If I Bet 10,000 On A -175 Favorite, How Much Do I Win?

I understand how betting odds work, the math of this particular bet were just a little confusing. It was easier to just come on here and ask.
But you don't understand it, or you would have been able to apply the exact same understanding to a $10000, a $100, or a $175 bet at -175 odds. Like others have said, don't play around with $10000 stakes if you can't wrap your head around the most rudimentary betting principles, it's a recipe for disaster.

But you don't understand it, or you would have been able to apply the exact same understanding to a $10000, a $100, or a $175 bet at -175 odds. Like others have said, don't play around with $10000 stakes if you can't wrap your head around the most rudimentary betting principles, it's a recipe for disaster.

I do understand it, it's more complicated when someone is the favorite and you're betting as much as 10k, so ya.

I do understand it, it's more complicated when someone is the favorite and you're betting as much as 10k, so ya.

It's literally the same formula lol. Just pretend you are betting $100 and move the decimal two spots.

I'm still learning the intricacies of how betting odds work + I can't do math in my head. Somebody help me out.

use decimal odds they are much easier to work out than inferior US ones.

I wonder if american odds are intentionally confusing in order to screw dummies out of their bling bling.

Cant think of any other reason for it.

Why not just say "+35% return" or something?

this guy get's it...

Decimal odds suck. American odds are superior because they tell you what you win, not what you get returned to you including your own money back.

How much you win isn't as important as handicapping the fight and deciding if you are willing possibly to lose that much money. -175 isn't a huge favorite and an upset is certainly possible, especially in the HW division. How confident are you in Stipe?

Decimal odds suck. American odds are superior because they tell you what you win, not what you get returned to you including your own money back.

Yeah but it's much easier to work out fav's with decimals making them superior in general. especially in scenarios where you need to work out profit quickly when live betting, it's easy to subtract stake from the amount with underdogs if you use even stakes also or just take 1.0 of the price of the underdog to make it easier if your bets are random amounts.

Back