If Khabib gets hit clean with a left hand, he might walk through it

His huge head looks durable, like it can take a shot.

Still, Bigfoot's huge head hasn't kept him from getting knocked out.

3moI.gif

yeah those guys are all great, but 4 of them survived to the bell. I don’t think khabib can stand 5 times with Conor without eating a left or 20..
But again the unknown may be that khabib truly does have a great chin. In that case I don’t see how Conor wins
Gotta say I love this stuff. Really looking forward to this one.

You're right, no man on earth can take a lot of clean shots from Conor. If Khabib can get the clinch eating a few jabs instead of the death touch straight left he can push the fight to the cage for a body lock. That's so much easier said than done though.

Something everybody overlooks is Conor doesn't really have one punch power. He usually has to hurt his opponent multiple times, this all favors Khabib.

Gotta say I love this stuff. Really looking forward to this one.

You're right, no man on earth can take a lot of clean shots from Conor. If Khabib can get the clinch eating a few jabs instead of the death touch straight left he can push the fight to the cage for a body lock. That's so much easier said than done though.
for sure I'm rooting for Conor here so I'm playing it up, but I would be foolish to say Khabib has no chance here, I truely think this fight is a pick em and I expect a war with both guys hugging and kissing each other in the end

Yes you could be right. If he takes one of those extremely accurate strikes, clean to the jaw and walks though it, he's got the chin of a rhino.

Something everybody overlooks is Conor doesn't really have one punch power. He usually has to hurt his opponent multiple times, this all favors Khabib.
This. Conor does not have the power to one punch KO people at LW. Even if he lands something on Khabib, there's a huge chance of Khabib just getting the clinch and taking him down even while being hurt.

EDIT: let's all remember the classic illustration of this scenario

nah khabob has no chin because
1) he spars at AKA with guys like DC and rockhold who beat the shit out of him
2) he's cut weight to the point of shutting his kidneys off so he has very little brain juice on fight night

ONE KISS (from conor's left hand) IS ALL IT TAKES

Conor does not have 1 shot ko power, his left hand is so overrated.

I don't even think its a given that McGregor just needs to land clean. Khabib hasn't shown that he's packing glass, quite the opposite. He took a good shot from Johnson and a nice kick from Barbosa.

McGregor did a lot of his work against smaller fighters than khabib.

I actually think McGregor could land a clean left hand on khabibs chin and khabib will just take him down anyway.
He was also hit many times in WW class by decent strikers. He took it without any problems. Like DC has said: "no way Khabib will be KO'ed by hand strike".

Conor doesn't fight like a brawler.. so we really don't know what his punching power is. He is lighter on his feet.. this is why he could hit Floyd too.. And why Floyd said Manny hit harder - because Manny uses conventional boxing footwork.

Well the unknown doesn't benefit Khabib here, how he reacts to getting hit is an unknown because he hasn't fought anybody that could hit him like Conor will.
Conor is a battle tested vet who has destroyed his contemporaries, Khabib has fought mostly bums who refuse to engage him..

I'll go with the tried and true product
But what is known is this: Conor didn't KO Diaz in 7 rounds, didn't KO Holloway in 3 rounds, didn't KO Duffy nor Sitenkov. So I think, Khabib is gonna be just alright.

Well the unknown doesn't benefit Khabib here, how he reacts to getting hit is an unknown because he hasn't fought anybody that could hit him like Conor will.
Conor is a battle tested vet who has destroyed his contemporaries, Khabib has fought mostly bums who refuse to engage him..

I'll go with the tried and true product

I agree. I actually want Khabib to win, but I put money on Conor in a friendly bet. That said, Conor has the huge advantage of having been in wars with Diaz, and tough fights with Mendes, and of course the boxing match with Floyd.

Conor knows the feeling of pain, fatigue, loss and frustration. Khabib always wins so he really is, untested. Mad props to Khabib for winning but still, it’s a very big unknown against an experienced pro who loves big fights and thrives under the spotlight.

No he's not a zombie like Diaz and even Diaz dropped 3 times
It's not that Conor hits all that hard, it's that he hits you when you don't see it coming and he's very accurate.

Diaz has been dropped many times in his career, it's his recovery that's great. Khabib hasn't been hit as much but we've never seen him hurt. Maybe he has a better chin than Diaz, who knows?

But what is known is this: Conor didn't KO Diaz in 7 rounds, didn't KO Holloway in 3 rounds, didn't KO Duffy nor Sitenkov. So I think, Khabib is gonna be just alright.
lmao really?
Because Khabib has the striking that Diaz does and Khabib is fighting Conor whose fighting just for the 7th time in his career lmao what a retarded thing to say

How do you know?

Diaz has been dropped by Guillard and Maynard and KO'd by Thomson. Khabib has never even been rocked
Don’t forget bendo slapped the shit out of him and knocked him down a few times

lmao really?
Because Khabib has the striking that Diaz does and Khabib is fighting Conor whose fighting just for the 7th time in his career lmao what a retarded thing to say
This just might blow your mind: Khabib has better defensive striking than Diaz.

Back