If Loma loses tonight.

Hed still have dominated quality opposition but it will hurt his stock significantly yes. There are people lining up that cant wait to say hes not as good as advertised.

Same people will look to discredit the fight if he wins tonight as well.

Is he a hypejob if he loses against Linares?

The hell? He lost to Salido already who isn't half as good as Linares.

If you buy into the hype of Loma being the next coming of Jesus you already lost so the outcome of this fight would be meaningless either way. He's a great fighter moving up in weight to fight a great talent. Both guys have fallen short in the past and one of them will fall short again tonight. If one loss in a well matched fight changes your entire opinion of a fighter then your opinion was probably shit to begin with.

It's boxing, anyone can lose on any night especially when you fight good opposition.

Is he a hypejob if he loses against Linares?
i thought he was a hypejob when he lost to salido...but he bounced back with a win agains grj which meant something even though grj was smaller and still relatively inexperienced against top opposition...loma's win over walters was also significant even though walters quit without trying too hard...if loma loses tonight it will be two significant losses and two significant wins ...that puts him right in the middle of the pack among top fighters.

Hed still have dominated quality opposition but it will hurt his stock significantly yes. There are people lining up that cant wait to say hes not as good as advertised.

Same people will look to discredit the fight if he wins tonight as well.

This is all true. IF Loma runs over Linares, which I am kind of expecting, the excuses are going to be hilarious. Big IF tho. I won't be ashamed to eat crow if Linares wins, or even makes it to the final bell.

Except he won't. Loma styles all over Linares tonight.

Back