If GSP wanted only money, he would come back for a fight against Conor at WW, not Bisp at MW, right?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Why didn´t they go for GSP vs Conor at WW 1st? Any ideas?

Conor is going for his 3rd fight at WW, I´m sure the UFC wouldn´t object a fight against GSP if all the parts involved wanted to....

so I guess if GSP wanted ONLY money and nothing else, a fight against Conor at WW would make more sense....... and it would be less dangerous than fighting Bisping, for obvious reasons. So what does GSP really want?

But maybe they think it´s too risky for Conor, since they don´t know what GSP wil show up when he comes back.
But if Bisping embarrasses GSP, I´m not sure that would help making Conor vs GSP down the road.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
If it was for the title yeah.

Would be hilarious in a way. Set the fight up and just tell woodley it's for the belt since he was just holding it since George left and since he never lost the belt he could fight Conor in a 170 title fight. Lol

Would it draw more and make more money. Yes. Does George have any interest in fighting @ WW anymore? I don't think so

Conor needs to challenge Wood for the belt after he beats Nate.

Only way George goes to WW again.

I can see him actually thinking about 205 after whitiker if he wins that too.

He wants to challenge himself. So he's going for a belt in a higher weight class I don't think he really cares who's holding it

Nah, GSP beats Bisping by boring wrestlefuck and then Conor will come for that MW belt.

82e42b0e76cb8b7c9ef13fa748a067ce.png

If it was for the title yeah.

Would be hilarious in a way. Set the fight up and just tell woodley it's for the belt since he was just holding it since George left and since he never lost the belt he could fight Conor in a 170 title fight. Lol

Would it draw more and make more money. Yes. Does George have any interest in fighting @ WW anymore? I don't think so

Conor needs to challenge Wood for the belt after he beats Nate.

Only way George goes to WW again.

I can see him actually thinking about 205 after whitiker if he wins that too.

He wants to challenge himself. So he's going for a belt in a higher weight class I don't think he really cares who's holding it
Are you suggesting GSP would have the balls to fight Cormier? No way, dude. He´s gonna beat Bisping, defend against Whittaker and see what happens from there. Cormier would probably be the only guy he wouldn´t be able to lnp to a 50-45 UD.
99fc4adaa52f60873e180cccbc03893a

Why didn´t they go for GSP vs Conor at WW 1st? Any ideas?

Conor is going for his 3rd fight at WW, I´m sure the UFC wouldn´t object a fight against GSP if all the parts involved wanted to....

so I guess if GSP wanted ONLY money and nothing else, a fight against Conor at WW would make more sense....... and it would be less dangerous than fighting Bisping, for obvious reasons. So what does GSP really want?

But maybe they think it´s too risky for Conor, since they don´t know what GSP wil show up when he comes back.
But if Bisping embarrasses GSP, I´m not sure that would help making Conor vs GSP down the road.

Thoughts?

Because neither GSP nor Conor is the WW champ

Are you suggesting GSP would have the balls to fight Cormier? No way, dude. He´s gonna beat Bisping, defend against Whittaker and see what happens from there. Cormier would probably be the only guy he wouldn´t be able to lnp to a 50-45 UD.
99fc4adaa52f60873e180cccbc03893a

Yes I doubt he's scared of his wrestling.

He´s still fighting Nate and neither are champ. it´s just money fight, so why not?
If there isn't a belt on the line GSP isn't doing it and especially in the class he is the goat of that left with the belt hahaha

Why the ever fucking fuck would he fight Conor @ 70 with no belt on the line makes zero zero fucking sense.

He wants maximum profit. He knows whether he wins or loses at MW against Bisping he can pull the he was too big and its not my division card. After that fight the UFC would not hesitate to pair him up against Conor.

If there isn't a belt on the line GSP isn't doing it and especially in the class he is the goat of that left with the belt hahaha

Why the ever fucking fuck would he fight Conor @ 70 with no belt on the line makes zero zero fucking sense.
I´ll give you millions of reasons.

He wants maximum profit. He knows whether he wins or loses at MW against Bisping he can pull the he was too big and its not my division card. After that fight the UFC would not hesitate to pair him up against Conor.
But if Bisping totally embarrassess him and knocks him the fuck out, it would look reeeeeeeally bad, don´t you think?

He has enough money he's not doing this for the money solely at this point.

He has enough money he's not doing this for the money solely at this point.
I think he has really good money, but not a millionaire to the point of ignoring a red panty night money. Anyways, that´s what I said in the title, it´s probably more than just money for him. He is always speaking about his legacy. Which is also why i think he´s coming back confident he´ll be able to perform at that level.

But if Bisping totally embarrassess him and knocks him the fuck out, it would look reeeeeeeally bad, don´t you think?

He's been embarrassed before by a LW and his popularity remained the same. Fighting at a higher weight after being gone for a while gives him plenty of excuses.

GSP made $12,000,000 in a couple fights.

Even today, those are amazing numbers.

Based off that, I think he's still interested in testing himself.

Back