If the 30% purse cut is not enough to make fighters take weight cuts seriously

What about if they have the right to remove a testicle if you miss weight?

I say if its more than a pound just cancel the fight

No rebooking either. Potentially drop a few spots from the rankings.

If you cant make the weight you dont deserve to be ranked in that class

Pulling out less than 2 weeks before should be the same penalty

Next people are going to start putting hot sauce and tiger balm on their gloves. Where does it end? I remember in the 1986 International Kumite Chong Li threw some blinding powder into Frank Dux's face and the refs just pretended it didn't happen. The sport has come a long way, the UFC can do better.

Last edited:
You do realize that MMA is a job for the fighters and they are in it for the money right?

"The only downside" ... Like really
I seriously think they see it as an investment, losing because of a bad weight cut and they would make less money and a loss, than getting the win and pay the fine, also, a win is an "investment" for future income/rankings, Romero missed weight, he is still fighting For the title because he won the fight...The only way to fix this is cancel the fight, force to move up for their next fight, no exceptions, no title shots off wins where they missed weight, there are a few good options, 30% is actually a small downside to the benefits of a good win.

Next people are going to start putting hot sauce and tiger balm on their gloves. Where does it end? I remember in the 1986 Internation Kumite Chong Li threw some blinding powder into Frank Dux's face and the refs just pretended it didn't happen. The sport has come a long way, the UFC can do better.

Chong Li never pissed hot.

If they win it should be a NC but if they lose then it should stay a lose.

Chong Li never pissed hot.

The Kumite doesn't drug test, they're not part of USADA program. Hell when the Kumite was in Thailand Kurt Sloane fought Tong Po with special rules, their gloves were dipped in glass shards. I don't think they care about US Athletic Commission rules, sadly the UFC is starting to go that route as well. What's next you have Cain Velasquez fighting Mighty Mouse for the Fleaweight title? Francis Ngannou with a bad wig fighting Rose Namajumas for the straw weight title? Both show up 150lbs over weight but still and only lose a measly 30% paycut for what is essentially a walk in the park.

they should be held to CSAC rules and if they miss weight they must move up ...you also cannot lose more than 10% water weight otherwise you must move up ..

they cant make you go up just advise that they should.

Maybe something like...

Miss 1-2 pounds - Fight purse fine

Miss by 3lbs or more - One point deduction

Miss 1-2 pounds 3 times or 3lbs or more twice - Forced to move up weightclass

Then why not increase the amount until fighters miss weight considerably less?

This whole situation reminds me of UFC refs allowing fighters to make illegal moves 3-4 times in a fight before they finally consider taking away point. So basically every fighter has a couple free shots at illegal maneuvers that might change the direction of the fight

If they want results, they need to consider being more harsh with their punishments
Make it 30% per pound.
And weigh in just before the fight.

You miss the weight by 3 pounds - you get 10%.
Miss by 4 - fight for free.
Don't agree? Cut.

Back