If Gus gets brutally KTFO again in Sweden?

I think he might stick around because he really hasn't had many fights after he became a big name and the division is shallow. I don't know how much he makes, but it must be decent at this point.

He makes 10k from Reebok each fight boi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sponsorship money is too good for him to retire.

This is an understatement. I was just looking at his resume the other day and was like wtf

2017: 0 fights so far
2016: 1 fight
2015: 2 fights
2014: 1 fight
2013: 1 fight
2012: 2 fights

If the fight on Sat happens then we're looking at 8 fights in 6 years (assuming he doesn't fight again this year). Gus is one of my favorite LHWs to watch but now I realize why I always forget he even exists

Yeah exactly. I'm not sure what happened. Injuries and bad timing. He does get into some wars, so maybe it's not so bad with brakes once in a while.

That would totally suck.
I might get depressed if that happen.
Also LMAO all comments on swedish fans.
I can say that swedish MMA-fans wasn't happy when Rumble beat Gustafsson and won't be happy if Glover wins.
But I don't blame you for thinking the way you do.

I think he won't retire now, AJ retire to grow marijuana lol. He almost beat the champ and DC. Which I think them two don't want no part of Gus. Specially j.j., j.j. was ducking letting UFC sign part two with Gus.

He'll probably cover up that dumb tattoo, but I doubt he'd retire. The dudes a very good fighter. Even if he loses to Tex, he's top 10, and will always be able to anchor European cards.
Gustafsson's greatest opponent has always been himself - the heart and mind. Skills are only a potential if the will is shaky.

TS, I reckon he's done if this goes south for him in any bad fashion.

If Gus loses he is done. There would literally be nowhere for him to go in the division having lost to 4 of the top 5 at LHW.

Glover has not looked great his last few fights, I'll be surprised if Gus loses this fight

Not to get all political up on here, but Sweden would send him to Trump to be his butler or something.

But in all honesty, Gus has looked much better in the cage than glover has in recent times. I think gus wins easy. Whose the betting favourite?

This is an easy win for Gus. He gave Jones and Cormier their toughest fights (other than Jones for Cormier) and has only lost to the top 3 LHW (and his fight with Jones was razor close) and a distant loss to the human blanket, Phil Davis.

He is the biggest threat to Jones or DC especially now with Rumble gone.

It should be a comfortable win but i don't think Gus is mentally strong and the hometown pressure will most likely make him underperform.

Back