If Shogun loses this next fight...

What impact does that have on the 205lb weight class and the title situation?
Well it really changes nothing for shogun. I don't feel his 3 fight win streak is super exciting. I'm not taking anything away from him but at this time in his career idk if a title run is possible given the competition in that division. But smith jumps into the rankings...maybe even a top 10

Volkan is injured. Broken nose. Gustafsson is currently without a fight. I think Rountree called him out, I'd like to see him take that.

Hadn't heard that.

Just looked it up, and Khalil Rountree has apparently put his name in as a possible replacement.

It will mean DC stops entertaining a LHW title defense and will talk about nothing but a Brock fight from now on.

Ufc is not going to let dc fight anyone before Brock

TBH, I'm not sure. Gus seems like the most logical choice, but DC already beat him. I wouldn't call Volkan a nobody, but Cormier just smoked him like a ham in his last fight.

Who's ranked #3 in LHW right now? Glover? Yeah, that's a gimme for DC as far as I'm concerned.

They really need some new blood at LHW.
DC ain't goin back down.

All about dat cake and chicken

It doesn't matter now. Shogun has earned his legendary status and these no-namers can't take that away even by beating him.

i think Smith has a real shot to win.

Thou i think if Shogun is feeling good and athletic and his knees feel strong and stable. a single leg to the post leg after a vicious leg kick. a quick transition to some GnP then a fast submission i think would be the smartest strategy.

dont test gas tanks and dont let Anthony establish his jab.

Shogun is the last member of Chutebox i respect.

Havnt always cheered for him but if im putting together a top 10 all time list. he is on it 100%.

and if he could pull off another hiplock id squeal like a little girl.

3 fights since 2014. 3. And LOL, who cares. Look who he's beat:

A washed up Lil Nog

Corey Anderson (who?)

Gian Villante (?)

Keep in mind, that's over the course of the last 3 years. It's not like he beat those guys in the last 1.5 years or less. On top of that, he beat Corey Anderson via split decision.

Spin it whatever way you want to, but you have to do some serious mental gymnastics to think that that win streak in any way, shape or form should get you a title shot.

U know highly touted Glover Texiera is fighting Corey Anderson on the same event today right?

You don’t to spin a 3 win streak —- it’s 3 wins!! LoL None were controversial

U know highly touted Glover Texiera is fighting Corey Anderson on the same event today right?

You don’t to spin a 3 win streak —- it’s 3 wins!! LoL None were controversial

We're not talking about Glover. We're talking about Shogun. What Glover does/who he fights has no relevance on this conversation.

So again, I'll point out that 3 wins over 3 years against those fighters, shouldn't get you anywhere near a title shot. Come back to me when he beats anyone in the top 10-15.

We're not talking about Glover. We're talking about Shogun. What Glover does/who he fights has no relevance on this conversation.

So again, I'll point out that 3 wins over 3 years against those fighters, shouldn't get you anywhere near a title shot. Come back to me when he beats anyone in the top 10-15.
A winning top LHW contender has no relevance to another winning top LHW contender in the same organization????????????

Anthony "The Retirement" Smith

Back