If McGregor somehow, magically, accidentally, beats Floyd...

...how will it affect:

- MMA industry? Will MMA be respected and gain mainstream and relevance much more?

- UFC? Will UFC fighters finally get recognition they deserve? Maybe more out-of-the-ring sponsorship?

- WME-IMG? Will they close their expences and won't have to cut? Will they change their ways?

- Conor? Will he ever step to the ring/octagon again?

- Floyd?
win or LOSE Conor won't probably never fight again.. Those fans cheering for him for the boxing match do not seem to realise it might be the last time they see Conor... He will make so much money that he won't even look at the MMa unless he can gets the same amount... He will probably make more than double the WHOLE UFC roster made in 2 years combined....

speech.jpg

Figure of speech?

noun
noun: figure of speech; plural noun: figures of speech
  1. a word or phrase used in a non-literal sense for rhetorical or vivid effect.

...how will it affect:

- MMA industry? Will MMA be respected and gain mainstream and relevance much more?

- UFC? Will UFC fighters finally get recognition they deserve? Maybe more out-of-the-ring sponsorship?

- WME-IMG? Will they close their expences and won't have to cut? Will they change their ways?

- Conor? Will he ever step to the ring/octagon again?

- Floyd?

McGregor would have to dominate to shake the ground. Otherwise everyone calls it a fluke, and we do this all over again in May 2018.

The UFC did the equivalent of quadrupling its monthly car payment when WME-IMG bought it. Most profit its operations generate now goes to paying debt.

No matter how McGregor does, the shortest book in the world remains: "Success stories of the heavily indebted."

If they wanted to make this a fair Boxer vs MMA fighter match I'd imagine it would be kick-boxing. But Floyd would never sign that fight, cause his advantage would turn to heavy advantage for Conor.

I think we're saying the same thing in a different way here - but if you add anything in other than just punches, it's completely different as Mayweather is a straight up Boxer. If you add in any other method of fighting, Martial Arts, et al, because Mayweather has no experience whatsoever in anything other than Boxing. We see slugfests/boxing matches in MMA and Boxing "experts" having to point out it's terrible....well, duh.

If you take away the faces and names, it's an experienced Boxer and one of the best of all time against someone with no professional fights under his belt, but his Boxing/striking is his bread and butter in MMA.

Yeah, they're not going to market it as that and instead sell it as; 'the fight that all fans want to see' 'we didn't want to make this fight but people kept hitting me up asking if we were going to make it' and the best quote of all I thought 'the fans made this fight'

Will be called fluke.

Will be a rematch

Will be the biggest PPV ever!

yeah the evidence stacked up from the jose aldo rematch and the eddie alvarez rematch makes this inevitable

boxing dies

nate becomes the absolute goat since he´s 2-0 against connor

conor becomes A side and makes 400 million in rematch.

yeah the evidence stacked up from the jose aldo rematch and the eddie alvarez rematch makes this inevitable

There are rematches that pay off and there are rematches that aren't...

Of course, you might be one of those who are ignorant enough to call mixed martial artist "scared"...

But if that happened, you know that the conspiracy theories will go around - and especially if there's a rematch.

We've seen MMA v Boxing before when Art Jimmerson fought in the first UFC. It's not MMA v Boxing as it's a pure Boxing match. It's all well and good for marketing to call it that, but I think it only becomes MMA v Boxing when a Boxer fights under MMA rules.

Mayweather and all the other top Boxer's didn't get to where the are by working on their grappling or blocking head kicks.
When Ray Mercer went into MMA and KOd Tim Sylvia in 9 seconds, that pretty much ended the argument for me.
Boxing wins.

There are rematches that pay off and there are rematches that aren't...

Of course, you might be one of those who are ignorant enough to call mixed martial artist "scared"...

maybe scared isnt quite the right term. but conor is surely aware that if he rematched jose and lost, he'd just be the same as any bum fighter. if he rematched alvarez and lost, then his win was a fluke. better for him to move onto something else that will cause a lot of hype, like a meaningless boxing match

if he was "scared" of anything it would be loss of potential earnings

Magically and accidentally huh.

Keep worshiping the point fighting wife beater Sherdog.

McGregor would have to dominate to shake the ground. Otherwise everyone calls it a fluke, and we do this all over again in May 2018.

The UFC did the equivalent of quadrupling its monthly car payment when WME-IMG bought it. Most profit its operations generate now goes to paying debt.

No matter how McGregor does, the shortest book in the world remains: "Success stories of the heavily indebted."

if conor somehow manages to win, i don't think anyone would call it a fluke.

if conor somehow manages to win, i don't think anyone would call it a fluke.

The entire boxing world would, along with many MMA fans and plenty of sports pundits.

Whether it would be deserved is another question. But "fluke" would be quite the common word on social media for a few weeks at least.

I can not imagine this scenario. 49-0 vs 0-0. Crazy. And 49-0 is not a club boxer's 49-0. This 49-0 is the highest level of professional boxing. Conor has not a one professional boxing match.
Other thing: I saw Klitchko's training and he swims a lot because he thinks the swimming helps a lot in cardio. Is anybody who thinks Klitchko would beat Phelps on swimming contest just because he is top sportsman and swims a lot? This is how I see this situation. Different sports. Different gears, rounds, ring, rules and so on.
Really bad analogy. It's more like the guy who's a world champion swimmer in the medley going against the world champion in the breaststroke and swimming just the breaststroke.

I can not imagine this scenario. 49-0 vs 0-0. Crazy. And 49-0 is not a club boxer's 49-0. This 49-0 is the highest level of professional boxing. Conor has not a one professional boxing match.
Other thing: I saw Klitchko's training and he swims a lot because he thinks the swimming helps a lot in cardio. Is anybody who thinks Klitchko would beat Phelps on swimming contest just because he is top sportsman and swims a lot? This is how I see this situation. Different sports. Different gears, rounds, ring, rules and so on.

Fighting is not like other sports. 49-0 but if conor hits him clean with his best shot he will be reduced to a club fighter. Just as how a black belt can turn into a white belt if he gets hit hard.

Not saying i think its going to happen but its far more likely than your combat sport athlete crossing over to a completely alien sport and beating the best guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back