if Ronda was humble instead of arrogant during her reign, how would she be viewed now?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think a lot of the criticism of her is based on how she acted while on top and how she acted when she finally became the nail.

Imagine if she was humble when she was on top, and when she lost she was still confident but respectful of her opponent and admitting that they were the better fighter.

I think a lot of people see her as someone who was only GOAT because the competition was bad. But I think if she had more fans the consensus would be that she is GOAT but just ran into 2 bad style math cups.

Fedor is humble but I still see plenty of people shitting on him now and calling him a can crusher.

If RR was different she wouldn't be RR.

The attitude is a large part of what made her & why it was fun to give it back to her.
She loved the meme's after Zingano & Bethe, but thought the ones after her loss were mean.
The cocky arrogance is a large reason she had fans.
You can't really take that away & wonder anything, because it was a large reason she was a celeb

Maybe WMMA wouldn't be as popular as it is now. Frankly, it's possible that WMMA continues to exist only as her afterglow.

Last edited:
People would have liked her better, but she wouldn't have been so famous either. When she started playing the heel in Strikeforce, that's when she got the Tate fight and it just continued from there.

She would have a hell of a lot more fans and deals for people wanting to work with her. Anyone objective would still view her as a very incomplete fighter. Very good for Judo only

' Her abilities would still be the same, poor as it is, but folks would be more lenient. '
- Tze

So much could have been avoided for her if she had just shook Meishas hand

If Fedor was an arrogant dick then he would have an entirely different fan base IMO.

true. Fedor fans in this universe seem to be the ones who appreciate the zen like honor of japanese martial arts. Fedor, who is a traditional martial artist in judo an sambo represents the wholesome, dignified champion. He also is not very good looking or in great shape, he is the everyman, but he is a legend because of his technique. A lot of fans gravitate to fedor because he is not a supermodel or an ubereem but he wins because of technique and will to win and overall true REAL MAN-NESS.

If fedor was arrogant and ocky he would attract the fans who like fights with personality and confidence

true. Fedor fans in this universe seem to be the ones who appreciate the zen like honor of japanese martial arts. Fedor, who is a traditional martial artist in judo an sambo represents the wholesome, dignified champion. He also is not very good looking or in great shape, he is the everyman, but he is a legend because of his technique. A lot of fans gravitate to fedor because he is not a supermodel or an ubereem but he wins because of technique and will to win and overall true REAL MAN-NESS.

If fedor was arrogant and ocky he would attract the fans who like fights with personality and confidence

That's a crock of shit.

I was a die hard Fedor fan but I'm also a die hard Conor fan.

Sometimes people just judge by fighting and not by personas.

Who knows? GSP gets shit on as much as anybody. Ronda REALLY got shit on by MMA fans though, and as MMA fighters go, how did she really rank as a shit talking a-hole? Pretty average IMO, and most of those shit talking A-holes never accomplished what she did.

I think a lot of the criticism of her is based on how she acted while on top and how she acted when she finally became the nail.

Imagine if she was humble when she was on top, and when she lost she was still confident but respectful of her opponent and admitting that they were the better fighter.

I think a lot of people see her as someone who was only GOAT because the competition was bad. But I think if she had more fans the consensus would be that she is GOAT but just ran into 2 bad style math cups.
TS.....what a dumbass thread....and

tumblr_inline_ntfl7osQ081qfuiaz_500.gif

If she never had the attitude and was humble towards the sport and her opponents, she wouldn't have even gotten the fight against Tate in SF... So it's a difficult question. If If If she was humble. If that were the case, she would likely never been champion

Back