If GSP beats Bisping will your opinion of him change?

I'll be impressed, but it wouldn't change my opinion. It would change my opinion if he wins then defends against someone like Rockhold. If by some miracle he pulled that off he might overtake Jones in my GOAT list.

Still. He has a belt at a higher weight division. And maybe he's not top 5 though I would disagree. Still he's a very capable fighter who has beaten very good and great fighters. It would be hard not to give him serious props. It would be a much more meaningful win than any of Anderson's fights at LHW. Bisping is a big guy. It would be hard to overlook a victory over him.

Forrest was a champ too and had wins over Prime Shogun and Rampage. Bisping doesn't have wins that good.

Bisping is a soft target when you are talking about the upper echelon of middleweights.

The 45 year old, retiring, multi-year losing streak, THIRTEENTH ranked middleweight nearly murdered him, in his last fight.

That's true, but Hendo completely flatlined Lombard the fight before. So it's not like Hendo is a scrub.

Forrest was a champ too and had wins over Prime Shogun and Rampage. Bisping doesn't have wins that good.

The Anderson fight was close but still a huge win for him. And though the Rockhold win was somewhat fluky, he still knocked him out. And Rockhold is probably the number 1 MW in the world still. And while those are huge wins for Forrest, I was never particularly impressed with him and believe Bisping is a much better overall fighter.

I'm one of those guys who never thought Bisping was great, and I think GSP at this point is an unproven contender. Even though Bisping is the champ, whatever happens won't change my opinion of either fighter. If Bisping wins, he beats a rusty has-been. If GSP wins, he beats a guy who has been kind of lucky, and will probably lose his next fight against a real contender.

In general the UFC sucks at honoring the ranking system, so everyone has their own opinion about who is the best in each division. That is a great way to become irrelevant as a "sport".

That's true, but Hendo completely flatlined Lombard the fight before. So it's not like Hendo is a scrub.

I didn't say he was a scrub.

I said he was a 45 year old, retiring, multi-year career skid, thirteenth ranked middleweight.

Hector Lombard hasn't won a fight since 2014. Neigh Magny of all people knocked him out in his fight before Hendo, and a sloppy fat Hendricks easily beat him in the fight after.

Only if he gets a finish. I started disliking GSP when he started skirting through his fights. He basically gave up being an exciting fighter to be safe. I understand the logic in this but it is still suppose to be entertainment and GSP has not been entertaining since he took the belt back from Serra.

The Anderson fight was close but still a huge win for him. And though the Rockhold win was somewhat fluky, he still knocked him out. And Rockhold is probably the number 1 MW in the world still. And while those are huge wins for Forrest, I was never particularly impressed with him and believe Bisping is a much better overall fighter.

Rockhold is not Prime Shogun or Prime Page. Not even close. Anderson is 40 it doesn't mean that much anymore and he got flash KO'd in that fight.

I didn't say he was a scrub.

I said he was a 45 year old, retiring, multi-year career skid, thirteenth ranked middleweight.

Hector Lombard hasn't won a fight since 2014. Neigh Magny of all people knocked him out in his fight before Hendo, and a sloppy fat Hendricks easily beat him in the fight after.

Bisping is probably a soft target to some, but I personally feel he would do well against Romero and Whittaker. I feel Bisping is underrated because he has some of the best hands in the UFC with great TDD to go with it.

Rockhold is not Prime Shogun or Prime Page. Not even close. Anderson is 40 it doesn't mean that much anymore and he got flash KO'd in that fight.

The thing with the Forrest comparison though is that he wasn't a champion when Anderson beat him, so it's not the same situation. That was more like an exhibition.

And wasn't Shogun coming off a knee surgery when Forrest beat him?

The only thing I would've liked to have seen from GSP was a more well rounded striking game. Towards the end of his career he relied too much on the jab and Superman punch. He wouldn't string combos together and just throw single distance strikes.

He use to have a great kicking game, but he got away from it towards the end of his career. Although, his greatest success on the feet against Hendricks was with his kicks, so maybe he'll go back to it. I've seen and heard a lot about Him going back to his karate roots these past few years, so let's hope to see some of that evolution in his striking.

Bisping is probably a soft target to some, but I personally feel he would do well against Romero and Whittaker. I feel Bisping is underrated because he has some of the best hands in the UFC with great TDD to go with it.

Romero and Whittaker are head-and-shoulders above Bisping. Those would not be competitive fights.

Almost as a rule, Bisping has spent his entire career dropping fights to ranked fighters. The UFC has always given him lower tier guys to beat and recover after losses, but he's come up short literally every time other than his second fight with Luke.

Romero and Whittaker are head-and-shoulders above Bisping. Those would not be competitive fights.

Almost as a rule, Bisping has spent his entire career dropping fights to ranked fighters. The UFC has always given him lower tier guys to beat and recover after losses, but he's come up short literally every time other than his second fight with Luke.

Well the first title shot he got, he was able to win the title. That has to mean something. Also I do believe in the saying that champions become 20% better. A win over a belt-holding Bisping would mean something.

I'll be impressed, but it wouldn't change my opinion. It would change my opinion if he wins then defends against someone like Rockhold. If by some miracle he pulled that off he might overtake Jones in my GOAT list.

This Rockhold?

tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo3_500.gif

771919944.gif

I actually like Rockhold more than bisping, but people who are belittling Bisping and acting like he's easy pickings need to stop simultaneously putting Rockhold on a pedastal and acting like he's a much tougher fight than Bisping—Bisping finished Rockhold easily, and they're 1 and 1 against each other.

Bisping and Whittaker are the guys to beat at MW right now. Not Rockhold, and not Romero.

Well the first title shot he got, he was able to win the title. That has to mean something. Also I do believe in the saying that champions become 20% better. A win over a belt-holding Bisping would mean something.

It is far harder to go on a win streak, beat your peers in the top 5 and win a title eliminator, then to lose every title eliminator you've ever had, lose every top 5 opponent you've ever had, and make the most out of a late-replacement title shot you didn't earn.

They are not comparable.

Romero and Whittaker would not be competitive fights with Bisping.

FFS Hendo was in a career spiral for years, getting absolutely murked by Moose and Belfort, and he nearly murdered Bisping at 45 years old, in his retirement fight.

Last edited:
This Rockhold?

tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo3_500.gif

771919944.gif

I actually like Rockhold more than bisping, but people who are belittling Bisping and acting like he's easy pickings need to stop simultaneously putting Rockhold on a pedastal and acting like he's a much tougher fight than Bisping—Bisping finished Rockhold easily, and they're 1 and 1 against each other.

Bisping and Whittaker are the guys to beat at MW right now. Not Rockhold, and not Romero.

I like Rockhold but the dude has no defense. His chin is questionable too since hes the only guy Bisping knocked out cold.

FFS Bisping was in a career spiral for years, getting absolutely murked by Moose and Belfort, and he nearly murdered Bisping at 45 years old, in his retirement fight.

{<huh}

I wish that fight happened.

Bisping is underrated and it would be a great win for GSP. My opinion wouldn't change much though because GSP is a legit GOAT candidate.

Wins are wins. At least give Bisping credit for his heart and perserverance. They're very admirable traits imo.

That Bisping-Silva fight was still a great fight.

{<huh}

I wish that fight happened.

Sorry Hendo.....

Hendo was in a career spiral, getting murked by Moose and Belfort.

Then he nearly murdered Bisping in his retirement fight

Back