If Robbie Lawler fought like Woodley against Woodley in the first match

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Would he win?
Tyron Woodley came out aggressive in the first round, while Robbie needed to warm up.
What if Robbie was fighting not to lose instead of warming up or waiting until later rounds to come out aggressive?

Been awhile since I seen this fight...but I remember it being a staring contest until Woodley knocked him stiff.

I really like Robbie's chances a lot more in a rematch if he comes out like he did against Cowboy. Not like over exert himself or anything, but definitely be the aggressor this time especially since Woodley has shown to be the defensive type now as of late.

Been awhile since I seen this fight...but I remember it being a staring contest until Woodley knocked him stiff.
Exactly this. Robbie already tried that.

But put it this way. He HAS to do better in the rematch because doing worse is statistically HIGHLY unlikely!

I think the rematch will happen seeing as no one else is really a viable option for Woodley at this moment except Robbie. Hopefully he gets the rematch and KO's him stiff.

Robbie has to get in boxin range to have success, which means he'll always be open to the devastating rights from Tyron. He loses 9/10 IMO, Horrible matchup for Robbie.

He was backing up with a look of horror just before the T-Wood bomb dropped. Look at his face, Robbie was scared homie. HAHAHA

Robbie did fight like T-wood in that fight and that's probably what cost him the fight. He should've come out guns blazing. Woodley doesn't do well with pressure.

2 guys with their backs to the fence on opposite sides of the octagon would be interesting

What the fuck was Robbie doing in this fight aside getting toasted?

Robbie did fight like T-wood in that fight and that's probably what cost him the fight. He should've come out guns blazing. Woodley doesn't do well with pressure.
Exactly

It was a solid win for Tyron, however as I see the division right now, Robbie is the top contender and should be next in line. Woodley beat Thompson, now Maia. Masvidal lost to Maia and now is fighting Thompson. If Woodley is really hurt, he should take care of it and Robbie can fight someone else while he heals up. However, If Woodley is going to fight before the year is out like he was saying he wants to, its got to be the Lawler rematch.

It was a solid win for Tyron, however as I see the division right now, Robbie is the top contender and should be next in line. Woodley beat Thompson, now Maia. Masvidal lost to Maia and now is fighting Thompson. If Woodley is really hurt, he should take care of it and Robbie can fight someone else while he heals up. However, If Woodley is going to fight before the year is out like he was saying he wants to, its got to be the Lawler rematch.
RDA vs Magny is happening.

What the fuck was Robbie doing in this fight aside getting toasted?
He had 2 brutal 5 round wars prior to this fight. I think he was just burnt at that point and came into that fight mentally and physically diminished. He took a year off to heal, i think the rematch will happen and be much more competitive. As was said, there's basically no one else at the moment. Depends how quick Woodley is ready to fight. If RDA gets another win he's close to contention. If Masvidal beat WB, he could easily get the next shot. If Woodley fights before the end of the year, it's almost certainly against Lawler.

I really wish I could have seen Robbie beat the shit out of GSP<DCrying>

If Lawer survives the 1st he will win

Woodley has never knocked out an opponent out of the 1st round

I really like Robbie's chances a lot more in a rematch if he comes out like he did against Cowboy. Not like over exert himself or anything, but definitely be the aggressor this time especially since Woodley has shown to be the defensive type now as of late.
The thing is with Robbie, Tyron doesn't have to be as patient and selective. Robbie is for the most part a walk forward throw punches guy with very few kicks and takedown attempts. Tyron has the wrestling advantage, is faster and may be stronger as well.

Back