If khabib were to leave, how much of a "hit" woukd UFC take?

Just throwing it out there so dont jump down my throat.

Scenarios:
Dana is very stubborn, and going back on his word would make him look weak publicly. Does Khabib have the PPV drawing power to risk that?
If that happens and Khabib sticks to his words and leaves,
How much of a "hit" would the UFC really take Outside of the diehards? Probably not much ppv wise.

But what if Dana WANTS him to leave secretly?
McGregor vs Ferguson or anyone for the vacant belt is much more appealing when you want to sell PPVs.

One or the other or both seem farfetched?

there is a TON of top level talent at 155. Any void created by khabib leaving would be filled instantly

You guys are stupid if you think he isnt a big draw after winning the 3rd biggest ppv of all time. He drew 350 against Iaquinta. I bet if he had holloway hed be at 500 at least. AND THIS IS BEFORE THE 3RD BIGGEST PPV OF ALL TIME AND DESTROYING THE GREATEST DRAW EVER. You guys are so delusional if you think the UFC is better without him. Hell get at least 700k next ppv and thats the bare minimum.

Wanna make an account bet that if he does fight again and it's against anyone other than mcgregor, it does less than 750k buys ?

I was reading Gulf News (a UAE newspaper) and there was an article on the front page about how he is basically defending and honoring Islam...I expect he will have a massive following similar how Mo Salah did in soccer

Dana going back on his word is nothing new. This is literally one of the pink goofs go-to moves.

I think with the amount of casuals who now know Khabib it would be a huge loss. He is potentially the 2nd biggest PPV star they have after UFC 229.

Plus if he leaves then goes and fights in Russia or the Far East they would be able to do fuck all about it.

-Attacks Conor at weighs in during UFC 205.
-Talks shit about Conor calling him a chicken, etc.
-Attacks (successfully) Artem with 20 guys, threatening him more if he ever says his name again.
-Spits on Conor after the fight, and tries to assault him further, but is distracted.
-This distraction involved flying out of the cage with foot stomp into a crowd of innocent people and attacking once again (as the aggressor) a trainer of Conor's.

And these are his actions just for this fight. I would rather he not leave, but he is not a draw. If the UFC has to keep some steroid abuser that punches half unconscious fighters to keep him, I say good riddance.

It would look really bad. Khabib is the best LW in the world.

I will personaly consider the UFC LW as a fake division.
Plus Bellator if he gets Khabib will become the mainstream, which Dana doesn't want.

You guys are stupid if you think he isnt a big draw after winning the 3rd biggest ppv of all time. He drew 350 against Iaquinta. I bet if he had holloway hed be at 500 at least. AND THIS IS BEFORE THE 3RD BIGGEST PPV OF ALL TIME AND DESTROYING THE GREATEST DRAW EVER. You guys are so delusional if you think the UFC is better without him. Hell get at least 700k next ppv and thats the bare minimum.
Youre delusional if you think Khabib was responsible for those numbers. Hes a 350 to 500 (on an incredible day) fighter. thats it

They(theUFC) would lose the right to call their LW the best fighter in the world. Khabib would take that baton with him wherever he goes. If he lost it somewhere else, well.. the best LW in the world is now forever outside. Unless of course that baton somehow finds its way back into the UFC.

Yeah if he fights ferguson he beats 700
Your point was that he would make a big pull cos he already was one and was now on the third biggest card or some shit.
No more stipulations, simple as - on his next card, if it isn't against mcgregor, he does or doesn't do 750k plus.
Deal or no deal?

You don't gain the ppvs from the person you beat, that's not how it works...
Why do you think Nate wouldn't fight anyone but McGregor?

There you go with the "he", "he", he" Ferguson would be the draw in that fight
ufc 216 had 200k buys stfu with this total crap. Bro you waste my energy. I AM DELUSIONAL? WTF KHABIB BEAT CONOR CLEAN AND NUKED HIM THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS HIS NAME. BUT I AM DELUSIONAL BECAUSE I THINK HELL BREAK 700? YET SOMEHOW TONY IS THE DRAW OVER HIM. Ugh please dont waste my energy bro./

None. Khabib vs not-Conor is a 100k PPV. That was all Conor.

Let Conor fight the #10 or #100 Lightweight and it makes no difference in PPV numbers.

ufc 216 had 200k buys stfu with this total crap. Bro you waste my energy. I AM DELUSIONAL? WTF KHABIB BEAT CONOR CLEAN AND NUKED HIM THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS HIS NAME. BUT I AM DELUSIONAL BECAUSE I THINK HELL BREAK 700? YET SOMEHOW TONY IS THE DRAW OVER HIM. Ugh please dont waste my energy bro./
dude, calm your tits

Zero. Nobody bought that fight for Khabib...as evidenced in his past PPV sales.

Beating Conor doesn't make you a star. Being Conor makes you a star.

Back