If Poatan beats Jones

Well, there was never a 3 division champ before. Malykhin is, but let’s not equate that with the UFC. Anyway, getting a strap in 3 weight classes would certainly put him into the goat convo, but I don’t see him beating Aspinall or Jones. Plus, as mentioned before, Jones probably wouldn’t fight him either way.

There's practically zero chance he beats Jones. Sure, there's always a puncher's chance, but the fight would look almost exactly like Jones vs Gane. Poatan hasn't fought any wrestlers. Even Jan was outwrestling him with ease. Any good wrestler isn't going to struggle much against him.

But, hypothetically, if he did beat Jones... no, he's still not GOAT. One win does not make someone the greatest of all time. It doesn't matter who it is they beat.

Also, not sure what it is with people saying Jones would never fight Poatan? Poatan would be a way easier fight for Jones than Stipe, Aspinall, and many of the other top heavyweights too.

Jones is well past his best days so no.

Poatan wouldn't be top 5 in the Jones-DC-Gus era.

I don't think Poatan would beat Rumble, Glover, Machida, Rashad or Shogun either.

Would likely lose to Bader and Phil Davis as well.

He might have trouble winning 3 in row with such a schedule.

LHW happens to be really weak today and Poatan is thriving in it.

There would I spose be questions asked about just how good the current Jones is but probably the only way he could get near LHW GOAT status would be a couple of wins over Jon, otherwise he just doesnt have the time or the comp.

Stays fighting 3 times a year, beats Jones twice, beats Ank, beats Jiri again and maybe Izzy at LHW as well and he's starting to ask the question I think although I very much doubt it will happen.

If he beat Tom,Jon and had 1 title defense yup goat of all goats
(wishful thinking on my part)

Back