If Mousasi were still in the ufc today

Moose is the penultimate gatekeeper with the UFC. He's better off in Bellator where he can win the title.

I dont see why this thread was moved.

Talking about how a fighter would fare if the UFC hadn't lost them to another promotion seems like relevant UFC discussion....

He didn’t get cut
They chose to lose him to Bellator, which they could have prevented. Isn't that the same thing? Pretty clear "we don't want you".

Still waiting for hard evidence that people enjoy watching his fights. Post those PPV and TV figures, if you dare.

Would have kept him since he's still a top 10 MW but he loses to Whittaker, Jacare again, Romero, Luke.

Weidman rematch, Kelvin, Bisping could go either way. And yes with way he looked in his last fight I wouldnt be shocked if Bisping beat him. I dont think thats nearly as one sided a fight as people make it out to be.

Would have kept him since he's still a top 10 MW but he loses to Whittaker, Jacare again, Romero, Luke.

Weidman rematch, Kelvin, Bisping could go either way. And yes with way he looked in his last fight I wouldnt be shocked if Bisping beat him. I dont think thats nearly as one sided a fight as people make it out to be.

Whittaker the same guy that got knocked out by pillow fist wondergirl??

They chose to lose him to Bellator, which they could have prevented. Isn't that the same thing? Pretty clear "we don't want you".

Still waiting for hard evidence that people enjoy watching his fights. Post those PPV and TV figures, if you dare.

No the ufc raised their offer significantly to keep Mousasi after bellator made their offer and moose chose bellator.

I’m not gonna research stats. More than 95% of the ufc roster is unable to draw a large audience. Should they all be cut? I can comfortably say that Moose has more drawing power than probably 95% of all ufc fighters.

you said Mousasi is a boring fighter. All you have to do is watch his fights to realize he’s not boring at all. That’s a ridiculous thing to say

"Robbie Lawler doesnt do gangbusters at the box office therefore people don't enjoy his fights" - You, a literal mouthbreathing retard

Bisping doesn't have Shlemenko's unorthodox style or power or fearlessness at this stage of his career. He's physically shot and was always B-tier, technically.

Mouasi could exploit Whittaker's porous defense and reliance on taking huge steps to break the pocket through patient, careful jabbing, and sharp counters. He's a much better striker than Romero and Rockhold, if less athletic than both. There's not a MW in the world I'd give more than a 60% chance over him. Even Jacare has lost a step athletically since their fight, which, given his reliance on that aspect of his skillset, makes a rematch pretty compelling.

Anyways. We won't be seeing any of that. Mousasi will either finish his career at Bellator or when his deal ends with them go to RIZIN. Only real path I see forward for him after this. UFC aren't going to pay him what he wants, ever.

What? He dominated him and made him quit. Weidman gets tooled again.
"Quit*. Weidman didn't signal foul or anything, that was entirely the ref. If you got knee'd twice by gegard and the ref told you you got fouled wouldn't you want to take your time?
It was a shit situation and due to the way the rules are written TKO was the correct call.. But if that had been the original call ref stoppage by TKO that would be one of the shittiest TKO stoppages ever

Whitaker is a better striker than moose. All moos has an advantage id his granite chin

I’m still pissed at the UFC for letting him walk. They should have wrapped up his contract before bellator could even make an offer. He fits in well with the ufc MW contenders

The best MW matchup currently would be Moose vs Luke.

Moose easily beats Whittaker; he beats Weidman, Gastelum, Bisping, Brunson

Moose loses to Romero

Moose vs Jacare is a coin toss fight

How the fuck does he easily beat Whittaker? Whittaker's a far better boxer and has great tdd

Gegard would be UFC champion today.People really need to get over his last fight which he eeked by Shlemenko but thats because it's called " depth perception ".He broke his eye socket (his first facial injury in 14 years of fighting -amazing but shit happens) 45 seconds in and still gutted out win.
There's a reason why when Demetrius Johnson was asked over the summer for his top 5 goat fighters and he could only come up with 2.....and I quote" Gegard Mousasi and Jon Jones "....
The guy has been not only fighting for 14 years (most as an elite fighter) but he's in his fucking prime now at 32 and continues to evolve.People need to use their God given brains and realize the type of injury he sustained in his last fight ....and again- 45 seconds in, fighting with one eye.

Talent, complete fighter,longevity, seamless chain fighting ,iron jaw and USADA makes Mousasi the best middleweight in world for my money ....but thats me (and I certainly can be accused of bias being I support him as one of most favorite fighters to watch).
When guys like Whitaker ,Weidman and Rockhold (Luke has already become a cautionary tale of MMA due to his stand up defense which has led to such a regressed chin) do what hes been doing for as long as he has then come back and we can talk.

Back