If Pacquiao beats Matthysse, Garcia, Thurman and Spence he breaks into the Top 50 ATG list

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think if Manny beats Lucas Mattysse, goes on and beats Danny Garcia, Kieth Thurman and Errol Spence at his age, he will have done one of the most impressive resurgent comebacks in boxing history.

I think he would easily break the Top 50 of all time yes or no? He is already in the top 100 obviously I think many people have him around 75 all time, but if he does this it would easily put him past the top 50.

I think it would be hard for Paquiao to top Durans wins over Davey Moore and Iran Barkley, but Pac would be up there with most impressive boxing resurgent comebacks

Pac broke into the top 50 like 15 years ago.

Pac broke into the top 50 like 15 years ago.
15 years ago?

now you are pulling my leg, 15 years ago he wasn't even at welterweight.

Did you see the top 100 list of all time they did greater things than Manny did, even this guy who is not famous Donnie Nietes from the Philippines has a more impressive title defense history, I believe in title defenses, Pac hasn't had a long reign like Bhop or that Nietes guy.

Pac hasn't even unified a division, this would be an awesome feat if he beat those guys I listed at his late stage.

15 years ago?

now you are pulling my leg, 15 years ago he wasn't even at welterweight.

Did you see the top 100 list of all time they did greater things than Manny did, even this guy who is not famous Donnie Nietes from the Philippines has a more impressive title defense history, I believe in title defenses, Pac hasn't had a long reign like Bhop or that Nietes guy.

Pac hasn't even unified a division, this would be an awesome feat if he beat those guys I listed at his late stage.
I wasn't looking at boxrec for specific dates but the guy was an ATG before he even hit welter. His run at welter just cemented his position as one of the best ever. You couldn't name 50 guys who's resume I couldn't compare with Pacs.

I wasn't looking at boxrec for specific dates but the guy was an ATG before he even hit welter. His run at welter just cemented his position as one of the best ever. You couldn't name 50 guys who's resume I couldn't compare with Pacs.

ESPN doesn't even have Paquiao on the Top 50 list, Mike Tyson is number 50 here is the list Floyd is too low at 48 and even Barrera and Morales are on the ESPN top 50 list, Pacman doesn't even make that list and this was from 2007 so how can you say 15 years ago he made the top 50
he wasn't even on the list on ESPN 15 years ago

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/greatest/featureVideo?page=greatest4150

I think if Manny beats Lucas Mattysse, goes on and beats Danny Garcia, Kieth Thurman and Errol Spence at his age, he will have done one of the most impressive resurgent comebacks in boxing history.

I think he would easily break the Top 50 of all time yes or no? He is already in the top 100 obviously I think many people have him around 75 all time, but if he does this it would easily put him past the top 50.

I think it would be hard for Paquiao to top Durans wins over Davey Moore and Iran Barkley, but Pac would be up there with most impressive boxing resurgent comebacks
If he beat Garcia Thurman and Spence at this age, it would make him top 15 or top 10 atg. Don't see how he could do. He wouldn't be fighting Spence until late 2019 early 2020 at best in this scenario.

Another troll thread from this guy.

HOw can they have Dempsey ahead of Greb? Weird list.

ESPN doesn't even have Paquiao on the Top 50 list, Mike Tyson is number 50 here is the list Floyd is too low at 48 and even Barrera and Morales are on the ESPN top 50 list, Pacman doesn't even make that list and this was from 2007 so how can you say 15 years ago he made the top 50

By 2006 Pac lineal in two divisions, a dominant titlist at SBW and was tearing up ATGs at SFW. He was top 50 then.

Now, he's top 20-10.

That list is clownish. I love Evander Holyfield but how can anyone say straight faced that he accomplished more in the sport than Pac? Julio Cesar Chavez in the top 20 but not Pac? George Foreman is in the top 20 P4P all time? lol! That list is garbage. Thats too bad people read shit like that and base their knowledge of the sport on it.

I really do wonder what you get out of this. Bizarre stuff.

By 2006 Pac lineal in two divisions, a dominant titlist at SBW and was tearing up ATGs at SFW. He was top 50 then.

Now, he's top 20-10.

Well ESPN didn't even have him in the top 50 there, so ESPN is not credible? I dont even think Ring had him in the top 50 either in 2007 or any other credible sports historians.

Seano claims he was already top 50, 15 years ago but he wasn't even top 50 ,11 years ago.

That list is clownish. I love Evander Holyfield but how can anyone say straight faced that he accomplished more in the sport than Pac? Julio Cesar Chavez in the top 20 but not Pac? George Foreman is in the top 20 P4P all time? lol! That list is garbage. Thats too bad people read shit like that and base their knowledge of the sport on it.

How is it clownish, ESPN is a reputable sports source and did you even look how they came up with the list they broke it down to a science

2007 which was 11 years ago, Pacman didn't even make that list, you claimed he was top 50, 15 years ago lol

stop trolling man, I provided you a source.

Google search is garage now but I believe The Ring in 2007 also had a similar list and Pac didn't even make the top 50 I think he was like 90 out of 100 ATG's on the list

I typed in the ring 2007 all time list yet no articles show, F google with their bullshit algorithm changes, they ruined their search.

Well ESPN didn't even have him in the top 50 there, so ESPN is not credible?

To answer your question, no. ESPN knows about as much as the turd I just pushed out in the bathroom when it comes to boxing.

15 years ago was in 2003, so that would be a stretch. He would likely have been top 100 at that point though (on the strength of two lineal championships and a dominant run at SBW). By 2007-2008, he was top 50 no question.

To answer your question, no. ESPN knows about as much as the turd I just pushed out in the bathroom when it comes to boxing.

15 years ago was in 2003, so that would be a stretch. He would likely have been top 100 at that point though (on the strength of two lineal championships and a dominant run at SBW). By 2007-2008, he was top 50 no question.

Kieran Mulvaney came up with that list on ESPN and he is one of the more credible boxing historians

lol come on dude top 100 in 2003? he was barely in the top 100 at number 95 in 2010 I believe.

Pac beats those on your list and he is fucking top-20. 0% chance that happens IMO, but c'mon, man. Beats Matty, Danny, Kieth and Spence from this point and you have him crack the top-100 for it?

He then earns the 99 slot?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Kieran Mulvaney came up with that list on ESPN and he is one of the more credible boxing historians

lol come on dude top 100 in 2003? he was barely in the top 100 at number 95 in 2010 I believe.
Kieran Mulvany DKSAB if he's working with ESPN.

Yeah, roughly top 100. Two lineal championships (FlW, against Sasakul, who was pretty damn good, and FW against Barrera, who was a certifiable ATG). That's on top of a dominant SBW run. That's a solid case for top 100 AT at that point.

can we ban this can already? His schtick got old before it was young.

This is the dumbest fucking post I've ever seen. I used to humor Tidwell but now I see he's just a hater. #BantheTid

Back