh, and you hit the nail on the head.

If we fight WWIII, it won't be in defence of the mother land. In modern history, we have been attacked twice, and no one has ever even made a serious attempt at occupying US territory.

Which begs the question, what are we fighting for if not oligarch interests?

When did American interests become code word for oligarch interests?

When did our Department of Defense, become the Department of Offense.

During the years after WW2 nearly destroyed everything and the Soviet Union was promoting communism across the globe to strong arm the United States. If you look at military history of the last 50 years, pretty much everything is a result of Communist Russia/Capitalist America trying to get global power for security. I can't think of any large conflict we've been involved in that wasn't directly related to that. Even the Global War on Terror has been about proxy conflict going back decades.

None of that matters in year 3.

By the end of the war the Nazi's conscription age range was 17-61.

I was sitting next to an old German guy in a pharmacy and he was telling me they were just basically grabbing kids off the street at the end, giving them a gun, and shoving them towards the nearest Allied base. One of the saddest things I can imagine.

I had this discussion at work, and some jimmies got rustled, so it seemed like a good WR topic.

Simple question. Proxy war in Syria escalates, traditional lines are drawn. Bric nations vs EU, US.

Draft is reinstated.

Do you show up?

Me personally, my answer is fuck no.

Not because I am a coward, but because I refuse to go fight for a government that is not of the people, by the people, and for the people. You will never find me spilling blood for oligarch interests in the south China sea, ukraine, or Syria.

If you wouldn't, why?

If you would, why?

Discuss.........
I'd put it all on the line to stop trump and putin.

During the years after WW2 nearly destroyed everything and the Soviet Union was promoting communism across the globe to strong arm the United States. If you look at military history of the last 50 years, pretty much everything is a result of Communist Russia/Capitalist America trying to get global power for security. I can't think of any large conflict we've been involved in that wasn't directly related to that. Even the Global War on Terror has been about proxy conflict going back decades.

Global power for security huh..........

Sounds like a fairy tale, or a ghost story.

I had this discussion at work, and some jimmies got rustled, so it seemed like a good WR topic.

Simple question. Proxy war in Syria escalates, traditional lines are drawn. Bric nations vs EU, US.

Draft is reinstated.

Do you show up?

Me personally, my answer is fuck no.

Not because I am a coward, but because I refuse to go fight for a government that is not of the people, by the people, and for the people. You will never find me spilling blood for oligarch interests in the south China sea, ukraine, or Syria.

If you wouldn't, why?

If you would, why?

Discuss.........

id fight for the country not for fucking trump.

Also if your reffering to china? We wouldnt invade the mainland, we'd probably bomb the interior and blockade

I don't think WW3 is going to last very long. I don't think a draft would be needed.

Global power for security huh..........

Sounds like a fairy tale, or a ghost story.

Sounds like a reality in the world we lived through. Unless every person in the world who lived through it is involved in the conspiracy too? The last several wars were all fought over the spread of communism which was seen as a threat to capitalism. That's why the WW2 alliance with Russia is seen as the deal with the devil. That's why Communist China fought against us in Korea. It's why we went to bat for south Vietnam. It's why we funded the Muj in Afghanistan in the 90s.

id fight for the country not for fucking trump.

Also if your reffering to china? We wouldnt invade the mainland, we'd probably bomb the interior and blockade

See this gives a good example of how grey things would most likely be. So let's say we bomb military sites in the south China sea, and China responds by hitting Hawaii and Japanese us military bases.

Would you call that the US being attacked?

Back