If Edgar and DC become a 2 division champ, who will have the better legacy?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kung Fu bb, Feb 9, 2018.

1. 007

007 License to Kill

DC he only loss would be to Jones who may be a cheat

2. The guest

The guest Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

If one takes into account the fact that I believe DC is going to get KTFO. Then it would have to be Edgar. If DC were to beat Stipe. Then it would be DC. But, imo DC beating Stipe...

[​IMG]

3. Rovert

Rovert Yellow Card

I have no idea why the UFC is always trying to take a potential PPV draw in a guy like Max to have him air jabbed & humped by Edgar to send the division into the forever Fight Night abyss that Frankie brings to it .
    I didn't watch a single LW title fight after Edgar beat Penn until Pettis vs RDA , guess there going for the same effect again .

4. DM1982

DM1982 Brown Belt

You overrate the Penn wins: bj was great but not as great as you make out, and the first win was too contentious (i agree he won but it was very close and unconvincing).

The big win frankie is missing is Jose Aldo, if he won that fight then hed perhaps be a lock.

Otherwise, theyre pretty even

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  5. ScarfaceJr

ScarfaceJr Brown Belt

They both lost to Goat's

twice

Dozer . likes this.
  6. fortheo

fortheo Gold Belt

I don't think It's a crazy statement to say that Penn is the best win on either resume.

7. DM1982

DM1982 Brown Belt

No, not crazy at all.

But he's got alot of losses on his record, and his first loss to Frankie was one of the least convincing of his career; I just don't think that win separates Frankie from Cormier in this argument. Frankie has more losses than Cormier - neither beat the no.1 nemesis of their careers (Aldo - Jones)

I think they're basically even at this point

8. fortheo

fortheo Gold Belt

Edgar has also been ranked for two-three years longer than DC, and this situation assumes he'll beat another two top guys (Ortega and max). And Frankie's doing it in much deeper divisions.

It's frankie for me.

9. Dozer .

Dozer . Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Aldo dominated Edgar 2X

Juiced Jones dominated Cormier 2X

Cormier will have the better legacy.

10. Arkham's Notorious Geyser

Arkham's Notorious Geyser The Notorious(21-3) vs The Eagle(26-0)

Max is still young but at this stage, he's a hell of a name to have on someone's resume, should Frankie get past him, he'll have a win over one of the most dominant Featherweights in recent memory, even trumping Jose Aldo twice, who was once the P4P #1.

11. DM1982

DM1982 Brown Belt

Cool.

Whether you like it or not, Cormier is doing his business in divisions that are just more prestigious than Frankie's - they'll always be more highly rated i.e. being lhw and HW champion.

Frankie's been doing it longer, but has only 2 more wins than DC, and more losses to more guys.

It's all tit-4-tat, just sounds to me you're biased in favour of Frankie.

I like em both and say they're pretty much even

chiefwiggum likes this.
  12. DRMZ

DRMZ Green Belt

If your mum had a dick would she be your dad?

What is wrong with you people, constantly living in this fantasy bubble and taking about “who is the goat”, “who is P4P number 6?”

Who gives a fuck? Just watched the fights you snobby cunts

13. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum Black Belt

Both second best at their weigh classes for the majority of their career.

I would say dc. Definitely. Dc has looked very good against everybody. Even bones despite bones proving he’s better twice.

Dc would have been maybe the best lhw certainly in the ufc if there wasn’t bones.

14. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum Black Belt

Very good point.
    Lhw and hw. Have always been the two big prime time divisions. It’s not even debateable.

DM1982 likes this.
  15. jonnyboy316

jonnyboy316 Blue Belt

Edgar. Far more strength in depth at FW and LW where Frankie has plied his trade

fortheo likes this.
  16. SKITZADACTYL

SKITZADACTYL Gold Belt

17. cevo

cevo Black Belt

No. Defending 9 times in a row is much harder than winning 2 seperate titles.

Kung Fu bb and Dozer . like this.
  18. Morning Star

Morning Star Black Belt

DC easily, he's only lost to one person and a steroid cheat at that.

19. Thuckey

Thuckey I swear to drunk.. I'm not God. Platinum Member

If DC defeats Stipe he will have earned a spot in the (what looks like to-be) "Big Seven" (before being the "big five")

Fedor-GSP-Silva-Jones-Aldo-MM-DC

In no specific order.

If Frankie wins great job. Have a feeling the FW belt will be thrown around like a hot potato for while. Let's not forget either that Aldo is still young (31 just 5 years older than Max but 5 years younger than Frank), he could come back and reign again.

The fact that Conor beat Max and Aldo is impressive. His claiming the LW belt as well, although he got off relatively easy with the opponent Alvarez instead of say, Tony or Khabib.

If Conor stayed active and won some more fights, he'd also earn a spot in the greats list. With more divisions and time passing, the best of the best list gets more company.

20. fortheo

fortheo Gold Belt

HW and LHW are weak divisions, regardless of whatever superficial prestige you think they have. LW has always widely been considered the deepest division, thus the toughest division to get on top of.

frankie has only two more wins than DC, but he's been fighting ranked guys for two-three years longer than DC. Frankie not only has more wins, but he has more quality wins. Not to mention that this situation suggests he'll beat Ortega AND max--two more top wins--where as DC will pick up only one top win.

if you're going to argue that lhw and HW are deeper divisions than LW and FW, then good luck. if you're going to argue that less top wins over less time is better than the opposite, then good luck. If you're going to argue that getting finished by a steroid user (jones finishing DC) is better than Edgar never being finished and actually finishing mendes (who popped) then good luck.

to summarize: Edgar has more elite wins over a longer period of time in deeper divisions. It's as simple as that.

it's close, but clear to me.