If Stipe beats Ngannou, does that cement his legacy as the UFC HW GOAT?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What´s your opinion about this? If he beats Ngannou, is Stipe UFC HW GOAT?

A lot of people believe that a healthy Cain Velasquez is still the best UFC HW fighter we've seen.

Stipe has 3 title fights and 3 victories. He´s going for his 3rd consecutive defense: his wins are over Werdum, Reem, JDS.

Velasquez has 4 title wins in a total of 6 title fights. He too has 2 conseutive defenses: his wins are over Lesnar, JDS 2x, Bigfoot.

A lot of people believe that a healthy Cain Velasquez is still the best UFC HW fighter we've seen.

Stipe has 3 title fights and 3 victories. He´s going for his 3rd consecutive defense: his wins are over Werdum, Reem, JDS.

Velasquez has 4 title wins in a total of 6 title fights. He too has 2 conseutive defenses: his wins are over Lesnar, JDS 2x, Bigfoot.

I think that Stipe needs to beat a healthy Cain before he is the GOAT.

Prime Velasquez is the most terrifying fighter evah.

But the injuries ruined his GOAT status.

Yes Miocic would be the HW GOAT,

Fedor ducked Overeem for years,
Fedor never beat anyone like Werdum & JDS

I think that Stipe needs to beat a healthy Cain before he is the GOAT.

Healthy Cain is a myth. Being healthy enough to fight is the absolute most basic requirement of being a fighter. He hasn't been capable of fighting for the last half decade, there really isn't much to talk about.

Stipe is already well ahead of Cain's accomplishments, and he summarily knocked out Werdum, who pieced up, dismantled and tapped out Cain.

Hunt
Arlovski
Werdum
Overeem
Dos Santos

All in a row, all stoppages. That is the most impressive thing any UFC heavyweight has ever done. His win streak would be at 9 if not for a controversial decision loss to Dos Santos.

Heavyweight is paper thin, and we're still shuffling around old farts, but Stipe is most definitely the best we've got and the only guy who could consistently fight and win.

Yes, in my opinion.

If he beats Cain, too, then he's the undisputed best MMA HW in history of this new sport.

I agree with most of this, but Prime Crocop > JDS imo

Healthy Cain is a myth. Being healthy enough to fight is the absolute most basic requirement of being a fighter. He hasn't been capable of fighting for the last half decade, there really isn't much to talk about.

Stipe is already well ahead of Cain's accomplishments, and he summarily knocked out Werdum, who pieced up, dismantled and tapped out Cain.

Hunt
Arlovski
Werdum
Overeem
Dos Santos

All in a row, all stoppages. That is the most impressive thing any UFC heavyweight has ever done. His win streak would be at 9 if not for a controversial decision loss to Dos Santos.

Heavyweight is paper thin, and we're still shuffling around old farts, but Stipe is most definitely the best we've got and the only guy who could consistently fight and win.
<GinJuice>

no. Beating Ngannou will just point out Francis was just another hard hitter with KO's over two guys out of their prime on his resume. Ngannou either continues as the real deal by winning, or his hype train gets derailed which earns Stipe points but not GOAT points

Yes it does. Too bad he couldn't have fought Cain when Cain was health (around when he fought Brock etc). That would have been fun.

Personally I think his reign needs to be a lot longer as champ to be in with a chance of that.

He's been champ what, 18 months or so? A little longer?

Not taking away anything from his wins, but the last 5 guys he beat are basically him clearing out the old guard. With the Francis fight coming up he is only now facing fighters who can still be considered in or near their prime. Give him two more years of fighting killers and I'll be down

Fedor beat Big Nog and Cro Cop in PRIDE, they were the Werdum and JDS of that generation.

I think it does. Consider also how he did it. Lot of KO's in the 1st.

Guyz like Cain & Randy etc... are in the convo... but Stipe will step out front with this win.

To answer the question - yes.

Defending the UFC belt 3+ times is a huge accomplishment, especially in this day and age.

Back