If Nunes vs Ronda will look like Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000 if it goes past the first round...

fightfan62

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
A lot of people have criticised Amanda's cardio, but Ronda's cardio isn't that much better. She gassed badly in her fight with Holly, and was visibly slowing down in the second round of her rematch with Miesha. Can you imagine if the main event looks like that sloppy gas fest? It's a good thing both these girls are such quick finishers because that would just be embarassing.:oops:

As for my prediction, I think this is a 50:50 fight. Nunes has a tendancy to overcommit on her shots to the point where she is off balance, which is something a skilled Judoku like Ronda could take advantage of. On the other hand, Nunes has huge power and Ronda has awful striking defense, so its plausible that Nunes could land something that puts Ronda away. Tough fight to call.

I thought Ronda looked fine vs Miesha in the third...I think Miesha was the one slowing down in that one.

A lot of people have criticised Amanda's cardio, but Ronda's cardio isn't that much better. She gassed badly in her fight with Holly, and was visibly slowing down in the second round of her rematch with Miesha. Can you imagine if the main event looks like that sloppy gas fest? It's a good thing both these girls are such quick finishers because that would just be embarassing.:oops:

As for my prediction, I think this is a 50:50 fight. Nunes has a tendancy to overcommit on her shots, which a skilled Judoku like Ronda could take advantage of. On the other hand, Nunes has huge power and Ronda has awful striking defense, so its plausible that Nunes could land something and put Ronda away. Tough fight to call.

Ronda has been to the third against Meisha and looked just as fresh as she did in round 1. Dunno where the myth of Ronda having no gas came from. She gassed against Holly because she ate punch after punch. That tires you out.

Nunes cardio is questionable but Rhonda's isn't bad... or wasn't bad.

Nunes cardio is questionable but Rhonda's isn't bad... or wasn't bad.
This. Just so many questions about ronda going into this fight. All the same, I hope Nunes destroys her once and for all!

#GUERNICAbless

I thought Ronda looked fine vs Miesha in the third...I think Miesha was the one slowing down in that one.

Ronda was slowing down. So was Miesha. Both fighters looked gassed. And this was in a fight Ronda was dominating, mind you. Makes you wonder what her cardio will be like when she eats a few hard shots from Nunes.

Last edited:
This. Just so many questions about ronda going into this fight. All the same, I hope Nunes destroys her once and for all!

#GUERNICAbless

Fuck when are they banning you again?

Edit: I'm jk and I totally agree in hopes of Nunes putting her down!

Ronda has been to the third against Meisha and looked just as fresh as she did in round 1. Dunno where the myth of Ronda having no gas came from. She gassed against Holly because she ate punch after punch. That tires you out.

Rousey definitely looked visibly gassed going into the third with Miesha.

I don't know if this is so much a Ronda cardio issue, as it is that her pace is unsustainable for multiple rounds. Rousey has one speed, and that speed does not bode well for multiple rounds.

Ronda was slowing down. So was Miesha. Both fighters looked gassed. And this was in a fighter Ronda was dominating, mind you. Makes you wonder what her cardio will be like when she eats a few hard shots from Nunes.

She was doing more in the 2nd and 3rd...so you appear to be clueless.

She was doing more in the 2nd and 3rd...so you appear to be clueless.

She was breathing heavy and looking laboured in her movements. She was slowing down, it wasn't obvious because Miesha was also slowing down. The cardio did not look good for either of those girls.

Ronda panics when she gets hit, that will gas anyone out, & this is a nightmare match up in regards to a big physical opponent with a judo/bjj background that punches harder than anyone Ronda has ever fought before.. I agree with TS there's a good chance things get weird if it goes past a round & a half, a gassed Nunes vs. PTSD Ronda.. it may get weird but I'm friggin excited can't even lie

Well just see how this one plays out, eh?

Could be really good. Or it could suck hard. Or it could be somewhere in between.

Don't matter who wins tonight I'm pretty sure it will all come down to who can best utilize their latest special finishing moves they've learned from sensei Steven Seagal during their training camps.

7ce1a1a5f1230b1215a721192030e2cc.jpg

100140.jpg

I don't know if this is so much a Ronda cardio issue, as it is that her pace is unsustainable for multiple rounds. Rousey has one speed, and that speed does not bode well for multiple rounds.
This may also kind of apply for Nunes, Rumble, Conor, Overeem (when not in Econo-mode), Vitor, Lombard and most other powerful strikers who are thought to have subpar cardio though. Their "poor" cardio seems built into their styles, when they attack they explode so hard they run their gas tanks down super quickly but that's also why they're such beastly finishers.

Someone like Claudia Gadelha seems more like she might have legit questionable cardio to me, since she isn't an explosive finisher but just tires easily, probably from cutting too much weight.

If Ronda's cardio is a 5, then Nunes is a -2.

That's how bad Nunes Cardio is

This may also kind of apply for Nunes, Rumble, Conor, Overeem (when not in Econo-mode), Vitor, Lombard and most other powerful strikers who are thought to have subpar cardio though. Their "poor" cardio seems built into their styles, when they attack they explode so hard they run their gas tanks down super quickly but that's also why they're such beastly finishers.

Someone like Claudia Gadelha seems more like she might have legit questionable cardio to me, since she isn't an explosive finisher but just tires easily, probably from cutting too much weight.

The problem with those kinds of fighters is that they are explosive with lots of fast twitch muscle fibers. While this means they are very fast and strong, the trade off is that they will never have good cardio simply because they use up so much energy in their movements.

Ronda and Nunes are NOT Kimbo a and Dada.

Back