If fedor was using in pride, wouldn't he of been caught in sambo?

As I mentioned in another thread, Fedor fighting without drug testing doesn't hurt his claim to GOAT, it helps.

- If he was using, everyone else was as well so that makes it an even playing field. That also means that fighters were at their best.

- If he was clean, we know others were definitely using so him beating guys at especially Heavyweights makes his run even more impressive.

Fedor wasn't beating guys in their twilight with strict testing like Stipe. Fedor was fighting guys in their prime that were potentially sauced to the gills. I find that far more impressive.
The doublestrike response a fanboy could possibly give. It assumes fedor May have been clean while fighting dirty opponents while failing to bring up the other half of the first stipulation. Even if he cheated against opponents who also did, it’s possible he cheated against opponents who didn’t.

Until he fails a test, it's all just haters gossiping and spreading bullshit. Shoulda woulda coulda whatever the shit didn't happen. If it did...prove it!

Not Fedor's fault every UFC fighter who has potential to be GOAT(in their own weight class) has popped so far except for GSP.

Meh, he was using, so were his opponents. Even playing field in my eyes.

Even Sakuraba, Kondo, Sakurai, and Gomi?

I don’t know.

I also don’t think Guy Mezger ever used.
And Igor V, who got worn out and aged/injured like a normal human being.

I wonder if Anderson Silva was using back then...
No I agree there are exceptions definitely. But most were probably on stuff, they didn't test and they had a huge money incentive to dope, there's really no reason they wouldn't. Sakuraba never looked like he did but you never know. If you know dee Gordon who's a baseball player, he took roids and was pretty skinny and you'd never know. Who knows?

some people are opposed to putting substances in their body and pride themselves on it. Fedor could have been one of those. there's no proof he used roids so many years after the fact. its a nonissue.

Even if he did use in Russia, he has passed every test he has had.

Russia literally had a state sponsored program, initiated by Putin, to ensure all their athletes were doping.

But the Russian guy dominating a sport where everyone dopes in an organization that openly allowed doping, somehow isn't doping? Yeah... okay.
To be fair I think it was only their best Olympic athletes that were apart of their program not just any joe blow that wanted to be a fighter but I don't know if fedor was apart of any of their Olympic teams

I don't think sambo competition allowed steroid use, and fedor was winning in world sambo competitions the same time he was beating everyone in pride(badass) so if he was heavily doped up like lots of fighters in pride wouldn't he of been caught in sambo competition???
Discuss

What do you mean if? Are we trying to say a guy who didn't "really" lose in PRIDE was clean???????

The doublestrike response a fanboy could possibly give. It assumes fedor May have been clean while fighting dirty opponents while failing to bring up the other half of the first stipulation. Even if he cheated against opponents who also did, it’s possible he cheated against opponents who didn’t.

We should speculate on every possible scenario where a fighter may or may not have competed against someone on peds or may have used at some point in their career, but only the ones who have never popped. That sounds super fuckin pointless.

It is human nature to look for the easiest way possible to be on top.
I think integrity is less common than one might think. That said, the odds are more likely that all your favorite fighters were juicers at some point than not. Speculation is fun.

To be fair I think it was only their best Olympic athletes that were apart of their program not just any joe blow that wanted to be a fighter but I don't know if fedor was apart of any of their Olympic teams

I actually saw a program where an old Olympic coach from the states was talking about their doping program back in the day to compete with the Russians. I can't remember what sport it was, maybe wrestling, anyway, he said that everyone was looking for an edge and they all knew it.
If I remember it was a show on Netflix like bigger stronger faster or one of those type shows. Make no mistake, doping in the Olympics is nothing new and not exclusive to one country.

Actually in Pride it's impossible that he cheated at all.

PEDs were legal.

You're not cheating if you're doing something that is allowed <seedat>

Until he fails a test, it's all just haters gossiping and spreading bullshit. Shoulda woulda coulda whatever the shit didn't happen. If it did...prove it!

Not Fedor's fault every UFC fighter who has potential to be GOAT(in their own weight class) has popped so far except for GSP.

I can agree with that. People will try to do damage by slandering others without proof which is sort of weak in my opinion. There is no accountability on the net so that should be taken into consideration when judging the legitimacy of what's said on here.

I am curious, aside from the obvious influence of Dana telling all the zuffa drones that Fedor sucks, what is not cool about the guy? Every fight he is in, he brings it, even now at the end of his career, he throws down and doesn't look to cruise or stall. How can mma fans not like this guy? It's weird.

Russia literally had a state sponsored program, initiated by Putin, to ensure all their athletes were doping.

But the Russian guy dominating a sport where everyone dopes in an organization that openly allowed doping, somehow isn't doping? Yeah... okay.

End thread. Dude was juiced to the gills. Is normal.

The entire Russian federation doped every single athlete in every single sport for decades and have been banned from competing at all sorts of competition settings. What makes you think they would not allow roids in sambo? Isn’t sambo a Russian sport?

As I mentioned in another thread, Fedor fighting without drug testing doesn't hurt his claim to GOAT, it helps.

- If he was using, everyone else was as well so that makes it an even playing field. That also means that fighters were at their best.

- If he was clean, we know others were definitely using so him beating guys at especially Heavyweights makes his run even more impressive.

Fedor wasn't beating guys in their twilight with strict testing like Stipe. Fedor was fighting guys in their prime that were potentially sauced to the gills. I find that far more impressive.
Bullshit, it's not far more impressive if he was on the shit too. If anything there's no difference, that's the best argument you can make.

More chance of finding a virgin in a whorehouse than a Russian athlete that doesn't take PEDS

Back