If Jones wasn't on PED's, can we say for sure that DC would have won?

7.62x39

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe if it went the distance. That head kick though definitely did not come from PED's. What's your thought on this? 1st fight? 2nd fight?

Of course we can't say that for sure. We also cant say for sure that Jones would have won, though, and Jones seems to believe that he wouldn't.

Jones seems to believe that he wouldn't.
This is way more important than people seem to realize. Strength, speed, and gas tank aside, everyone knows fighting is a huge portion mental. If Jones went in scared or hesitant a split second of pause before throwing a technique could have gotten him KO'd.

only his fans can say that dc would win couse they are delusional. jones beat him the first time and didnt test positive for anything. only dc and samo others say that he was on steroids without any proof at all

We'll never know.

All we do know is that Jon Jones felt like he needed them to win. That's it.

I really believe he didn't need it, think he's just insecure.

I can't say with 100% conviction that he would've beaten Jones, but I'm almost certain he would've beaten a clean Jones. Like the poster above me said. Fighting is largely mental, and without the confidence of knowing he's on PEDs, he wouldn't have the same belief, and that belief is the difference from throwing everything like it's second nature, and swcidn guessing things.

I have almost no doubts DC would've won if Jones wasn't on the juice.

No.

But it probably ends differently than the 3rd round head kick KO.

I can't say with 100% conviction that he would've beaten Jones, but I'm almost certain he would've beaten a clean Jones. Like the poster above me said. Fighting is largely mental, and without the confidence of knowing he's on PEDs, he wouldn't have the same belief, and that belief is the difference from throwing everything like it's second nature, and swcidn guessing things.

I have almost no doubts DC would've won if Jones wasn't on the juice.
tumblr_mu43u0cjmt1s82c3do1_400.gif

A lot of big 'if's' when we start playing the "If he wasn't on PED's game". Jon Jones has an incredible skill set, huge physical advantages such as an 84' reach, natural advantages far greater than DC, and yet DC arguably beat him for two rounds.

So answer this: What makes DC so amazing, that he can overcome the physical disadvantages, the skill disadvantages, the age disadvantages, the PED's and still win two rounds?

I think the answer is staring people smack bang in the face. Everyone's on something. It's just the nature of the game.

I think thats why this is so frustrating, because we know Jones does a lot of things right that have nothing to do with PEDs.

But who knows. DC was doing good those first two rounds, maybe without PEDs Jones can't fend him off and gets finished, maybe by round 3 he's too weak and tired to do anything and just gets taken down some more or maybe he only weighs 190 pounds and doesn't even fight at LHW.

Jones certainly didn't risk his career and his legacy, of shits and giggles

Its irrelevant and pointless to argue. The point is he cheated.

at that point, it's all speculation and hypothetical scenarios

The principle is Cormier didn't get a fair shot.

Hence why it's a fucked up situation. The fact that Cormier was going equal with Jones until the headkick just adds to the frustration. LHW is completely and utterly fucked now.

Champ whose had his image destroyed, and who took a bad concussion for no reason.

Literally like, two contenders. One of whom has already lost to both Jones and Cormier (and Rumble).

I think Jones has managed to fuck over more people than ever before this time.

Worst case scenario for jones would've been a multi million dollar trilogy fight with D.C. If we would've lost clean. He blew another win win situation

Back