If Nick Diaz wins he gets a title shot, right?

Nick getting at title shot for winning?

th

Is it just me - and I hate myself for saying this out loud - but is there something sort of hot about Oprah?

If you haven't heard Nick Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal is probably, maybe, hopefully, but probably not happening at Ufc 235. If by some miracle the fight does happen and ,Diaz does win, what's the chances he gets a title shot?

I'm saying 75%. Yes it would be his only win in 7 years but let's face it he sells. Both Woodley and Covington vs Diaz drawing viewers

There are guys who deserve it more like Usman or Ponzinibbio but I fully expect Nick to get the shot. That's if Ben Askren doesn't talk his way into it.

Agree with everything except that it will actually be his first win in 8 (not 7) years LOL

Find me some evidence that Nick or Nate Diaz sells. Otherwise gtfo

I'll overlook some of the garbage that are posted here and just reply to the OP:
Who knows? Normally I'd say no but I really don't read a lot about WW contenders. Woodley(the champ) and Colby, that's all we read here. If WW is so dry then, all bets are off.

If he wins he fights Conor next..........o_O don't you understand the current UFC format.......

Casuals will get confused, they will think it's Nate.....

Masvidal is going to piece Nick the fuck up.

Look I love Nick Diaz as much as the next pothead but the man is retired, hasn't fought in 4 years and hasn't evolved his game in a decade.

Nick is a flat footed stationary target with no kicking game. He bleeds easily. He is a volume puncher with combinations involving straight punches hooks and occasional uppercuts.

Masvidal knows EXACTLY what Nick is going to do.

The Game plan has been made very clear:
DONT STAND ON FRONT OF HIM.

Take him down or use angles to get in and out. Watch GSP and Condit vs Nick or Thomson vs Nate.

If you stand in front of Nick like BJ or Paul Daley or Scott Smith, you lose. If you move your feet and mix it up, you win.

It isn't 2007 so don't expect 2007 Nick Diaz and the rest of the MMA world has evolved since then, maybe not completely re-inventing the wheel, but striking has gotten more diverse and use of angles is more prevalent.

Masvidal is going to piece Nick the fuck up.

Look I love Nick Diaz as much as the next pothead but the man is retired, hasn't fought in 4 years and hasn't evolved his game in a decade.

Nick is a flat footed stationary target with no kicking game. He bleeds easily. He is a volume puncher with combinations involving straight punches hooks and occasional uppercuts.

Masvidal knows EXACTLY what Nick is going to do.

The Game plan has been made very clear:
DONT STAND ON FRONT OF HIM.

Take him down or use angles to get in and out. Watch GSP and Condit vs Nick or Thomson vs Nate.

If you stand in front of Nick like BJ or Paul Daley or Scott Smith, you lose. If you move your feet and mix it up, you win.

It isn't 2007 so don't expect 2007 Nick Diaz and the rest of the MMA world has evolved since then, maybe not completely re-inventing the wheel, but striking has gotten more diverse and use of angles is more prevalent.
I agree, it has evolved so much that point-fighting is worshiped (at least on sherdog). Hell, Yair delivered a great KO and you people lost your minds.
Praying for male-underwear models to dance and grind for a decision and then you people come online and hype the life out of it. What a joke.

I'm still scratching my head at how he's not fighting for a title out of the gates?

...sometimes i just don't understand this world...

No way when was Diaz last UFC win like 5+ years ago.

In the UFC you never know but he doesn't deserve it. Anyways, Masvidal will most likely beat him

I have to ask.....what happened that made you form this opinion exactly? insofar as I know Nick has never missed a fight, never missed weight...may have missed a press conference but thats a pretty big leap to what youre saying lol
He’s been inactive for 4 years, can’t seem to stay out of trouble outside the cage, and who knows if he really wants to fight at this point. My opinion may change if this fight actually takes place, but at this moment in time he cannot seem to stay out of his own way.

He’s been inactive for 4 years, can’t seem to stay out of trouble outside the cage, and who knows if he really wants to fight at this point. My opinion may change if this fight actually takes place, but at this moment in time he cannot seem to stay out of his own way.
1 what trouble has he been in outside of the cage, aside from some crazy bitch trying to drag him down....where he was cleared of wrong doing?
2 its nick diaz....we've never fully understood if he wanted to fight or not....
3 I understand its your opinion so its whatever...Im just saying theres absolutely no precedence for Nick missing a fight...it has never happened and most likely wont ever happen...if you think that hes more questionable than any other fighter to make it to fight day....then you dont really understand what Nick's about

Nick hasn't won a fight since 2011. Lol at getting a title shot after 1 win in 7 years.

I'm Honestly surprised he isn't getting one right away.

Same reason why GSP isn't allowed to fight Khabib, last thing Dana wants is Nick to beat Woodley and then never fight again. And it will take 2 years before he gets stripped.

Back