If Saki and Ghiță don"t return to kickboxing, I might...

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Saki and Ghiță don"t return to kickboxing, I might skip K-1 after many years!

This simply sucks. Holzken and Kongolo are no stars!

The Dutchmen also destroyed this sport with their paper champs. Schilt was a champ, not these fouls!

Boring as fuck is now kickboxing... Glory and Superkombat decreased, K-1 sucks because of the unknown midgets and Chinese promotions have no clue what are they doing!

By the way, midgets suck, midgets will always suck even if we will have 10 champions from Romania. MIDGETS ARE JUST BORING.

Nobody even knows the champions of Glory, except for Rico Verhoeven. They are completely anonymous.

I don't share your opinion. I think there are some interesting match ups in Glory.

I don't like they favor Americans a little bit. I understand why, because it's an entertainment business. There are Americans fighting in Glory who have no experience and fighting below standard. There are a lot more European-, Russian fighters who are fighting better.

Also I don't like the 3 rounds rule. In my opinion every fight in Glory must be 5 rounds. In round 4 and 5 you will see the difference between the fighters.

Overall I am pretty pleased with Glory.

Last edited:
Not to say K-1's "names" are that of the past but there's usually like half the tournament of decent names. More importantly the events are pretty great fun, names or not.

Glory and China are a mixed bag, both have improved in some areas and regressed in others.

HW is in a pretty fucking terrible condition from years of dumbfuckery with no end in sight.

Kickboxing is more international now than it has been in ages. The bigger orgs are finally allowing more Thai fighters to compete and there's good kickboxing and muay thai almost every weekend. If anything, kickboxing is doing better than it has in years.

Yeah you should watch boxing and mma instead, it's not like those are going downhill either... Oh wait...

I guess I'll see you in the vip section of the curling world tournament then.

Not to say K-1's "names" are that of the past but there's usually like half the tournament of decent names. More importantly the events are pretty great fun, names or not.

Glory and China are a mixed bag, both have improved in some areas and regressed in others.

HW is in a pretty fucking terrible condition from years of dumbfuckery with no end in sight.

If I would be an American, rookie in kickboxing for the moment, Glory and Superkombat could tricky me. Now look at Glory Netherlands, it"s full of heavyweights even many from SK on the main card. This means they are following the trend of Superkombat that got very good ratings in the US on the first CBS Sports show. So good matchmaking and knockouts, the undercard has better quality. There could be or even are good shows of knockouts, I don"t deny that! But I want to see legends in the ring.

True, true, boxing also decreased. Maybe bigger. But we had K-1, they had Ali vs. Frazier, it"s lack of a golden era. Let"s milk money, just spectacle. This McGregor is also a joke. Rousey wow, and now..

China has money but no strategy. At least if in 2-3 years if something will be changed. But they aren"t building international stars AT ALL, AT ALL!!

Comparing Holzken with Souwer and Kraus, it"s simply another level. Of stupidity. But not Nieky is the problem, he"s solid enough.

Bring back Saki and Ghiță, Spong too! Kyotaro, others, about Cavalari I don"t care he"s in MMA. He will never be a star. Wilnis isn"t also a star.

Last edited:
Maybe the Stoicas can go on a killer winning streak and spark your interest again?

Dont agree. Used to be 2 great weight classes max and HW. Now we have 6, maybe not that great but some are really entertaining.

Ofcourse some names are missing. But there are also new interesting fighters.

Also the big euro events seem to do really good.

Maybe the Stoicas can go on a killer winning streak and spark your interest again?
They fight just for money now, and anyway they were spectacular in comparison to the majority of the lower weight categories. They are bad in the brain. I know what"s coming from behind, Cozmâncă or Negrea, not attractive at all. Kickboxing is doomed. I am very disappointed about the last months.

not.

How are they mixed bag, Glory, Superkombat and all the promotions are in the same bag. China has money but no strategy. They lack creating stars, even those Chinese could have been national heroes especially because China has no boxing or MMA.

Look at Glory next 2 shows: 4 guys from Superkombat (Santana, Bates, Marshall and Stoforidis).

How are they mixed bag, Glory, Superkombat and all the promotions are in the same bag. China has money but no strategy. They lack creating stars, even those Chinese could have been national heroes especially because China has no boxing or MMA.
As I said they've improved in some areas and regressed in others.

Kunlun numbered events have definitely lost some shine, I mean their (kickboxing) scheduling in the year so far has been more sparse so that's had an effect too but generally speaking their efforts for the main product haven't been up to snuff. Meanwhile they've done a ton of their non-numbered events meaning more new Chinese guys have definitely gotten opportunities and that kind of thing should/could pay off later on. Over simplifying a bit but Chinese haven't cared much for non-olympic sports so just making stars for a "new" sport isn't quite as easy as you make it out to be.

Glory is doing more events, which I think they needed. They've upped their video production and sorted out the on air team etc. etc. Then on the other hand they are doing fucking Verhoeven vs Lazaar just adding to the death of the heavyweight division, seriously. Glory has done and keeps doing a terrible job with their HW's. Guys like Kryklia and Gerasimchuk need to be brought in (...like 2 years ago).

Look at Glory next 2 shows: 4 guys from Superkombat (Santana, Bates, Marshall and Stoforidis).
Nobody cares some dudes who have fought on SK are on Glory, nor should they. You have this odd habbit of bringing up guys who barely have anything to do with SK as "Superkombat fighters" whenever one gets to fight on Glory. If it's like a Stoica or Morosanu it makes sense but to even bring up SK with Alex Pereira is just silly. Fought for "them" once in Brazil meaning basically on a WGP card vs another WGP guy...such Superkombat experience! He's more a Kunlun Fighter than he is SK...and by that I still mean he is neither.

Yep now is probably a good time to take your ball and go home.

Nobody cares some dudes who have fought on SK are on Glory, nor should they. You have this odd habbit of bringing up guys who barely have anything to do with SK as "Superkombat fighters" whenever one gets to fight on Glory. If it's like a Stoica or Morosanu it makes sense but to even bring up SK with Alex Pereira is just silly. Fought for "them" once in Brazil meaning basically on a WGP card vs another WGP guy...such Superkombat experience! He's more a Kunlun Fighter than he is SK...and by that I still mean he is neither.

Superkombat discovered him in the New Heroes platform, period. He fought in Kunlun way after. SK also discovered Kongolo, it was his first major promotion. By the way, Po Atan started then to fight for Glory right immediately after Superkombat. Same track as Kongolo. Superkombat promotes them, Glory picks them up. This is the truth. All from that list.

Superkombat discovered him in the New Heroes platform, period. He fought in Kunlun way after..
That's bullshit. He fought for the It's Showtime title before he fought at a SK event.

As long as they can fight, I couldn't care less where Glory found them.

That's bullshit. He fought for the It's Showtime title before he fought at a SK event.
And since Glory bought its showtime... its the other way around.

But for real who cares where they fought before. Its a bit sad that people think that such things matter. Past is the past i only wanna c good match ups now. (There are plenty also w/o saki and ghita)

Kickboxing is booming atm in Europe, in the Netherlands a couple Dutch TV channels (ZiggoSports, RTL7, SpikeTVNL bought exclusive kickboxing promotion tv-rights (Glory, A1WCC, WFL) several Dutch kickboxers appearing at Dutch mainstream tv-shows this is the first time in the history of the sport that the Dutch mainstream main has picked up their interest in kickboxing. The number of kickboxing events in a year has increased with 30% in the last 3 years. The Enfusion shows are always sold out (7500 people in Eindhoven for example), Melvin Manhoef's WFL shows attracts 4000 people each event.

Its getting more mainstream over here in the netherlands. My grandmom was even talking about rico VS badr.

There are plenty of fights in the making. Glory has already scheduled 4 events, cant remember any year that looked this good to be honest.

Ofc we miss the k1 final16/8 and dynamite shows. But we get a shitload of decent and good events back for it. Dont cry but enjoy the fights and support the promotions local and international

Back