if jds gets the title back where does he rank on all time hw list?

Why do so many people rank Cain over JDS in all time HWs?

Cain beat JDS, sure. But JDS has a more diverse and more impressive resume and iirc has longer win streaks. JDS has one of the greatest win streaks in HW history.

More than a third of Cain's career wins are against the same 2 guys.

JDS fairs better against more HWs than Cain but Cain has his number.

Cain beat JDS, sure. But JDS has a more diverse and more impressive resume and iirc has longer win streaks. JDS has one of the greatest win streaks in HW history.

They rank him higher because of "potential."

my top 10 list goes:
Fedor
Nog
JDS
Werdum
Cain
Crocop
Reem
Randy
Mir
Stipe

Yeah, he would've beaten everyone he has ever fought technically. But nothing was convicing about the two times he got demolished by Cain.

To say he has beaten everyone he has fought is to imply that he avenged his loss to Cain, when in fact it is the other way around.

Yes, technically he beat a long lay off Cain. But to act like he got the better of Cain in any fashion after the last two contests is ignorance.

If he beat Stipe for the title again then what his resume is way better than Cains. It already is. Cain is 2-1 vs JDS. That is the only thing he has on him. Lots of people got the better of guys with better resumes.

Still standing too. Tough as nails
He was TKO-ed in R5

cain-velasquez-vs-junior-dos-santos-knockout.gif

Despite losing the trilogy, I firmly believe JDS has the better resume and should be ranked higher in all time accomplishments.

Really the big issue would be relative to Fedor, it would be tough to argue for JDS as the HW GOAT when he clearly came off second best to another fighter in his prime.

If he say beats Stipe then Overeem I do think he's getting close to Nog though.

Where would you rank jds' storied career if he successfully defeats STipe again and gets the strap back? Hes already ahead of CAin on my list but would that be enough to leap frog him over Nog with a title defense or two if that were to happen?
Top 3

In MMA, a fighter inherits all the accomplishments of an opponent that they defeat.

It's rather ridiculous, but many people see it that way.

Considering he fought in the bum era of mma HW it's hard to say but he will be top 5

Talent
1. Fedor
2. Cain
3. JDS

Resume
1. Fedor
2. JDS(If he wins)
3. Nog

I think Cain's talent was actually very well geared to beating JDS who's obviously very vulnerable to being chased down and beaten up against the cage.

You put Cain up against prime Fedor, Crocop, Sergei, Aleks, Arlovski, etc who had much more effective counter games than Jnr does and I think he takes several loses. Defencively he just isn't that good as we saw vs Werdum and before that vs Kongo, indeed if you look back to earlier fights like Rothwell and an aging Nog Cain was talking shots very early as well plus of course the JDS KO.

He's never really been tested against elite sub grappling either other than being subbed on a takedown by Werdum, hard to say how he does if he gets ontop of Nog or Fedor.

Resume wise, JDS is certainly the best HW the UFC has produced, and a case could be made for him taking the number two spot overall.

If he beats stipe, he wouldn't change rank. He is and still would be 6th

JDS has the better resume, but does anybody think Cain wouldn't have beat the same group of opponents? I honestly expect to see a healthy Cain come back and face Reem before rematching with Werdum.

Back