If Khabib leaves the UFC, he takes with him the baton for the best LW in the world.

Nobody would care

Conor vs Tony 2 million PPVs

Khabib vs Primus 100k PPVs

LMAO

People will start saying it, especially if Conor says it. Don't overestimate. It is what will be said if Khabib leaves.
Well the more the merrier.
It will bring all the gifs of ginger getting cucked by Khabib.

He cant leave. The exclusive contracts are the key to the UFC's power. If fightesr could just leave whenever they want, the UFC wouldnt have nearly the same power or ability to stiff arm people. Khabib can retire, thats it. Or he can get into a bloody contract war that he'll lose. His threat to leave was empty, although he can retire. But then people will just say he's scared to fight Conor again.
He could go fight in Russia or Japan and laugh as the UFC tries to enforce the contract overseas. But yeah, he's not going to Bellator.

That is the leverage Khabib has. If he ended up in somewhere like Bellator, Bellator now has the best LW in the world and the baton that goes with it. That is why, I don't think the UFC will fire/ban Khabib's team..... for now.

But if Khabib loses to someone, the UFC will fire all of them. That's how I think this will play out.
This is a good point. Khabib has made a fan out of me. He's the man. Everything he's done in this situation is so freaking alpha and appropriate, and cool. I support all his actions and this latest one is the best. Its calling the UFC out in their hypocrisy and throwing down the gauntlet. Its about time. War Khabib!

+1 to all the posts saying kaboob can just leave the UFC and no one, as a general matter, would care. Go away Kaboob. Zero charisma. Zero star power. Go away if that is what you want kaboob. You will not be missed.

Khabib is not the best he's Co Champ with Tony. I heard Tony was stripped a week after an injury but that dont mean anything Khabibb have to beat him first to be best. You can't lose title due to cables. Another man must take it.

That is the leverage Khabib has. If he ended up in somewhere like Bellator, Bellator now has the best LW in the world and the baton that goes with it. That is why, I don't think the UFC will fire/ban Khabib's team..... for now.

But if Khabib loses to someone, the UFC will fire all of them. That's how I think this will play out.

The UFC won’t release Khabib, so he won’t end up in Bellator. If Khabib is sincere about his threat then he will end up crushing cans and has beens for Global.

Not sure why people think anyone will care about him being the best. If it ain't in the UFC, it doesn't matter to the general public.

I'd favor Tony in a fight, but only slightly. I see Khabib winning 1 and 2 and Tony taking over

Not sure why people think anyone will care about him being the best. If it ain't in the UFC, it doesn't matter to the general public.

Yup like Mousassi I think is best MW. No one knows him outside HC. Khabib has no place else to go and be considered best.

Eddie Alvarez will beat him in Bellator and throw the LW division into turmoil again.

if he really leaves the UFC, he'll retire. i highly doubt he fights anyplace else, but maybe im wrong.

He cant leave. The exclusive contracts are the key to the UFC's power. If fightesr could just leave whenever they want, the UFC wouldnt have nearly the same power or ability to stiff arm people. Khabib can retire, thats it. Or he can get into a bloody contract war that he'll lose. His threat to leave was empty, although he can retire. But then people will just say he's scared to fight Conor again.
^^^THIS^^^

He would be passing that Baton to El Cucuy then.

Both guys are on 11 fight win streaks, and El Cucuy has been finishing more fights.

It's a tough call who is truly the best, til we see them actually fight each other.
Tony takes more damage in one fight than Khabib has his whole career. Just because he finishes fights doesn't mean it's anywhere close to how dominate Khabib has been.

Maybe I'm nostalgic, but Baby Jay Penn is the LW GOAT in my eyes. If Khabib beats El Cucuy, I may change my mind.

Leaves LOL!!

UFC contracts are ironclad.. Nobody gets out of them..

If Dana goes and obviously cuts guy(s) in question and not through some protracted proxy-war type of sneaky shit— I am 100% certain Khabib would leave the UFC.

If Khabib leaves the UFC, he takes with him the baton for the best LW in the world.
If Kebob leaves UFC, he takes with him the baton of a coward who ran away from Tony and many other top 10 fighters who will have been waiting on Kebob's heels for Kebob to man up and fight them, and his entire record would contain victories only over opponents who did not stylistically pose a threat to him.

Back