If that Gary tonin fight impressed you

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
then you must really not know what a easy win is.

That guy was old.
Smaller
And had no real tools.

Great first victory for Gary but we really didn’t see anything

He damn near knocked his head off with a single punch

He was 0-0 going into it. Hard to know what level he's at until you see him fight.

He fought somebody who probably wasn’t even good enough to do mma to begin with. Let’s be honest and call it what it was

I foresee a sudden derailment in the nearest future.

Everyone knew this was a gimme fight going in. Still excited to see where his mma career goes

Build people up man, an 0-0 MMA fighter should be fighting equals or less, let’s build him up and then get him some good fights.

Making the walk for the first time is a big deal, especially in a foreign country. Plus you know if he lost dillon danis and other people he beat in bjj would be talking shit

What do you expect for a guy's debut fight?

This!!

Nobody going in is going to get a top fighter with a huge winning record for their first bout. Not only would it be stupid for the promotion and fighters career but no commission would ever allow it.

Gary has been and is working with some great fighters and coaches. Obviously has a very good ability to learn and be coached. He's still very young and an absolute BJJ beast. For those that are writing him off already.... A weee bit premature.

This guy could be a MMA star in a few years. Needs time to learn and grow. Don't rush it

The opponent wasn't high quality but already had 7 fights. Tonon was damn impressive. Decent standup, amazing gnp.

then you must really not know what a easy win is.

That guy was old.
Smaller
And had no real tools.

Great first victory for Gary but we really didn’t see anything
Let's be fair, you think Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz is the best fight you've ever seen so should we really believe what you think is and isn't impressive?

Let's be fair, you think Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz is the best fight you've ever seen so should we really believe what you think is and isn't impressive?
When have I ever said that’s the best fight? Stop lying boy

When have I ever said that’s the best fight? Stop lying boy
Unfortunately I can't find the thread YOU made saying it was the best fight you had ever seen. Here is what you had to say about it though.

Amazing fight.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-183-anderson-silva-vs-nick-diaz-pbp-discussion.2926861/page-61

Trust me when I say I'm not lying that you made a thread, only reason why I remember is because you are one of the more insane posters who post weird shit most of the time. No lies on my part.

his striking level was surprisingly good for a guy who trains for a couple of month, and he use GnP wisely.. so yeap impressive

Obviously not the best fighter in the world, but he had a 4-2 record and won all 4 of his fights by ko/tko. It was a good test for his first fight and he looked good everywhere in that fight.

Obviously not the best fighter in the world, but he had a 4-2 record and won all 4 of his fights by ko/tko. It was a good test for his first fight and he looked good everywhere in that fight.
How was his punching? I did not get to see the fight.

How was his punching? I did not get to see the fight.
It was better than his kicking, let's just say that lol. He knocked the guy down in the first round though and made him do a 180 degree turn and fall to the ground.

If you wanna watch it skip to 1 hour and 52 minutes on this video.

Back