If not the UFC, where should Mike "The Truth" Jackson head to next?

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What should be the future for the dude that beat CM Punk last week? He probably won't be coming back to the UFC. I'm bored at work, sorry.

b8a5e-1528601190-800.jpg

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series - I still think there's a chance he could show up on this. If Dana ends up changing his mind about Jackson, we will most likely see him on DWTNCS rather than the UFC.

Legacy Fighting Alliance - The most probable on this list and pretty much makes the most sense. With a 1-1 record, Jackson's MMA career is still in early stages, even at 37. A fighter with a similar or worse record would probably be best.

Bellator MMA - There's a yuge possibility that Bellator will sign CM Punk. Why not Mike Jackson? However, if Bellator signs Jackson, I don't think they would build him up, but use him as fodder for guys like Chalmers, Gracie, and Danis. Maybe even MVP because, y'know, its MVP.

PFL - Really isn't a lot of novice fighters on PFL's roster. Probably the worst place for him right now.

RIZIN - Would be used as fodder like in Bellator, but they don't really have a WW division. Not likely.

he could make some decent money fighting on random smaller promotions for the next couple years.

He’s in a tough spot, any org that picks him up is going to throw him to the wolves lol.

The choice is obvious = Bellator. They will do a good job building him against jobbers and crashing him down to promote/build other fighters like Aaron Chalmers, Dildo Anus and Baby Slice.

The problem is he's worse than Bellator's "jobbers"

He's probably gonna to use his momentum to ask a lot of money.
Orgs will probably simply say fuck off, who are you to ask all this cash?
In the end, he will probably end up retired and will probably get back to his last job (something about journalism If im not wrong) and will live forever with the "i beat punk" as his passport to fame(?)

He's probably gonna to use his momentum to ask a lot of money.
Orgs will probably simply say fuck off, who are you to ask all this cash?
In the end, he will probably end up retired and will probably get back to his last job (something about journalism If im not wrong) and will live forever with the "i beat punk" as his passport to fame(?)

he's a MMA journalist lol

In Bellator is were he can make the most money. Possibly fighting the U.K. reality tv star

Probably Bellator, he has somewhat of a name now and he seems rather good at marketing himself. They have some big name fighters out there who have pretty low skill sets...

Is he officially cut? I'm kinda thinking Dana was being Dana in the imterview but they will keep around for one last fight just so he can be made an example of

Here is what I posted in the other thread:

Sign him, when he win one he can start a rivalry with CM and bash the UFC; "I could have taken him out anytime, if Dana didn't want a freakshow why did he set one up!".

Have CM come into the ring (separate event) for his signing but have Coker say "you only get a contract if you can beat this guy, and if you can't you don't belong in the sport". Bring out Kenneth Allen (worst fighter ever with a record of 1-39) and set up the fight.

After CM wins have him in the post fight interview say "I am ready for the rematch". Set up Jackson v CM 2.

If CM loses to Kenneth Allen give him additional chances against Fred Ettish and Jason Thacker, when he gets a win do the CM v Jackson 2 fight.

Regardless off all of this have CM fight Thacker at some point in a redemption storyline. After all of this I done sign Gall and have him trash talk about getting rid of people that don't belong there and than he can fight Jackson and Punk again.

The gap between his skills, exposure and drawing power is pretty unusual. The CM Punk fight made him famous, but he looked subpar and there is just no way that it turned him into any kind of draw. Basically, you'd have to overpay an awful and not entertaining dude for extremely limited returns.

Back