If Khabib gets injured/misses weight do we make Alvarez vs Lee for the interim?

Kassitus

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
As we know Tony is injured(and likely to get injured again) and Khabib has missed weight/got injured in the past. Both of the top dogs are pretty unreliable, so its not farfetched at all to think this might happen. So with both out who fights for the interim? Or would it be interim interim? Eddie Alvarez vs Kevin Lee makes the most sense. Thats a tough fight that I think will start off even but Eddie will pull ahead late in the fight and KO Lee. Hwat dost thou think?

Khabib's holding a paper belt, strip him if he doesnt defend within the year.

As we know Tony is injured(and likely to get injured again) and Khabib has missed weight/got injured in the past. Both of the top dogs are pretty unreliable, so its not farfetched at all to think this might happen. So with both out who fights for the interim? Or would it be interim interim? Eddie Alvarez vs Kevin Lee makes the most sense. Thats a tough fight that I think will start off even but Eddie will pull ahead late in the fight and KO Lee. Hwat dost thou think?
No, it's gotta be some guy who isn't even a LW fighting a guy who isn't even ranked in the top 10 as a lightweight fighting for the LW world championship belt. Is normal.

If Khabib gets injured we award the belt to its rightful owner

UnimportantFeminineAmericangoldfinch.gif

:rustled:

If one more person disrespects Poirier's name like this, I'm going to make an angry thread about it!

Alvarez has only beaten Gaethje since his infamous outing against Conor, why people believe he is close to a title shot is beyond me. Poirier/Tony/Lee are well ahead of Eddie

I think the entire top 10 should schedule a training camp for whenever Tony or Khabib is booked.

There isn't gonna be an Interim, nerds. Khabib will defend the belt later in the year (against Conor.)

Conor should fight whoever.

It will be hilarious to have him as interim If he wins

Conor definitely has the ability to throw a wrench in this but I agree, it’s not a crazy idea that Khabib misses weight again.

Agree also that Poirier is ahead of Eddie, I believe he was winning their fight handily before the miscue, but I could be mistaken.

I dont understand this paper champion nonsense. Khabib is the champion. If theres another imaginary champ out there why didn't they show up when Khabib fought? Obviously its because the belt is vacant. By that logic, Andre Ward is still the champion and Kovalev/Bivol/Beterbiev are paper champs. Shertards gonna shertard.

How about we don't debate who should get an interim title shot when the champion is in fact healthy and planning on defending the title in timely fashion?

What if Khabib spreads his wings like an Eagle and flies off to the motherland. I mean really why hypothesize when there is not even a fight booked yet lol.

can we have a one night LW tournament?

Khabib
Lee
Poirier
Conor
Tony
Alvarez

I'm assuming at least 2 of the 6 either get injured/won't return/miss weight, so the numbers work out

Back