If the rumors are true, Gastelum will knock Chris out in their upcoming fight.

actually, since I'm willing to bet on gastelum, I will tag here the biggest weidman fan on sherdog @Zarra

Comes down to Weidman's cardio...which looked bad vs Moose. Unusually bad, so it's tough to gauge. Since they both come forward it'll lead to clinching where Weidman's size will help him, he'll get Gastelum down, and has a big edge in grappling once he gets on top. But he needs cardio to keep it up, and Kelvin's less questionable in a longer fight. Good match-up, if Kelvin stays at MW.

This is a bad matchup for Chris.

Chris Weidman
Johny Hendricks
Anthony Pettis

Really bizarre how quickly they fell.

I love threads like this. Sherdoggers used to think Chris was going to be the MW GOAT. Now he's a has been, never was, nobody.

Imo Chris was that good against Silva and the older fights.
I had him as a favourite against Silva because of how impressive he looked.
He had timing, clear control of what was happening. Crisp boxing with great takedowns and top control and a creative stand up.

He lost more than a step since and looks completely different.
I dont want to start again but imo USADA is responsible for that because it started against Rockhold. He looked like shit physically compared to the fights before.

And then the brutal beating he got from Rockhold and Romero. Romero alone let him age a lot.

Chris imo really needs to take time off. Heal out completely and then look were he stands.

I love threads like this. Sherdoggers used to think Chris was going to be the MW GOAT. Now he's a has been, never was, nobody.

You sound like a hater, he's already cemented himself as one of the best MW's in UFC history. More title defences than anyone not named Silva.

Why not take tune up fights? Same money for easy wins lol

Lol typical Sherdog, you're only as good as your last fight.

His team are letting him down. Why not just take 1 tune up fight to get some momentum back.

His team are letting him down. Why not just take 1 tune up fight to get some momentum back.

How far down the ladder is he supposed to go looking for a fight and still remain a contender?

If Chris pulls this out he's still in the mix. If not... well, it's hard to see where he goes after another loss.

if i was chris,id have a serious word with the booker. did chris fuck his girlfriend or something?

I used to share this sentiment but after the Chris's antics in his last fight i'd be more that happy to see him take another loss.

You sound like a hater, he's already cemented himself as one of the best MW's in UFC history. More title defences than anyone not named Silva.

I am indeed a hater, first to admit it. I hate that Weidman knocked out, then broke my favorite fighters leg. I hate that people discount everything Silva did. It's not his fault that he was that much better than the entire division. I honestly don't think, even in his prime, he could walk through the murderers row that is today's MW Division, but it sure as hell would be fun to watch.

Back