If GSP demanded to fight Askren do you think the UFC would do it?

If GSP demanded Askren would the UFC make the fight happen?

• Total voters
Not unless Askren signs an exclusive deal with the UFC, nobody gets a shot at top talent without that.

I do wonder just how big a draw Askren could be in the US though, I mean he's well reguarded by hardcore fans but has never really had big exposure.

Askren was getting murdered by Santos before the fight got ended stupidly.

Yeah, he stuffed a takedown and barely landed a crane kick on the body. It was just a massacre. Stop.

Breakfast buffet Santos then ducked Askren and then ruined whatever hype he built up against god knows who. He knew he had nothing for Funky and tried to ride a what could’ve been to more lucrative pay checks. All down the tubes when he proved frightened of Ben Askren.

Yeah, he stuffed a takedown and barely landed a crane kick on the body. It was just a massacre. Stop.

Breakfast buffet Santos then ducked Askren and then ruined whatever hype he built up against god knows who. He knew he had nothing for Funky and tried to ride a what could’ve been to more lucrative pay checks. All down the tubes when he proved frightened of Ben Askren.

frightened of a guy who couldn't land takedowns on him (the only part of his game that's any good)

interesting.

let me guess, you think it takes more energy to sprawl than it does to shot a double too don't you?

Yup. It was always known whoever beat Askren would get a golden ticket from the UFC. Santos took it to the extreme and tried to cash in just for being ahead on the scorecards for less than a minute and a half of a 5 round fight lol

frightened of a guy who couldn't land takedowns on him (the only part of his game that's any good)

interesting.

let me guess, you think it takes more energy to sprawl than it does to shot a double too don't you?

Doesn't matter which takes more energy when one starts with a full tank (Askren) and the other has one round worth of gas but is expected to go 5 rounds.

The Swedish Man Askren just made short work of yet again proved Santos is a 1st round front runner that gases when the fight last a round.

Nobody knows who Askren is. He's fought cans his entire career in a bush league. Askren is the flavor of the week now. Why? 90 percent of this "hardcore" forum has never seen him fight. He's supposed to get a title shot against GSP? Why do I dignify these threads?

The question isn't would GSP demand it. Its more about how much power do you think he has; knowing that if they say 'no' he can simply retire at a time with little star power.

Then my answer would be I don't think so, Dana and the UFC have nothing to gain from this fight. I don't see why GSP would want to fight Askren either.

Then my answer would be I don't think so, Dana and the UFC have nothing to gain from this fight. I don't see why GSP would want to fight Askren either.

Before the Conor era went into full effect I would have agreed with you. I think he broke down a wall for future superstars.

I don't think they would. Its only hardcores diehards wanna see this fight. Sure they could sell it but its gonna be nothing like Bisping or someone else he could fight instead. And if Askren wins it blows up in the UFC's face hardcore. I'd love to see it,but beause GSP asks? no way. Id like to see them bring Askren in and see him beat some guys and then it could happen...

That popular fighters (even champs) can pick their opponents to levels previously not scene.
GSP wants to make money. GSP wants to improve his legacy.You think a no name unproven wrestler with no UFC record should jump the line to fight one of the GOAT's for the title? Fuck you.

GSP wants to make money. GSP wants to improve his legacy.You think a no name unproven wrestler with no UFC record should jump the line to fight one of the GOAT's for the title? Fuck you.
Put down the bottle or learn how to read. Now fuck off Toranaga

Edit: to help you out the question is could GSP make it happen not would GSP want to make it happen

Problem is Askren is a risk fight and GSP has other "stock market" options.....

- Defending MW belt
- Challenging Woodly
- Nate diaz
- Connor Macgregor

Problem is Askren is a risk fight and GSP has other "stock market" options.....

- Defending MW belt
- Challenging Woodly
- Nate diaz
- Connor Macgregor

Agreed its not likely GSP would want it. I could see him trying to avoid Whittaker. Maybe want to avoid Woodley too.

Problem is Diaz and McGregor are fights he would want before hand that he wouldn't try to avoid and make him more money so long as the ufc can reach a money deal with either of them.

More curious on seeing how much poll people think GSP has in terms of naming an opponent and if he could even name one the UFC would prefer not to sign.

Back