1. Newly retired UFC Bantamweight & UK legend, Brad "One Punch" Pickett joins us LIVE on WEDNESDAY at 3:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM UK time. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

If Mighty Mouse never fights BW again, how will it effect his legacy

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MMA__Analyst, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MMA__Analyst White Belt

MMA__Analyst
    MM biggest criticism is that he fights lower level competition and no-names (which holds some truth but is also in many ways false), and his only two losses come from fighters who are for the msot part BW fighters. If hge continues fighting in a division he has essentially cleared out (and gets criticized for being a bunch of no names), and ignores the division 10 pounds abov him which is much more stacked and possiible for him to fight in; what would that leave on his legacy. BW is MM only future, and it is stacked with great talent. MM can even become the BW champion if he fights cody garbrandt. With so many big names like cruz, garbrandt, dillasha, linker, and etc... it would taint MM legacy and even question whether he should be ranked in the top 10 p4p fighters

2. mmafan559 Brown Belt

mmafan559
  3. Marvelous Marvin Blue Belt

Marvelous Marvin
    DJ isn't a fighter who cuts an obscene amount of water to gain an advantage. He is fighting in the proper weight class. I don't know why that would be held against him.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  4. Tramero Spence Jr will KO Brook

Tramero
    He fights "low level competition" because he made them look like low level fighters, Dodson and Benavidez are actually pretty good and champs material if MM didn't exist

Also, nowadays I think he beats 8 of the BW top 10, the only ones I'm not sure about are Cruz and Cody, simply because the size difference is too big

[​IMG]

He lost to Cruz years ago, yes, but remember that was prime Cruz (pre injuries) vs a green MM, he has improved a lot since then. Dillashaw got KTFO by Dodson years ago too, TJ has improved since then right? He would likely win a rematch, just like MM

Let the man break the title defenses record first

PS: MM is even a small FLW, why hate champs that actually do what they are supposed to do (defend their title)?

5. Coolidge MILFs Are Spectacular

Coolidge
    He'll still go down as one of the greatest to ever do it, but he needs to challenge and beat an elite BW (multiple, actually) to be considered with Fedor, GSP, Anderson, etc.

6. GOD...frey Jones Orange Belt

GOD...frey Jones
    I'd love to see him go up soon, but It doesn't affect his legacy one bit. He's in his correct weight class, he is a legitimate FLW.

Marvelous Marvin likes this.
  7. Fullmount Triangle Don't Let Them Force Feed You.

Fullmount Triangle
    you don't get a tainted legacy by not moving up, Maus was a tiny bantamweight who was very clearly outsized in almost all of his fights, he was there because there was no notable flyweight division.

Sorry, weirdos, your desire to see him fight at bantamweight for no reason besides "i'm too lazy to learn the names of flyweights" doesn't actually impact his legacy.

8. Large Hound 77 Purple Belt

Large Hound 77
    If he doesn't beat Woodley he ain't shit

9. MuyThaiElbows Red Belt

MuyThaiElbows
    I bet Mighty Mouse fights the 135 champion before he retires.

10. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

LouisBolanos
    It won't affect his legacy very much, because he doesn't have much of a legacy to begin with.

[​IMG]

11. datfnguy Brown Belt

datfnguy
    Mouse doesn't need to fight someone else's weight class to solidify his legacy. He is one of the best. As for no names they are only no names if you don't follow them.

Ghostoftheville likes this.
  12. Phisher Black Belt

Phisher
    It shouldn't at all. He was small for the division in the first place and was only fighting there because he didn't have a choice if he wanted decent fights. Despite the size disadvantage, he was a legit top ten contender who worked his way to a title shot before he even started training full time.

13. thisISjoel Green Belt

thisISjoel
    He's just unlucky that he's a big (tiny) fishlet in the world's smallest pond. It's not his fault, he has dispatched all comers at 125, and he's too small for 135.

14. Donny White Brown Belt

Donny White
    If MM fights again I won't care. If he never fights again I still won't care. He could murder War Machine in jail by smothering him to death with Joe Son's deflated sack and I still wouldn't give two shits.

15. brainwash Purple Belt

brainwash
    Will be forgotten by next week.

16. woodsideQ Brown Belt

woodsideQ
    here's something to consider...going up 10 lbs when you're 135 is a bigger % jump

17. MMA__Analyst White Belt

MMA__Analyst
    Well when he is fully capable (and has) of fighting in a certain division that has more elite contenders and more competition, but decides to stay in a division that he ahs alrready cleared out it can "be used againt him". I dont ven think "use against him" iis th rright way to phrase it. Its definately something to consider when we look back on his career and see a whole bunch of prime elite fighters, stars, and legends that hecould've easily fought but chose not to.

MM is one of the msot skilled MMA fighters OAT, and has already cleared out an entire weight division. He is young, improving, and in his prime, and tbh he shouldjust get one more title defense in the 125 division, and set his goals on BW. If he can beat the record for most conscutive titlee defenss, beat 2-3 elite BW fighters (I would love to see him against dillashaw, cody, and lineker), and mayb even get the BW belt; then he will only solidify his case for being the GOAT even more.

18. NotoriousMillions 49-1

NotoriousMillions
    He already fought at BW, and cleared out the division besides Dom. For a guy that was clearly in some cases 2 weight classes smaller than some of the guy's he was fighting, I'd say he has done enough there.

And MM not facing anybody is a myth. There are some names on there that are kind of "eh" like everybody else has when they defend their title 10 times, but I'd argue he's faced the toughest competition out of all of them outside maybe GSP.

19. rj144 Purple Belt

rj144
    It won't "affect" him.

Also, get a new keyboard. It's not working right.

20. Krev Orange Belt

Krev
    mm will not have a legacy at all, nobody know who is his atm, and he his ranked number 1 pfp

people won't remember him in 50 years

TheTopContender likes this.