If Mousasi were still in the ufc today

Moose is good, he just isnt great. That is all.

How do you think Whittaker beats Moose? I can’t even see how that happens. Don’t get me wrong I like Whittaker a lot. But styles make fights and Whittaker loses to Mousasi
Nah, Whittaker is too slick, and sharp with his boxing.

Moose wanted to test his value on the open market so there's no way UFC could have locked up his contract before he looked at other offers.
I think you're being a bit optimistic about Moose's standing in the division but I am disappointed we don't get to see all of those fights.
If he'd stayed with UFC he would have fought Rockhold instead of Branch and the winner would have been matched with Whittaker in Perth.

Jacare would beat him again. With the right matchup Moose could be champ though.

Moose wanted to test his value on the open market so there's no way UFC could have locked up his contract before he looked at other offers.
I think you're being a bit optimistic about Moose's standing in the division but I am disappointed we don't get to see all of those fights.
If he'd stayed with UFC he would have fought Rockhold instead of Branch and the winner would have been matched with Whittaker in Perth.

Moose had been complaining about his pay in the ufc for a while to no avail and then the ufc didn’t offer nearly what moose wanted for a new contract. Moose was frustrated by it all and then a past employer came knocking. You telling me there was nothing the ufc could’ve done better there to re-sign moose?

The guy got his ass kicked and edged out a decision against Shlemenko. UFC cut him at the right time.

STFU, Shlemenko is high level MMA fighter, and probably one of the most experience MW today.

Go to watch some fight dude.

I’m still pissed at the UFC for letting him walk. They should have wrapped up his contract before bellator could even make an offer. He fits in well with the ufc MW contenders

The best MW matchup currently would be Moose vs Luke.

Moose easily beats Whittaker; he beats Weidman, Gastelum, Bisping, Brunson

Moose loses to Romero

Moose vs Jacare is a coin toss fight
He's boring and does nothing to put asses in seats. So, he's gone.

I remember Mousasi came into the UFC to fight Alexander Gustafsson in Sweden, but Latifi had to step in... I kind of like those old school fighters that are willing to change weight classes to fight anyone.

I remember Mousasi came into the UFC to fight Alexander Gustafsson in Sweden, but Latifi had to step in... I kind of like those old school fighters that are willing to change weight classes to fight anyone.

Moose vs Gus would’ve been awesome

Moose had been complaining about his pay in the ufc for a while to no avail and then the ufc didn’t offer nearly what moose wanted for a new contract. Moose was frustrated by it all and then a past employer came knocking. You telling me there was nothing the ufc could’ve done better there to re-sign moose?
He'd been saying for a while he wanted more money and was planning on testing the open market. A few fighters have done this, it worked very well for Gilbert Melendez. Gegard also said he was pissed off with the way MW was being run, that was a big reason for him looking elsewhere. Sure, they could have just guaranteed him an unrealistic amount of money but that was never going to happen under WME. In the end UFC did offer to up his contract and Moose said the Bellator and UFC contracts were very similar financially but he'd prefer to go to Bellator

I'd like the dreamcatcher's chances vs anyone, and he's one of my favourite fighters, but it's a stretch to say he beats whittaker easily. To me that's actually the best fight at mw.

I think he'd have a much easier fight vs rockhold; movsevian has some of the best boxing in mma, while luke has some of the worst striking defense of anyone considered elite.

While Mousasi said Luke is the toughest fight in the division before he left lol

Been a fan since Dream. Legit all-around skills. Would be close to a title shot... but you never know. Looked old in Bellator. Hoping he shows more in his next fight.

Ok, name all of the UFC events that did big PPV #s or even TV #s because of him. I'll wait.

I don’t know about Ppv #s but calling moose boring is ridiculous. He was one of the most exciting mws

Yea Jacare is a really tough matchup for moose
I think Moose would beat Whittaker, so he probably screwed himself by leaving when he did. if he'd remained he'd have gotten the first shot against Whittaker instead of Rockhold.

I don't see him beating Jacare at this stage given how thoroughly he was controlled last time, it just seems all wrong for him stylistically. Yoel and Rockhold would be fun fights, both are dangerous. I'd say against Luke it's a coin flip.

He'd been saying for a while he wanted more money and was planning on testing the open market. A few fighters have done this, it worked very well for Gilbert Melendez. Gegard also said he was pissed off with the way MW was being run, that was a big reason for him looking elsewhere. Sure, they could have just guaranteed him an unrealistic amount of money but that was never going to happen under WME. In the end UFC did offer to up his contract and Moose said the Bellator and UFC contracts were very similar financially but he'd prefer to go to Bellator

The ufc increased their offer in the last minute after moose had been frustrated with them for a while I think a couple years and he likes Scott Coker. I can’t help but think if the ufc has been more compromising and respectful of moose from the get go things might be different.

He's not UFC caliber tbh. I don't get all the buzz about him. The guy lost to Macheeta for God's sake

I really wish he was still there at MW but the writing was on the wall from reading his interviews leading up to his last fight. He wanted a huge pay rise but due to a couple of losses his standing in the division didn't warrant it. WME are cutting costs wherever they can, a lot of fighters aren't getting any increase when re-signing so when Moose was talking about wanting a lot more money you could see where things were headed.

Back