If JBJ wrecks DC, what will you think of his reign?

If DC loses he can always move up to heavyweight and take the title there. Then JBJ will take that from him too. JBJ 2 division champ in 3 years thus solidifying goat status.
If he can't beat Jones, how can he beat Stipe? And then what, retire when Cain comes into contention?

That being said, I think DC's title run has been more impressive than Jones at LHW: Rumble twice, Gustaffson and Andy....that is mind blowing when you think of it. Jones best Gus (not really) but has nothing on par with Rumble....not even close.

Anyway I have now decided I want Jones to win, because that raises the chance of seeing Rumble vs Jones. He'd come back for a title fight.

Jones haters will continue to claim that the only reason he wins is because of eye pokes, as if any sherdogger can go out and beat DC by poking at his eyes.

What is DC rekts JBJ? Then what will JBJ's legacy then be??

Juice head turkey? Only could win with dem roids?

This fight is only one fight for DC but a referendum on Jones' entire career and even existence. If he loses, his '0' is not only gone but he will be seen as a fraud.

That would be a totally different thread then, that you're more then welcome to start...

Criminal, drug addict, piss hot, can't drive, horrible taste in cars

No thanks. He can go bye bye.

That would be a totally different thread then, that you're more then welcome to start...
Bro, this is Sherdog. No thread in history is just answering OP question, but rather, Sherbros waxing and waning, trolling and rhetorting roughly on one of the subject brought up.

And I did answer the question, said that it would not affect DC's stock as he is seen currently as the lesser to Jones, having lost and all, but with Jones' pissing hot, this is a referendum on his entire existence and whole career.

What is DC rekts JBJ? Then what will JBJ's legacy then be??

Juice head turkey? Only could win with dem roids?

This fight is only one fight for DC but a referendum on Jones' entire career and even existence. If he loses, his '0' is not only gone but he will be seen as a fraud.
Dumb point to make, since it wont be Jon's last fight even if he does lose. If he goes on a losing streak and looks like shit, sure. If all he does is lose to another great fighter like DC, you can hardly make that point.

Dumb point to make, since it wont be Jon's last fight even if he does lose. If he goes on a losing streak and looks like shit, sure. If all he does is lose to another great fighter like DC, you can hardly make that point.
Well, he sure won't be seen as being the same fighter he was before. And with his previous accomplishments being under scrutiny and suspicion, a loss vs an even older DC will look terrible, regardless if it was just ring rust, a bad night or whatever. In the event he loses just watch to see what the narrative is, it will be exactly as I predicted. Silly to speculate past this fight as there are an infinite amount of variables, like DC could lose, but then somehow fight/beat Jones again and become a champ champ. I'm just talking directly after the fight, what the implications for a loss would be. And again, I think it is already seen as Jones is better of the two, so a loss would not really hurt DC anymore, but a loss for Jon with situational perspective is devastating.

Still a respectable regin. Him not beating a possible goat doesnt drop his stock imo. When it comes to DC the only thing that disapoints me is him moving out of HW bc of cain. At HW he has so many advantges and I think he beats every HW. At LHW hes very good, but his advantages he has at HW are gone. At LHW its 100% rely on wrestling. I dont think he beats Jones, but would love to be wrong on that guess.

Well, he sure won't be seen as being the same fighter he was before. And with his previous accomplishments being under scrutiny and suspicion, a loss vs an even older DC will look terrible, regardless if it was just ring rust, a bad night or whatever. In the event he loses just watch to see what the narrative is, it will be exactly as I predicted. Silly to speculate past this fight as there are an infinite amount of variables, like DC could lose, but then somehow fight/beat Jones again and become a champ champ. I'm just talking directly after the fight, what the implications for a loss would be. And again, I think it is already seen as Jones is better of the two, so a loss would not really hurt DC anymore, but a loss for Jon with situational perspective is devastating.

Directly after the fight, in the event of a loss to DC, there will be a tremendous amount of Sherdog-style panic, hyperbole, and sweeping conclusions. Lots of noise, but nothing meaningful. Whether or not Jon's legacy endures will depend on how he does in broader scope. If he looks like trash here and loses, but wins his following fight dramatically and ends up retaking the title, then his legacy will be fine. If he loses here then starts looking mediocre in the future, then we can start making such statements.

Basing everything on one fight against an elite opponent after a long layoff is stupid.

Styles make match ups. Jones would just be his kryptonite then, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Criminal, drug addict, piss hot, can't drive, horrible taste in cars

No thanks. He can go bye bye.
Still the GOAT as a fighter

Who gives a shit about what he does outside of the cage, he can be a shitty role model but still the greatest fighter! You can dislike him but u can't deny his accomplishments

For god sake... People! We r in the fight business... Not like we are selecting the next president

As of right now he doesn't have a reign he blew it..this will be the beginning of a reign if he wins

Jones is the GOAT IMO. Cormier is arguably second in that conversation. So #1 beating #2 doesn't really change a whole lot.

Back