If Khabib gets injured/misses weight do we make Alvarez vs Lee for the interim?

Missing weight suggests non title bout.

Injured ... depends on the injury.

I don't expect the Khabib to flee his own belt like the last LW champ. Let's just chill and see how it goes.

Eddie or Dustin... 155 is so stacked. Whoever the champ is he will have his hands full with that top 5... Best division in MMA.

What if Khabib spreads his wings like an Eagle and flies off to the motherland. I mean really why hypothesize when there is not even a fight booked yet lol.
It hasn't even been three weeks. Most champs fight twice a year, give or take. But don't worry .. lots of WMMA to tide us over, lol.

IMO Conor signs to fight Khapullout and gets a late replacement.

To ignore the obvious that Conor is fighting Khabib next is beyond laughable.

If Khabib gets injured we award the belt to its rightful owner

UnimportantFeminineAmericangoldfinch.gif

I liked you better when you were in jail.

Too much maybes and "what if this", "what if that" in that question brah

I know this will never happen because its easier to market title fights, but I actually would prefer if there were no belts and people just fought. Everyone can just make up their own mind who is the best.

Conor definitely has the ability to throw a wrench in this but I agree, it’s not a crazy idea that Khabib misses weight again.

Agree also that Poirier is ahead of Eddie, I believe he was winning their fight handily before the miscue, but I could be mistaken.
Poirier was on his way to finishing Alvarez before he knee i feel. It's either him or Lee next for Khabib surely.

As we know Tony is injured(and likely to get injured again) and Khabib has missed weight/got injured in the past. Both of the top dogs are pretty unreliable, so its not farfetched at all to think this might happen. So with both out who fights for the interim? Or would it be interim interim? Eddie Alvarez vs Kevin Lee makes the most sense. Thats a tough fight that I think will start off even but Eddie will pull ahead late in the fight and KO Lee. Hwat dost thou think?

Possible..but i think Poirer /Eddie two makes more sense intrim wise due to unfinished business and kevin lee just fought and lost an intrim fight

Isn't the title vacated/stripped if a champion misses weight for a title fight?

Poirier was on his way to finishing Alvarez before he knee i feel. It's either him or Lee next for Khabib surely.

What??? Poirer came out strong agaisnt eddie for sure..but eddie was wrecking him before the knee..what fight were u watching if anything eddie was on his way to a TKO

at this point, might as well keep doing Interim Championships until someone similar to cody mckenzie captures the belt eventually after everyone's has gotten their shot..... maybe then conor will take the fight as the win percentage is nearly 100%

He's fought 2x in the last 5 months, and beat everyone in his path. This is a ridiculous thread.

Poirier is unworthy. Eddie was putting it on him, Eddie had a better performance against Gaejie and Eddie has the better overall resume. If anything you can replace Kevin Lee with Poirier.

We have two definite eras when the issue is belt retention.

Pre Connie
When champions defended or got injured and then people started complaining after 1 year or so.

And

Pos Connie
Where the Bozo got two belts. held then for at least a year each,while healthy,and got rightfully stripped of BOTH and now his fanboys start to complain as soon as anyone gets any belt and don’t defend in the the space of 15 minutes.

Smh.

Back