If Shogun loses this next fight...

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What impact does that have on the 205lb weight class and the title situation?

None.

Shogun shouldn't even be in the conversation anyway. The fact that he 'might' get a TS at LHW if he wins, proves what a joke the rankings and the right to earn TS in the UFC really are.

lmao Shogun is gonna crush this kid come sunday.

None.

Shogun shouldn't even be in the conversation anyway. The fact that he 'might' get a TS at LHW if he wins, proves what a joke the rankings and the right to earn TS in the UFC really are.
I agree with you, we would t be that relevant had DC not brought him up. So who gets the shot if Shogun loses? Does Gus? But now Gus is fighting a nobody so if he wins does that merit a title shot?

I agree with you, we would t be that relevant had DC not brought him up. So who gets the shot if Shogun loses? Does Gus? But now Gus is fighting a nobody so if he wins does that merit a title shot?

TBH, I'm not sure. Gus seems like the most logical choice, but DC already beat him. I wouldn't call Volkan a nobody, but Cormier just smoked him like a ham in his last fight.

Who's ranked #3 in LHW right now? Glover? Yeah, that's a gimme for DC as far as I'm concerned.

They really need some new blood at LHW.

I hope it will force DC to fight Gus instead as that is a much more compelling fight imo.

TBH, I'm not sure. Gus seems like the most logical choice, but DC already beat him. I wouldn't call Volkan a nobody, but Cormier just smoked him like a ham in his last fight.

Who's ranked #3 in LHW right now? Glover? Yeah, that's a gimme for DC as far as I'm concerned.

Volkan is out, Glover has been old, OSP is the only other too LHW, and Latifi... yes Latifi and that’s sad

This is not a terribly good matchup for Shogun. Smith is big and younger and aggressive. Unless he can really crack him with a counter or maybe work a wrestling based game, Shogun might be in for a rough time.

None.

Who else? Volkan and Gus are fighting for #1 status, but they are both coming off recent losses to DC. No one else above Shogun in the rankings has a better streak going, and Shogun would have the longest active streak in the top 10 with a win over Smith. IF Shogun is somehow able to win, he will most likely lose to winner of Gus/Volkan. If Shogun loses, the winner of Gus/Volkan will most likely fight someone else for the vacant LHW belt (maybe a returning Jones?).

You may not like the idea, but from the list of contenders in the UFC's LHW rankings...Shogun is only after Gus and Volkan in deserving a TS. Volkan doesn't even have big wins either, as his biggest win is OSP and only has 4 fights in the UFC.

The LHW picture is not a good example of showing what a joke the rankings are in the UFC cuz it's shallow AF. Brock Lesnar coming back from being suspended due to roiding up and no wins in nearly a decade to a title shot is a prime example.

Last edited:
i really hope he does. Shogun being born again relevant would speak more to the lack of quality of the 205lb weight class, more so then to his revival. he's been very beatable by good talent for a long while now. if you guys wanna romance critical countdown, by all means, but don't even try to project that on the contemporary. that day is gone.

This is not a terribly good matchup for Shogun. Smith is big and younger and aggressive. Unless he can really crack him with a counter or maybe work a wrestling based game, Shogun might be in for a rough time.
Nah Shogun with the first round KO.

Volkan is unproven. It wasnt that DC looked "good" it was that Volkan looked bad. Volkan didn't even have basic white belt defense on the ground

According to one judge GUS ALREADY BEAT DC. You honestly sound like a fanboy

If IT'S NOT a defense against Gus, then it has to be a defense against Shogun if Shogun wins....there's NO ONE ELSE...Plus it would make for a great story to see Shogun the legend fighting for the title again...like Hendo"s title shot against Bisping...

None.

He's on a 3 fight win streak. That division is fucking thin. Maybe he should fight a Latifi, rematch Gus or OSP.....

Fuck it, DC will never return to 205

i will cry into my pillow

Isn't he ranked 8th anyway? Shouldn't have much impact at all.

Shouldn't matter. The guy isn't even top 5. But come one... Shogun lose.

Back