If Holly ko's Cyborg

Even though she beat Ronda, Ronda still accomplished more at bantamweight. Even if she beats Cyborg, Cyborg will still have accomplished more at featherweight. Holm could beat both fighters and still be less accomplished than them. When you beat a fighter you don't get their accomplishments. You have to do that shit on your own.

Ronda was destroyed twice. Not just beaten. Destroyed, in her prime.

And if everyone is going to disqualify Jon Jones for GOAT for being popped for steroids, then the same has to apply to Cyborg. Cyborg is a good opponent to have on your record if you beat, but she herself will never be GOAT.

It's between Rousey and Joanna at the moment. Rousey's case is kind of weak because of being destroyed when the opposition began getting better. And Joanna had a strong case till Thug Rose destroyed her. So there is an opening for Holly.

Last edited:
Is there a reason you're typing in all caps?

'She was also out of her element' Yeah, that's an explanation for why she looked awful. But it doesn't change the fact that she looked awful.

Cool story bro......but it doesnt change the fact you always look awful on Sherdog

She took the fight to test herself against a KNOWN tough fighter (Baars). She was also out of her element as IT WASNT an MMA fight.

By the way, Cyborg's primary discipline is Muay Thai and she's had at least two previous Muay Thai bouts. Why was she out of her element? Sure, she's nowhere near as experienced, but it's not like this is her first rodeo.

Cool story bro......but it doesnt change the fact you always look awful on Sherdog
Okay.

The WMMA GOAT is Megumi Fujii.......but when Cyborg passes her win streak along with having 3 titles from 3 major MMA orgs she will without a doubt be the GOAT.

Megumi Fujii 26-3, 19 subs. Won 22 before losing.

No, she wasn't robbed. It was a close fight that she lost. You're only saying that because you're a fan of hers and dislike de Randamie.

Again, when you beat a fighter you don't take on their accomplishments as your own. She has to go on her own run to even be considered. Even with a win shed still be 2-3 her last 5.

Your boxing comparisons are ludicrous. Ali and Sugar Ray went on massive win streaks and almost all of their losses are because they kept fighting out of their prime.

She was robbed. It was a close fight, but De Randamie should have had several points deducted for punching Holm after the bell repeatedly. It was a corrupt decision and poor officiating, and several Pros and MMA journalists agreed. It has nothing to do with being a Holm fan. She was very clearly robbed of the featherweight title.

Is she the wmma GOAT?
LOL
Obviously not.
Holm lost 3 straight. In her prime.

And same way Matt Mitrione is not GOAT for KO'ing Fedor, it is stupid to even consider a fighter for beating one other fighter to make him GOAT.

Check all usual suspects (Fedor, GSP, Silva, Jones)... they ALL have a long reign of domination throughout their prime.
Holm didn't even deserve this fight against Cyborg, if the UFC wouldn't have fucked up so royally in this (new) division.
This is the same kind of aberration fight like Jon & Sonnen...

If Holm beats Cyborg, se will win a belt she didn't deserve... much like Bisping did by beating Luke.

Megumi Fujii 26-3, 19 subs. Won 22 before losing.
Just wanted to add that Cyborg has 3 titles from 3 different orgs... Strikeforce, Invicta, and UFC so that guy's requirement of GOAT is almost reached.

She'll definitely have the two biggest wins in WMMA history, but her overall body of work is too inconsistent and average to really justify calling her the GOAT.

Just wanted to add that Cyborg has 3 titles from 3 different orgs... Strikeforce, Invicta, and UFC so that guy's requirement of GOAT is almost reached.

The whole steroid thing sort of puts Cyborg out of the GOAT running. She's just a great name to have on your resume if you can beat her, but there's no telling how much roids changed her strength level to give her a permanent advantedge. And Roids often do change women permenantly.

LOL
Obviously not.
Holm lost 3 straight. In her prime.

And same way Matt Mitrione is not GOAT for KO'ing Fedor, it is stupid to even consider a fighter for beating one other fighter to make him GOAT.

Check all usual suspects (Fedor, GSP, Silva, Jones)... they ALL have a long reign of domination throughout their prime.
Holm didn't even deserve this fight against Cyborg, if the UFC wouldn't have fucked up so royally in this (new) division.
This is the same kind of aberration fight like Jon & Sonnen...

If Holm beats Cyborg, se will win a belt she didn't deserve... much like Bisping did by beating Luke.

Holm would have won the featherweight title already if the Ref and Judges did their jobs correctly and deducted the points for De Randemie hitting after the bell repeatedly. Those points made the difference, so Holly got robbed of a championship fight she should have won.

The "3 straight losses" ignores context like being robbed by judges and the ref in a title fight. That's bad luck, not Holm being an unworthy fighter.

Last edited:
And looked awful doing it.

HdMCSu7.gif

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars.gif

Anyways, it's not like Baars is some sort of KO artist. Her last five opponents -- all no names -- have taken her to a decision.

I love when people bring up the Jorina Baars fight! Cyborg took everything she had dished out and still came forward and was getting stronger as the fight went on. Holm on the other hand doesn't take punches well as you can see in this fight.

redirect

Cyborg will crush Holm like a bug and will make it look easy.

I love when people bring up the Jorina Baars fight! Cyborg took everything she had dished out and still came forward and was getting stronger as the fight went on. Holm on the other hand doesn't take punches well as you can see in this fight.

redirect

Cyborg will crush Holm like a bug and will make it look easy.

Neat story. Cyborg still lost four of five rounds.

No, she'd still be a boring point-fighting, counter fighter with a few finishes.

Holm would have won the featherweight title already if the Ref and Judges did their jobs correctly and deducted the points for De Randemie hitting after the bell repeatedly. Those points made the difference, so Holly got robbed of a championship fight she should have won.

The "3 straight losses" ignores context like being robbed by judges and the ref in a title fight. That's bad luck, not Holm being an unworthy fighter.
Sorry, but no.
If they'd have deducted ONE point (for the second time, as they would NOT deduct it the first time she did it), it would be a tie.
It would (at least) not have gotten the biggest duck of UFC's history (well, for the female divisions - Bisping got that locked for male divisions).

It would still count against Holy and her pursuit for GOAT.

and I am sorry, but the other two fights were terrible losses for Holm.

Don't get me wrong, I like her. But you are trying too hard to defend her.
She went to sleep against Tate, and then humiliated by Valentina

JJ has a way better resume, won more decisively and even after her loss, she is closer to GOAT than Holm.
Heck, even Ronda has a bigger claim than Holm.

One win will not turn her GOAT. (it can be the turning point, but she still has a BIG way ahead of her to surpass those women.

And looked awful doing it.

HdMCSu7.gif

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars.gif

Anyways, it's not like Baars is some sort of KO artist. Her last five opponents -- all no names -- have taken her to a decision.

She did way better in a MT fight against the best female MT fighter than Future LW Champ, Will Brooks, did against Nik Lentz in MMA

Doesn't matter. I stated a fact. Cyborg looked awful.

You stated an opinion, dumbass

Sorry, but no.
If they'd have deducted ONE point (for the second time, as they would NOT deduct it the first time she did it), it would be a tie.
It would (at least) not have gotten the biggest duck of UFC's history (well, for the female divisions - Bisping got that locked for male divisions).

It would still count against Holy and her pursuit for GOAT.

and I am sorry, but the other two fights were terrible losses for Holm.

Don't get me wrong, I like her. But you are trying too hard to defend her.
She went to sleep against Tate, and then humiliated by Valentina

JJ has a way better resume, won more decisively and even after her loss, she is closer to GOAT than Holm.
Heck, even Ronda has a bigger claim than Holm.

One win will not turn her GOAT. (it can be the turning point, but she still has a BIG way ahead of her to surpass those women.

I'm not trying hard at all. If a 5th round choke and a scorecard decision count as "terrible losses" to you, then we simply disagree on what the definition of a terrible loss is. Tapping to strikes in the 1st round is a terrible loss. Being brutalized for 2 rounds before succumbing to a headkick is a terrible loss.

Holm has had mild losses by comparison. You are oveplaying the severity of her losses. Getting choked out in the 1st round is humiliating. Getting choked out in the 5th while winning is being highly competitive.

I'm not agreeing that Holm beating Cyborg makes Holm GOAT. I've said several times that in addition to that, she"s need at least a couple of successul title defenses.

Back