If Jon Jones..

RichPerez01

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
moves to heavyweight, who should his first opponent be? I'd love to see him against a guy like Overeem or Cain Velasquez..

What do you guys think?

Cain V or Werdum, a guy who doesn't have immense 1-punch KO power.

In part just because he probably wouldn't accept one who does.

253 pounds Rampage, the loser loses driving license forever.

He recently said on Rogan's podcast that he has no plans to move up.

without roids, jones isn't going anywhere.

Tito vs Jones the loser gets jenna.......... Oh wait Tito retired....... Hmm....... Werdum vs Jones sounds enticing but I don't think Jones will move up

He said his body didnt grow as much as he thought it would when he talked about HW when he was younger.

Says if he can make the 205lb limit without a hard cut then why move up, just stay at 205 and break records.

Mighty Mouse recently said the same thing when asked about a 135lb match up.

Jones hasn't even looked dominant at LHW for a few years, I think hw would be rough for him

He said his body didnt grow as much as he thought it would when he talked about HW when he was younger.

Says if he can make the 205lb limit without a hard cut then why move up, just stay at 205 and break records.

Mighty Mouse recently said the same thing when asked about a 135lb match up.

Maybe wrong with jbj but a lot of guys that hit the gear and get massive gains quickly think they'll just continue on that way. They platue than bump it up for less result than take good advice and realise its not going to happen and cycle sensibly.

You than throw in a more stringent PED testing and an array of bad pr, well we can all see what that means. Yep no chance. The sad fact is after machida there hasn't been a legitimate lhw since we'll before the Tito era and I'm sure machida cut a little as well that's why he fought at hw when younger(220vsBJ I think)

Jones is a heavy weight, just as all the rest of the lhw roster. They all just a bit less fat and generally move around faster and more as they're fitter

Last edited:
He's terrified of HW. Needs his size, reach and leverage to win.

He talked about HW when LHW wasn't looking like much of a challenge.

Nowadays he's probably staying put.

moves to heavyweight, who should his first opponent be? I'd love to see him against a guy like Overeem or Cain Velasquez..

What do you guys think?
I love Jon Jones but lets be honest he beats up little fat men

A move to HW will be his real tests as where he should had been all along.

To answer the question, any HW, would have liked to see Struve and Jones but Struve is busy

Back