If Holloway loses, does he deserve a rubber match?

I think it depends how he loses. If it's one sided, no. If it's a controversial or even close decision, particulalry if it's very entertaining, there will be a case for it

"Aldo wins:
Aldo vs Swanson/Ortega winner
Holloway vs Edgar or Korean Zombie

Holloway wins:
Holloway vs Edgar
Aldo vs Stephens

simple as that"

Regardless of how Aldo were to win I'd rather see Holloway x Edgar as a title eliminator.

He does...if Conor doesn't wanna fight Aldo...or if there are contenders that back out due to injuries, etc like Frankie did.

well Aldo got chance after being KO'd so I guess trilogy could be neat tbh, but first Jose has to win

He does...if Conor doesn't wanna fight Aldo...or if there are contenders that back out due to injuries, etc like Frankie did.

It would be bad for McGregor's image and legacy to brutally KO Aldo again.

He would certainly deserve it, but i doubt they'd do an immediate 3rd fight between them. 3 of the same fight booked in a row? don't think they've ever done that.
Aldo wins:
Aldo vs Cub/Ortega winner
Max vs Frankie

Yes he'll get an immediate rematch. Frankie vs Aldo 3 isn't happening. Holloway would get the shot over Cub because Holloway smoked Cub already.

Maybe if Ortega gets a crazy slick finish he might get the nod is Aldo embarrasses Holloway.

All this is crazy though imo because Aldo couldn't get a rematch with McGregor for the 145 title.

And before a McGregor nut gargler says Aldo was offered the rematch and turned it down the conditions were the fight was going to be at 155, non title and Aldo was literally 2 days off medical suspension when RDA got injured. That's would have been setting him up for failure.

Personally, I don't like immediate rematches. This would be 3 fights in a row, which would be absurd. I understand the argument in favor of Max getting a shot, especially since Aldo is being given an immediate title shot, but I vote no. Aldo should not have been given this title shot after being obliterated by Max. Let's not compound that error by making another immediate rematch.

Back