If Rizin keeps this pace, it blows UFC out of the water

I love rizin&One.. I hope they l'll beat UFC esp. after that shitty reebok deal

I like Rizin for what it is, but I would rather have all of the top talent stay under one banner. It sucks when the talent is spread out all over the place, because the best aren't always fighting the best.

It was awesome when The UFC bought Pride, the WEC and Strikeforce. As fans 9/10 we get to see the fights we want to see now.

So you hate the UFC?
nah man.
If UFC was WWE level BS Michael Bisping would never have knocked out Luke Rockhold.

Dana is wishing the UFC was controlled like the WWE now, he's losing so many champions to wash ups and unknowns.
Not to mention the fights he's losing to steroid abuse.

nah man.
If UFC was WWE level BS Michael Bisping would never have knocked out Luke Rockhold.

Dana is wishing the UFC was controlled like the WWE now, he's losing so many champions to wash ups and unknowns.
Not to mention the fights he's losing to steroid abuse.

Personally I could care less what fighters want to put in their body's, but you have to give the UFC props for trying to crack down on PED use.

They initiated USADA testing and are paying them millions of dollars out of their own pockets. As it stands now they have some of the most strict anti doping policies in all of professional sports.

You don't see UFC having a openweight grand prix and you don't see RIZIN having belts in each division with a ranking system.

lolz @ believing the ufc's "ranking system" means anything.

lol, obviously. i guess thats why pride ppvs got like 30k buys

their ppvs were a day later, after everyone already streamed it (remember afreeca?) or already read the results.

Personally I could care less what fighters want to put in their body's, but you have to give the UFC props for trying to crack down on PED use.

They initiated USADA testing and are paying them millions of dollars out of their own pockets. As it stands now they have some of the most strict anti doping policies in all of professional sports.
the fact of the matter is it is not fair to punish someone for not injecting their body with potentially dangerous substances.
This is why I 100% support anti doping.

Blood doping is different mainly because doing so can be replaced by elevation chambers and have the same effect. But steroid use I am 100% against.

Pride did it and no one cared in the US and Pride is about 100X better than Rizin just like the UFC is.

Enjoy Rizin, but don't be a moron about it.

Its 2016 tardo. Internet audience is the real important thing. Twitter broadcasted NFL game. This is the future bro.

Plus, dat time zone

The pride ppvs we have numbers on were in the US...same time zone tardo

JMMA is definitely the best version of MMA in my opinion and RIZIN fully lived up to what JMMA is all about!

I'd like to see UFC do excellent as well and work with RIZIN in the future if they become a solid competitor in the MMA market. The fans have wanted to see something like this for a very long time (basically nearly since the beginning of modern MMA).

I love Rizin, but there's almost no chance they ever catch the UFC in terms of revenue, or ability to pay top-fighters.

I don't think they want to be as big as the UFC either. Pride never did more than 11 shows in a year, even when they were very successful.

I really hope they become a lasting, successful promotion though. Monthly shows would be amazing.

im down wit dis shit ts!!!

but it's hard for rizin to overcome the ufc right now with those freak show and dubious drug testing.

but im down with rizin.

a lot of people mentioned this in the live event thread for Rizin but one reason a lot of us watching it live felt like it was very entertaining was that the literal pacing of the event was non-stop fight to fight, no huge gaps between fights, i dont know if you can do this for the fox fs1 events due to advertising but why not for the PPV events, makes it sooo much more watchable

weeaboos-are-like-feminazis_c_6523433.jpg

Rizin needs to put at least 6-8 shows every year, like in PRIDE days, to develop their fighters and find new stars. Grand Prix every year september - december + 3, 4 more shows from january - august.
There is a good market potential, plenty of viewers in Japan, Korea, China and the time is also acceptable for Europe on sunday morning-noon.
They have acces to large talent base from around the world through all those reigonal organisations, they just need to pick the best like they started with Jiri, Teodoras, Nemkov, + legends like Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Fedor to increase popularity, pick other good avaliable fighters in the world and crossovers from kcikboxing or other combat sports like Aliakbari.
They need to secure enough revenue and icome to offer more money to those fighters than their regional organizations offer them, and to represent another step forward in their career, an attractive opportunity. Rizin would also need to share some money to other organizations for their cooperation.
And of course they need enough shows to establih themselves and their fighters. A show every 1.5 -2 months would be optimal to keep good concentration of talent and stacked cards, like in the PRIDE days.
In that way RIZIN would be able to close the gap towards UFC step by step, and to develop their own quality fighters that would be ranked inside top 10 and significant in the world.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back