If Skyrim needed a HD Remastering, Oblivion deserves it too !

Quinton Overeem

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If not more. Alright sherbros, like many here I'm a Skyrim lover (hundreds of hours on xbox 360). I own a PS4 and didn't buy the HD version because I don't care about the same story, dialogues etc..

I decided to buy Oblivion on 360. Great story but daaaamn, game looks old. The orange-ish lightning filter is weird. The faces are ugly as hell, It's hard to like what I'm looking at as I used to love every sight and sounds in Skyrim.

The game, Bethesda, and so many gamers, could benefit from this.

So, will they let this game die in Oblivion with ugly early 360/PS3 graphics, or will they allow it to become even more legendary?

upload_2017-5-9_7-7-47.jpeg

VccxzA.jpg

812.jpg

An Oblivion thread?!?!? IN
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

I would legit cry if they Remastered Oblivion, but I don't see it happening, which sucks since the only games I've really played since Skyrim came out in 2011 was Gears of war 4, Fallout 4, and the Witcher III. I love open world games, but not many great ones have or are going to be coming out. I'm pretty much stuck waiting for elder scrolls VI

Last edited:
the whole ideal of repackaging oldass games with "HD remastered" is fucking fuck'd I understand them doing it with Dark Souls 2 and the Last of Us but older ps2 / 3 and XBox / 360 games just to get extra money fuck that. Plus isn't ESO going to be releasing a Oblivion DLC pretty soon?

Couldn't Oblivion be so old they couldn't and they'd basically have to start from scratch?

I've never gone full PC Master Race, more like a demi god, but yeah PC and console versions of the Elder Scrolls just don't compare. It's like an entirely new game.

Not just the graphics mods, but the sound mods were great for Skyrim. I'd just hook my PC up to the UHD TV and it was gaming heaven.

I'd be happy with it. I've never played oblivion.

Who gives a shit if you play it on console or PC... it's Bethesda, and it's full of bugs regardless of what you play it on or if it's been remastered.

why not make a brand new oblivion game instead?...

Elder Scrolls VI... coming to you in 2020 lol

exactly so why go backwards when you can go forward?... :/

now if they update Oblivion and add more quests/items/new fighting moves/new spells, maybe additional content (like a DLC) along with better graphics then that would peak my interest...

Oblivion > Skyrim. The guild quests were better and the setting had some intangible charm that I found lacking in Skyrim.

I wish Bethesda could figure out how to do fp melee combat well. That's the only reason I put 100 hours in and never finish these games. Nothing has weight and the feedback is non-existent. I want visceral and brutal combat. Something like the weight and grit of For Honor but in a first person perspective.

I've never gone full PC Master Race, more like a demi god, but yeah PC and console versions of the Elder Scrolls just don't compare. It's like an entirely new game.

Not just the graphics mods, but the sound mods were great for Skyrim. I'd just hook my PC up to the UHD TV and it was gaming heaven.
Yeah, I dabble in pacifism, too.

Not in Nam, of course.
I'd be happy with it. I've never played oblivion.

Who gives a shit if you play it on console or PC... it's Bethesda, and it's full of bugs regardless of what you play it on or if it's been remastered.
The point is that if you play it on PC you already got an effective HD Remaster with the Extreme Graphics Overhaul. The games with the largest PC communities just aren't worth buying on consoles because of how massive the modding communities become on them.

Also, playing a lot of games just suck balls on controllers. With PCs at least you have the choice. I understand if console gamers don't want to contend with KB+M players on competitive multiplayer FPS games for PC using a controller, since PC versions of the game don't care about your input and most don't have devoted aim-assist servers to overcome the severe DPI mapping inferiority of the controller, but for single player games there is no holdup, and often there is an aim-assist setting available for single player games. So if console only offers one experience and PC offers two, then why play it on console? The only acceptable answer is that you don't own a PC that can run it. That's fine. It doesn't justify the purchase of a gaming PC, but it's worth considering.

The thing that usually ends up pissing me off is that the PC versions are often developed as an afterthought to the console versions, and despite that you can map an nearly infinite number of hotkeys on PC, you end up not being able to execute combat in real-time because it forces "freezing" of gameplay to help console players along on their gimped 16-18 max hotkey controllers.

I've beat the last three installments on both systems (although I couldn't finish my power playthrough on the original Xbox with Morrowind...it got to a point where the gamefile just crashed no matter what I did). The Elder Scrolls is a vastly, vastly superior experience on PC. It's not even close.

Personally, I think "Remasters" of old franchises like this should be expected with new services like PSNow. Sony is porting all the old PS, PS2, & PS3 games to this subscription-based service that will let PS4 & PC players alike stream the games so long as you have a subscription. Great service. We all win.

Streaming and cloud-ownership aren't perfect, but who wants to buy a game all over again? No, the least they can do if they're already going to the trouble of porting these games from outdated consoles on incompatible architecture is to remaster them while they do it. If they want to sell subscriptions, then taking the time to offer "Remasters" could be their grand selling point: similar to how AAA exclusives like Breath of the Wild, Uncharted, and Halo/Titanfall sell console systems themselves.

Last edited:
The most impressive mods are from the SureAI team. They've essentially created expansion packs for Oblivion and Skyrim with full voice acting, a whole new world, and tons of other new features.

There's a group making a mod of oblivion using the skyrim engine. I think it's called skyblivion. Looks pretty cool, but I don't think we'll see it any time soon.

No, just no.

Bethesda has been shitting the bed for the past 5+ years and the last thing they need to do is be rewarded for re-releasing another game.

They've been fucking their games up since Skyrim and that smamefur dispray that was FO4. They need to be working on a new engine when you sell literally billions of dollars in revenue instead of modifying that dusty ass engine they've been using since morrowind.

They are living off of reputation right now and shit like this just re-enforces that.

no fucking off with skyrim already. They've made so many "remakes" an have been shoving that down our throat for years now.

no fucking off with skyrim already. They've made so many "remakes" an have been shoving that down our throat for years now.
{<huh} Someone asking for a skyrim remake here? (old ass) Oblivion remastered already exists? What do you mean ?

Let me add something : We need a Morrowind remake too (not just remastered) !

{<huh} Someone asking for a skyrim remake here? (old ass) Oblivion remastered already exists? What do you mean ?

Let me add something : We need a Morrowind remake too (not just remastered) !

ok ok that ill let slide but as for skyrim...god damn i'm sick of that game

Obilivion would be welcome and same with morrowind, but they need to use a real Graphics engine since the one they use is trash.

personally id like to do

LLhBIkB.png

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Pyandonea

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Aldmeris
they need to do games here

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Akavir_(Continent)

^ or introduce the other continent

Oblivion was awful, I mean even Skyrim is a dumbed down shit rpg but Oblivion was even worse than Skyrim. Morrowind was their last semi-decent game, the combat was still atrocious but at least the world building and setting were cool. Anyway, bethesda is like the fast-food of rpg games, it's one of the few companies I truly despise, they are cashing in on mediocrity.

Last edited:
Back