If I were Frank Warren I would choose an American opponent

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
to add some interest to Tyson Fury's comeback. Given the fact that his comeback fight on June 9th is all about him and the expectations are not that high it is all about his performance and not necessarily the caliber of opponent. However I would match him against a competitive opponent with a credible record on paper and against an Amercian. Keep in mind that this fight will only be closely scrutinized by boxing forum posters and boxing insiders but the greater general sports public will watch out of curiosity.

-John Wesley Nofire
-Joe Hanks
-or maybe even pull David "Nino" Rodriguez out of retiremnet (who has been out the same length of time)

Right, if he fights any of them it will be a fucking disgrace, i have absolutely no idea who any of them are, he may as well fight Chisora again to get sharp rather than people like that

Let him f8ght a total scrub.. I don't care who he fights but its definitely good for the heavy weight division.

Dimitrenko would be perfect:
  • Experienced and reasonably well-known.
  • Similar frame to Joshua and Wilder.
  • Very beatable at this point.

I suspect it will be Shannon Briggs though, which will be fun, but won't teach us anything.

Last edited:
Right, if he fights any of them it will be a fucking disgrace, i have absolutely no idea who any of them are, he may as well fight Chisora again to get sharp rather than people like that

Maybe before you reply you should check them out and remember that the promoter has to look to the future and not just satisfy a handful of boxing forum posters. Like I said this fight is just to see what Fury has and is capable of. . . .at the same time he must fight a credible record to create a scenario to build Tyson toward a mega match with either Joshua or Wilder. Secondly, the idea is to include an American for even greater interest.

Call up BJ Flores, he is remarkably ranked by the WBA and just a blown up cruiser...this is a throw-away match to check his conditioning and reflexes.

Call up BJ Flores, he is remarkably ranked by the WBA and just a blown up cruiser...this is a throw-away match to check his conditioning and reflexes.

not a bad idea

Back